GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #3

They did not live in rural area. They lived in town very close to the HS in Marshfield. The area in Webster County that they have thought the women might be buried at is more around the Northview/Strafford area. The reason that area came to be suspicious is more to do with a family - or brothers - that have always been trouble and rumors have forever gone around that they might have been involved in the missing 3.

The area was more rural when he lived there, for sure (the parents relocated to Ash Grove about 20 years ago). This map shows 942 N Elm (corner property, see red arrow). There was and is today acreage across the road to the west, golf course property across the road to the north, and--back when they lived there--undeveloped land (possibly some original family property?) behind his home, bordering Golf Course Rd. The homes within the red rectangle directly due east of the family home were all built after 2000.

My only point being, it appears he has always had access to more rural properties outside of the Springfield properties at Stanford and Mirabeau. If he had ties to the Three Missing Women case, then that is additional land to be considered. (I'm aware that the area searched for the 3MW was the Robb Farm area; also that they found some items presumably relevant to the 3MW case, but the results of that search were sealed.)

Where have ya been oceanblueeyes? Glad to be posting with you again:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been down with my back Linda. Thanks for asking. My son is taking me to get a MRI today.

Good to be posting with you again too.:seeya:

02/28/2014 Motion Hearing Scheduled
/KDG
Scheduled For: 03/07/2014; 9:00 AM ; JASON R BROWN; Greene

Note to Clerk eFiling
Filed By: JOHN DANIEL PATTERSON

Motion for Change of Judge
State's Application for Change of Judge; Notice of Hearing FILED BY PA PATTERSON. /KDG Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

This filed in court records today at: courts.mo.gov/casenet. To access information from this website you must enter CMW's name.

Now it appears to me that the prosecutor is now asking for a change of Judge. Any ideas why the musical Judges in Greene County? Beats me. I fully imagine the defense attorney will ask for a change of venue anyway.

Speaking of Missouri and the DP, there was another abduction and murder very similar to the Hailey Owens case in Kansas City in ... oh wait, it was in Kansas City, Kansas. Like I said, there is a state line in KC with different jurisdictions. Anyway, in 1999, ten-year-old Pamela Butler was grabbed off the street and thrown into a pickup truck in front of witnesses in the late afternoon after her killer, Keith D. Nelson, got off work. He had been seen the late-afternoon before casing the area. A neighbor tried to chase the truck but lost it. Within an hour or two Pamela was already strangled--across the state line in Grain Valley, MO. The killer was tried by the Feds and is on Federal Death Row. I am not sure what made the difference in Nelson's case where he was tried on the Federal level.

http://www.pitch.com/kansascity/girls-in-the-hood/Content?oid=2162050

He transported her across state lines. That makes it federal. IMO

The only reason I can think of to compel the PA to request another Judge is that he approved a video appearance at CMW's next Prelim Hearing. Either that or approval of him getting a Public Defender. JMO

I think the difference is that Nelson took her across state lines. I believe then it becomes a federal crime. If I'm wrong feel free to correct me. :)

I do believe he killed Angie Housman of st Louis. He killed Owens on Angie's birthday. Which is February 18. Angie disappeared on November 18. Owens birthday is august 18. Angie told her teacher on November 17 she was going to the country with her uncle. Angie Housman parents said there was no plans for Angie to go to the country with her uncle. When I heard of cw band called uncle fudd it made me more convenience it was him.

02/28/2014 Motion Hearing Scheduled
/KDG
Scheduled For: 03/07/2014; 9:00 AM ; JASON R BROWN; Greene

Note to Clerk eFiling

Motion for Change of Judge
State's Application for Change of Judge; Notice of Hearing FILED BY PA PATTERSON. /KDG Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

This filed in court records today at: courts.mo.gov/casenet. To access information from this website you must enter CMW's name.

Now it appears to me that the prosecutor is now asking for a change of Judge. Any ideas why the musical Judges in Greene County? Beats me. I fully imagine the defense attorney will ask for a change of venue anyway.

Good question. My only guess would be due to conflict of interest (real or imagined) based on their track records and affiliations. I know that the 2nd judge, Jason Brown, is a bit younger than Imhof, and also has been active on the board of Good Samaritan Boys Ranch--a ranch 14 miles north of Springfield on Hwy K for troubled boys (with horsemanship & trail-riding as part of their program). Maybe the prosecutor thinks there's too much overlap there (CW's parents breed, show, and sell fox trotter horses used in trail riding).

"The Good Samaritan Boys Ranch is a primary long-term treatment facility for boys with emotional and behavioral issues. This independent, non-denominational organization is known for outstanding treatment of troubled boys from across the state."
www.ranchlife.org

Here are two bios of judge #1 (Imhof) judge #2 (Brown):

DAN IMHOF:

Circuit 31 — Division 21 DAN IMHOF Office address: Judicial Courts Facility, 1010 Boonville, Springfield 65802; phone (417) 868-4099. County: Greene. Biography: Born June 19, 1954, in St. Louis. Education: B.S. from Southwest Missouri State University (now Missouri State University); J.D. from University of Missouri-Kansas City. Married Virginia S. Ratliff May 26, 1991. They have two daughters, Nichole and Megan. Law Clerk for the Hon. Douglas Greene at Missouri Court of Appeals-Southern District; assistant Greene County prosecuting attorney; assistant public defender; 25 years in private practice. Member: Campbell United Methodist Church; Rotary; Solomon Lodge #271 AF and AM; Scottish Rite; Abou Ben Adhem Shrine Temple; former board member, Easter Seals; board member, Friends of the Zoo; and chair, Greene County Republican Central Committee. Elected associate circuit judge in 2006. Retained 2010. Term expires: December 31, 2014. Nonpartisan.

