MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hope someday we will know the truth, DD. Remember, the truth has a tendency to come out in the most unusual ways.

BELTON, Mo. -- The reward for finding a Belton girl missing for 18 months has been raised to $80,000 -- if she's safely returned by her birthday.

Kara Kopetsky's 19th birthday is Feb. 17. She was last seen May 7, 2007, at Belton High School, near her home,
The girl's family and friends have collected $30,000 in reward money, and an anonymous donor has temporarily added $50,000 in hopes of someone coming forward with information.
http://www.kmbc.com/news/17983138/detail.html

BELTON, Mo. -- The reward for finding a Belton girl missing for 18 months has been raised to $80,000 -- if she's safely returned by her birthday.

Kara Kopetsky's 19th birthday is Feb. 17. She was last seen May 7, 2007, at Belton High School, near her home,
The girl's family and friends have collected $30,000 in reward money, and an anonymous donor has temporarily added $50,000 in hopes of someone coming forward with information.

It sounds like they think she was abducted. Personally I don't think that she is still alive. She's been gone for so long and hasn't contacted any of her friends or family. I wonder who thinks that she was abducted?

I personally agree with Bobbisangel and I feel that Kara is no longer with us. However, I HOPE AND PRAY that this added reward money WILL bring Kara home and soon. I think of her so often.

I too think of her often and pray that this new reward $$ might give some closure/answers.

Rosco

So I know we've dismissed the fake Atlanta Kara Myspace page, but did anyone notice what's in the "Heroes" section?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=378286545

Strange...

Another thing regarding Kara and Myspace -- Often on missing people's (or deceased for that matter) Myspace profiles, friends and family continue to comment on them. Maybe to say that they miss them or to wish them happy birthday or something. Why do the comments on Kara's real Myspace page stop in Sept. 2007? All of her friends seem to be pretty active on Myspace. It always struck me as very odd. Just my thoughts...

The way the reward is written it sounds like the only way someone will get it would be if she is returned safely....alive.....by her birthday. If she is dead and someone knows where her body is I don't think they would get the reward if they told LE. She wouldn't be coming home safely. I wonder who put the reward up? It just sounds to me like whoever it is thinks that she was abducted and is being held somewhere. I wish that were the case.

Hmmm....posted on the Help Find Kara Facebook group wall:

Ashley Fields (Belton High) wrote
at 1:49pm on October 14th, 2008
so i heard a rumor.... and ive been one who hasnt taken kindly to rumors regarding this situation.. but i was told by someone who witnessed it happen that someone has been taken into custody (by the FBI......) because he was the last number on her phone... if its who i think it is, im almost certain they have the wrong person.. but.. i dont know what to believe anymore...

Hmmm....posted on the Help Find Kara Facebook group wall:

Ashley Fields (Belton High) wrote
at 1:49pm on October 14th, 2008
so i heard a rumor.... and ive been one who hasnt taken kindly to rumors regarding this situation.. but i was told by someone who witnessed it happen that someone has been taken into custody (by the FBI......) because he was the last number on her phone... if its who i think it is, im almost certain they have the wrong person.. but.. i dont know what to believe anymore...

Anything more on this? Does Ashley have a myspace or facebook that you can look at?

Salem

I brought that message to the attention of somebody who communicates with Kara's family. I haven't heard anything in a long time. I found that comment on this group:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2419425743

Ashley's profile is private, but she is the person who started the group.

I hope something is happening with this case. It seems to have fallen off the radar -- online at least.

So I know we've dismissed the fake Atlanta Kara Myspace page, but did anyone notice what's in the "Heroes" section?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=378286545

Strange...

Another thing regarding Kara and Myspace -- Often on missing people's (or deceased for that matter) Myspace profiles, friends and family continue to comment on them. Maybe to say that they miss them or to wish them happy birthday or something. Why do the comments on Kara's real Myspace page stop in Sept. 2007? All of her friends seem to be pretty active on Myspace. It always struck me as very odd. Just my thoughts...

Many people set their MySpace up so that comments have to be 'approved' by the owner before they show up for anyone else to read. Hers must be set that way, so unless someone goes onto her MySpace and clicks 'approve' for each comment, they will not appear for public view.

I think that might be the case with Kara's page, but a lot of the comments came after she went missing. Possibly LE or somebody else logged into her account, masked the Last login date, and accepted those comments waiting approval.

Anyways, bumping for Kara. Where are you?

Kara~ On this Christmas Day, you are in my thoughts and prayers as always. I lit a candle for you last night to shine in the darkness upon your heart and as a reminder that people are still looking for answers to spotlight the truth for you. Justice will come someday for you, Sweet Kara~

As we begin a new year, you are in my thoughts and prayers as always. I am praying this is your year, when truth, resolution and justice will come your way.

Bumping for Kara as her Birthday draws closer. You live on in our hearts Kara and justice will prevail.

I really wonder what happened to this poor girl. She is almost nineteen years old now, if she ran away, you'd think she would have come forward to someone, friend or family by now. She can't be forced to return home or do anything that she doesn't want to do, you'd think she'd let someone know that she was alive, at least.

It seems more and more likely that something sinister happened, and that is very sad.

If you're out there Kara, I hope you find your way home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awb1903