MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww, Bless the Shipp family. Maybe this can bring them some peace and now they can turn their attention to finding the person who killed her. (I wonder what outstanding warrants they arrested that man on?)

Yes, they do need to identify the body found in Belton!

Does anyone know if Kara's family are doing anything to help find her...yet? I wonder if LE is really putting out any effort in looking for her as her mom and stepdad said that they thought she ran away when she first disappeared. I wonder if this is just a cold case sitting in a box somewhere at the PD. I hope not. She's been gone for a long time and you would think that she would have called someone if she was still alive.

I thought when she first went missing her parents thought that she was abjucted?
I thought that the police have been trying to convince them she ranaway?

from Crime Scene KC Friday June 8

snip/

One thing that Beckford wanted to emphasize: He doesn't think Kara's a runaway. There have been some reports that she has a history of running off, but that's not true, he said. She has skipped school, he noted, but she's never been gone this long with absolutley no contact.

snip/

I have no doubt Kara's is a cold case sitting in a file they drag out every time a body is found that could be her. At least then they dust it off and look at it from time to time. LE still believes she is a runaway, imo.

The parents keep raising money for searches, but I don't think we have seen any taking place or maybe the news didn't pick up on them (which is highly unlikely).

SS this is just for you!

I say WTF show me how

When the surveyors found the remains, investigators checked to see if they belonged to Kara Kopetsky, a 17-year-old Belton girl who was last seen at Belton High School on May 4.

Her disappearance has been well-publicized. Her family has been outspoken about their efforts to find her, and a Web site has been established.
http://www.kctv5.com/news/14330551/detail.html#

I so agree SS about her file being in cold files! I just wished someone would get their head out of their you know what and find this girl. Is her dissapperence listed as abducted yet??

Thanks, Indy! This is what I have been saying...they aren't actively doing anything..verbally or otherwise! Other people are! If you notice...the real father's family seem to be the ones keeping the website going...with absolutely NO mention of the stepfather and only ONE mention of her mother. Curious, huh?!

I will check and see how she is listed...but my guess is still an Endangered Runaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maryjane99