JASON BROWN:

Circuit 31 — Division 22 JASON BROWN Office address: Greene County Courthouse, 1010 Boonville, Springfield 65802; phone (41 7) 868-4097. County: Greene. Biography: Born Jan. 1 1, 1963, in St. Louis. Graduate of University of Missouri, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, 1985; Vanderbilt Univ., J.D., 1988. Engaged in private practice in Kansas City area and Springfield from 1988-2004. Volunteer Greene County teen court judge; Member: Mo. Bar Professionalism Committee; MAPACJ board member, Springfield. SE Rotary Club; past board member and current committee, Good Samaritan Boys Ranch. Appointed Jan. 1, 2005. Elected November 2006 and 2010. Term expires December 31, 2014. Nonpartisan.

(MAPACJ = Missouri Association of Probate & Associate Circuit Judges)

(From the MO Bluebook site: https://archive.org/stream/20132014MOBlueBook/2013-2014MOBlueBook_djvu.txt)

(People who've spent their whole lives in one area are bound to have more local affiliations that can present possible conflicts of interest. It might also be the conflict of interest has to do with a judge's previous cases.)

It seems to me that the public defender is eager to do this case. When the prosecuting attorney is trying to get them off the hook, he tells him it's none of his business. JMO

I do believe he killed Angie Housman of st Louis. He killed Owens on Angie's birthday. Which is February 18. Angie disappeared on November 18. Owens birthday is august 18. Angie told her teacher on November 17 she was going to the country with her uncle. Angie Housman parents said there was no plans for Angie to go to the country with her uncle. When I heard of cw band called uncle fudd it made me more convenience it was him.

Well, they have CMW's fingerprints now, so if he did kill Angie, seems they'd have a match to the fingerprint found on the tape at Angie's crime scene.

It seems to me that the public defender is eager to do this case. When the prosecuting attorney is trying to get them off the hook, he tells him it's none of his business. JMO

Its also possible that the public defender is getting advice from Dee Wampler's office. Though Wampler and his partner are working for Woods' parents, they have nothing to lose by sharing advice that could help the defense. Churning the judicial waters could help a defense argument that Woods isn't getting a fair trial, could delay the process and incresae the likelihood of a mistrial or numerous appeals.

The case against Woods is so strong, the best the defense can hope for is getting him out on bail and keeping him free as long as possible with delaying tactcics. Wampler and his partner are probably more experienced in using these tactics than Wood's attorney. Before the Casey Anthony trial, this kind of speculation would be outlandish, now not so much. That said, Springfield is a pretty sensible community, juries there will be difficult to manipulate.

Dee Wampler has a reputation of being a strong attorney that, in my opinion, usually gets what he sets out for.
I think the Judges were changed because the attorneys most likely know who is the weakest link, making sure they have a better chance of getting what they want, or simply because said attorney gets listened to and respected more by one judge over the other. I agree Wamplers office could be advising and helping public defender.
Changing of judges isn't anything out of the ordinary. I've seen it many times throughout the years with people I know. One judge may be a real hard a$$ about one thing but not another.

JMO

I think the chance of this being tried in Springfield (or by a jury from Springfield -- PD could request a jury be brought in from another county/location) is slim to none. IMO, it won't matter as the evidence is overwhelming. We'll see if he's offered a plea, but I don't think that will happen either.

I believe that if the PA in any way finds that the PD is working with Wampler from the sidelines to protect the "trust" or such that a new Judge won't be the only thing asks for. That would be a borderline conflict of interest, I believe.

I believe that if the PA in any way finds that the PD is working with Wampler from the sidelines to protect the "trust" or such that a new Judge won't be the only thing asks for. That would be a borderline conflict of interest, I believe.
I'm not sure it would be to protect the trust as much as protect CMW from death.
Not trying to be dumb here but why would that be conflict of interest? Attorneys talk all the time off the record.

Again, just my opinion.

Does anyone have any local links that might shed light on to the investigation of this case? I mean, surely, LE doesn't think he just started doing these things suddenly at the age of 45...right? Are they searching properties other than his current one? Have they gone out to Ash Grove to search? I'm from Missouri and lived in Springfield for 6 years (went to SMSU when the perp was also attending SMSU (now called MSU).

Does anyone have any local links that might shed light on to the investigation of this case? I mean, surely, LE doesn't think he just started doing these things suddenly at the age of 45...right? Are they searching properties other than his current one? Have they gone out to Ash Grove to search? I'm from Missouri and lived in Springfield for 6 years (went to SMSU when the perp was also attending SMSU (now called MSU).

I am wondering the same thing. I am particularly interested in knowing if there has been a court order to search CW's cell phone usage as well as Hailey's - and where that court order could be found as public information. Could CW have "befriended" her, since some witnesses mentioned she was walking down the street and using her cell phone and that CW cased the street 3 or 4 times - was there something previously arranged? To be clear, I am not implying she is at any fault! CW would have certainly misrepresented himself.

I am wondering the same thing. I am particularly interested in knowing if there has been a court order to search CW's cell phone usage as well as Hailey's - and where that court order could be found as public information. Could CW have "befriended" her, since some witnesses mentioned she was walking down the street and using her cell phone and that CW cased the street 3 or 4 times - was there something previously arranged? To be clear, I am not implying she is at any fault! CW would have certainly misrepresented himself.

Hopefully they are checking that. Also, so many apps allow you to play with others that you don't know. Can they even check into that? Or is it untraceable? She was home sick that day, which would give lots of time for games or texting. Of course he was at work, but perhaps in ISS he had time to be on his phone.

Another cell phone related question, if she had her phone when abducted, as I believe the eyewitnesses stated, then couldn't the police have traced her that way, even without the Amber alert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnswersFound
Back