• Missing Since 11/17/2008
  • Missing From University City, Missouri
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/19/1966 (57)
  • Age 42 years old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair.

Details of Disappearance​

Heit was last seen in University City, Missouri on November 17, 2008. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency​

• Missouri State Highway Patrol
  • Missing Persons Unit
  • 800-877-3452

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated December 1, 2009; casefile added.

Okay, this is likely not the most reliable source, but there apparently is a 57 year old Moshe Heit living in St. Louis?

I guess this could be the family home, and the missing man is still listed?

Possible Facebook page as well.

Pondering.

jmho ymmv lrr
Maybe he doesn't want to be found, or he's just laying low? I also had some vibes of him being the victim of a hate crime? Just some thoughts. **BUMPING** April 2024.

So I found the following in The Countian St. Louis, which looks like a magazine of public notices, published on June 21, 2011.

I'm not good with legal language, but it reads to me like Moshe and his wife had acquired a certain property just five days prior to his disappearance, and that three years later it was being auctioned off in order to collect a debt.

Now maybe this occurred because, after Moshe disappeared, Elisheva alone couldn't keep up with payments, so the inevitable had to happen. Still, I find it too much of a coincidence that Moshe got that property, and then disappears five days later.

That, and if you Google the wife, she seems to be a successful business owner now, so clearly she's able to make money (I assume it's the same person, given the same location and uncommon name). However, this could just be what she was forced to do to make ends meet after her husband vanished.

Here's the text, which is on page 20 of the magazine:

In RE: Moshe Heit and Elisheva Heit, Husband and Wife
Trustee’s Sale:
For default in payment of debt and performance of obligation secured by Deed of Trust executed by Moshe Heit and Elisheva Heit, Husband and Wife, dated November 12, 2008 and recorded in the Office of the Recorder of Deeds at St. Louis County, Missouri in Book 18125, Page 100 the undersigned Successor Trustee, at the request of the legal holder of said Note will on Tuesday, July 5, 2011 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (at the specific time of 11:15 AM), at the First Floor, Plaza Level, North Front Door of the St. Louis County Government Center Courts Building, 7900 Carondelet Avenue in the City of Clayton, County of St. Louis, State of Missouri, sell at public venue to the highest bidder for cash the following described real estate, described in said Deed of Trust, and situated in St. Louis County, State of Missouri, to wit:
LOT 10 OF DEVONSHIRE, A SUBDIVISION IN ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MISSOURI, ACCORDING TO THE PLAT THEREOF RECORDED IN PLAT BOOK 54 BOOK 45 OF THE ST. LOUIS COUNTRY RECORDS,
to satisfy said debt and cost.

MILLSAP & SINGER, P.C.,
Successor Trustee
612 Spirit Drive
St. Louis, MO 63005
(636) 537-0110
File No. 129011.070511.247434 FC

NOTICE
Pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 U.S.C. 1692c(b), no information concerning the collection of this debt may be given without the prior consent of the consumer given directly to the debt collector or the express permission of a court of competent jurisdiction. The debt collector is attempting to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
10286802 County, Jun 15, 2011

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BISHWHETT
Back