Found Deceased MO - John Forsyth, 49, doctor, Mercy ER Clinic, Cassville, 21 May 2023 *car found* #2

I realize that it's taken an extremely long time to get answers regarding Johnny’s death. True healing comes with acceptance. As you know, there is no shame in suicide. Hopefully, his family will reach that in time.
Thank you so much. I’m grateful people tend to be so compassionate in cases of suicide. The support and kindness of strangers means a great deal.

I hope the police report isn’t too long coming out.

Thank you so much. I’m grateful people tend to be so compassionate in cases of suicide. The support and kindness of strangers means a great deal.

I hope the police report isn’t too long coming out.

I am really sorry for all that your family is going through. I hope Johnny can find peace now.

I am still curious, though, about what LE says in their report. The Reporter bragging she know the details irritates me. Hopefully it wont be long that the report is released to us commoners.

I am really sorry for all that your family is going through. I hope Johnny can find peace now.

I am still curious, though, about what LE says in their report. The Reporter bragging she know the details irritates me. Hopefully it wont be long that the report is released to us commoners.
Thanks. I hope he’s at peace too, and I hope the Forsyth parents and siblings get through this okay. You can imagine how distressing it is for them to feel so certain Johnny was murdered, but to have most everyone around them accepting the decision of suicide. And with the police report still unreleased, it’s just difficult.

Yeah, as far as the reporter’s comments, that’s odd. No family members have details, as far as I’m aware, so I’m not sure to whom the reporter is talking.

Thanks. I hope he’s at peace too, and I hope the Forsyth parents and siblings get through this okay. You can imagine how distressing it is for them to feel so certain Johnny was murdered, but to have most everyone around them accepting the decision of suicide. And with the police report still unreleased, it’s just difficult.

Yeah, as far as the reporter’s comments, that’s odd. No family members have details, as far as I’m aware, so I’m not sure to whom the reporter is talking.

The reporters are ...reporters, not necessarily the most tactful people on earth. The ratings are what matters to them. I feel very sorry for John's family. Everyone starts discussing the situation and judging without any solid facts, and the people loving him have to go through the grieving without any answers.

Suicidal behavior is common in animal world, what's there to expect of us, complex human beings? Suicide is not shameful; the shame is not to offer help when people consider it as an option. It is also important to know if there is suicide in the family and share the knowledge with children and grandchildren so they know that they should immediately seek help should they have such feelings. Suicide rate varies between countries and communities, and no matter what has been done to lower the rate in developed countries that are on top of suicide rate, it still high. So genes and biology play a huge role. My hope is for biology and genetics to provide answers and treatment.

One feels sorry for the immense
emotional pain that people who opt to commit suicide are feeling. But again, John seems to have been a warm, caring person, a good doctor, a husband, a father, a son and a brother... lots of people there to remember him happy, and I hope when all is said and done, the happy memories will be a consolation. RIP, Dr. Forsyth.

Thank you. I appreciate everyone who recognizes that suicide is a tragedy, and families shouldn’t feel shame over that. For those who hold fast to the belief that Johnny was murdered, I think it’s more complicated than shame over the idea of suicide. By accepting the ruling of the detectives and medical examiner, you have to accept that his death was not a spontaneous decision, nor was it the culmination of a long battle with depression or other diagnosed mental illnesses. If you accept suicide in his case, then you have to grapple with the unconscionable idea that he’d go to such great lengths to deceive his family, not to mention the pregnant girlfriend to whom he had just proposed. So, accepting suicide might feel disloyal for many who knew and loved Johnny.

He was so fun. The room always felt happier and more exciting when he was in it. He seemed fearless and undaunted when embarking on something new. He could persuade you that any idea he had was the best idea in the world. He loved to tease people, but he also had a way of encouraging you and inspiring you. He was so proud of his children. People are complicated, and it seems Johnny was even more complicated than most of us.

Again, I appreciate the outpouring of kindness, especially the restraint in harsh judgements, here on this website.

Thank you!

Investigators with the Benton County, Ark., Sheriff’s Office say they agree with the medical examiner’s report that ruled the death of Cassville Dr. John Forsyth as a suicide.

Investigators released the report on Thursday. He died from a single gunshot wound. They say no evidence disputes the autopsy findings. However, the case remains open at this time.

On his bicycle. Nearly 8 Hr. Ride.

@imstilla.grandma Thx for your post w link.*

Investigators released info answering the oh-so-frequently asked question posted on WS --- how did John travel from aquatic park in Aurora MO [eta: where his car was found] to Beaver Lake in AR?

His "....black Infiniti was found parked in a remote area near an aquatic park in Cassville. Officers found the car unlocked with his wallet, two phones, and a laptop inside.
"Investigators say Forsyth rode a bicycle from the park to the Lost Bridge area of Beaver Lake. Surveillance cameras captured him on the bike, making the nearly eight-hour journey. Detectives found the bicycle near his body."

Hoping his families find some comfort somehow.

Last edited:
I hope Johnny’s family can one day be at peace with the findings of the autopsy and investigation. The bike was found near the body and camera shots are pretty clear. There's no shame in a loved one’s suicide.

I hope Johnny’s family can one day be at peace with the findings of the autopsy and investigation. The bike was found near the body and camera shots are pretty clear. There's no shame in a loved one’s suicide.
There is definitely no shame at all.
From my own experience, with a family member, losing them to suicide was definitely a complicated kind of heartache that hit me in a very different way than other similar losses. His loved ones have so much to process. Sending my best and brightest thoughts to all who loved him. Imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora
Back