MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me out here guys, there was another girl that was kidnapped and eventually found deceased about the same time Kara went missing. What was her name? I worked for AIG then and it happened at the target down the road. Her initials were KS I believe. At the time they thought hers and Kara disappearance was related. Thanks

That was Kelsey Smith

I'm in shock. I've followed Kara's case since she disappeared. I always thought this case was solvable.

Holy..... the news we have all hoped and dreaded is here. Why are they assuming this is her? Also if this is Kara and Jessica I am kind of surprised he left them together. Also why are they only saying skulls? Where are the full skeletons. For them to be saying they believe this is them there has to be a reason.

I'm wondering too how Kara was confirmed, I'm assuming dental records. I wouldn't think Jessica would already be a skeleton? She's been missing for what, 7 months? It's one of those weird times when you hope it's not her so that she isn't dead, but you also hope it is her so her family has closure and that sick SOB gets what's coming for her.

I've added a marker for the location and some tweets and photos and 2 videos to the (combined with JR) Case Map
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CMqkgKY09LYKMbNq0BsFBEmUbGc&usp=sharing

e19t37.png

Holy..... the news we have all hoped and dreaded is here. Why are they assuming this is her? Also if this is Kara and Jessica I am kind of surprised he left them together. Also why are they only saying skulls? Where are the full skeletons. For them to be saying they believe this is them there has to be a reason.

I agree that for the authorities to contact the families, there has to be something more concrete that we just haven't heard about yet. As for placing them both in the same area ... Kara was missing since 2007 & hadn't been located for over 9 years when Jessica went missing. That being the case, It probably seemed like a safe spot. It was really happenstance that the graves were located at all.

September was pretty warm still and we had a mild winter I think that would help with decomp to the point of skeleton especially if she was left out to the elements

Seeing that map explains a lot as to the possible assumption of this being our girls

I am not at all surprised Kylr put them in the same place - other than it feeling safe, I think it is part of his mental makeup to put his victims together. It makes it easier to revisit. He would not have stopped at Jessica.

Jessica would be pretty skeletal by now, 6 months later, especially if left nude to the elements where animals and other scavengers take over. This is also likely why all the bones have not been recovered - if they were buried, it may be a few days before they are fully excavated. Just mentioning the skulls in headlines is more shocking and alludes to there being a possibility of identification. I believe they have a solid idea this is the girls due to notifying the parents and the information they are releasing to the media, but obviously need an ME confirmation before it is official.

[video=twitter;849337590809583616]https://twitter.com/AFGutierrez/status/849337590809583616[/video]

Andres Gutierrez‏Verified account @AFGutierrez 2m2 minutes ago
We were doing an interview when #KaraKopetsky's parents received word from @Belton_MO Police to get to headquarters

This just broke my heart :tears:

What is so sad is the appearance of her mother now and what she looked like 10 years ago. Stress and worry and not knowing shows, feel for her.

[video=twitter;849330820582080512]https://twitter.com/kaitlynschwers/status/849330820582080512[/video]

Kaitlyn Schwers‏ @kaitlynschwers

Both families make a statement. Cc: @KCStar @gmhobson @kclaurab

[video=twitter;849337590809583616]https://twitter.com/AFGutierrez/status/849337590809583616[/video]

Andres Gutierrez‏Verified account @AFGutierrez 2m2 minutes ago
We were doing an interview when #KaraKopetsky's parents received word from @Belton_MO Police to get to headquarters

This just broke my heart :tears:

Please let this be the girls. I couldn't fathom LE giving that type of hope if it's not them. (I had to hold the phone speaker to my ear to understand the words.)

And Skibs, super duper thank you for posting this on the Breaking News thread.

How quickly can they confirm someone's remains via dental records? I feel like that might take some time, could be wrong though.

How quickly can they confirm someone's remains via dental records? I feel like that might take some time, could be wrong though.

I don't think it takes long for a forensic dentist to make a comparison. It's essentially a visual comparison made by a forensic dentist.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/forensic-dentistry2.htm

Examining the teeth of an intact corpse often requires working in a morgue to expose the jaws surgically. Even if only a few teeth are available, a forensic dentist can still make a positive identification. The best comparisons come from X-rays, but even if those aren't available, notations on the tooth chart can tell the dentist if the teeth are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror