Identified! MO - Noel, McDonald Co., Fem, 40, found in suitcase, 29 Jul'19 - Jessica McCormack

Shin Masamura

Him who is without syntax cast out the 1st pronoun
Reaction score
file-6.jpeg

MCDONALD Co, Mo. — Authorities are investigating a homicide after a dead woman is found inside of a suitcase.

On Monday, the McDonald County Sheriff’s Office was called to Highway 59 between Noel and Ginger Blue for a body found on a steep hillside along the roadway.

The body had been found by a local man that was bicycling through the area. Along with the body was a suitcase in which investigators believe the female had been put into.

The McDonald County Coroner believes the body has been there for quite some time. An identification on the body has not yet been made.

An autopsy is scheduled for later today in Springfield.
Body found in suitcase; Authorities now investigating

McDonald County Sheriff Michael Hall said in a statement that an identification of the body hasn’t yet been made “due to the amount of time the body has been out in the elements.” Lt. Brandon Barrett estimated that she was in her 20s or 30s.

An autopsy is planned to determine her cause of death.
Authorities find woman’s body in suitcase along rural Missouri highway

It looks like McDonald County and Highway 59 are close to where Missouri borders Arkansas and Oklahoma. If I was going to dispose of a body and lived near the state line, I believe I would be tempted to go to a neighboring state.

It looks like McDonald County and Highway 59 are close to where Missouri borders Arkansas and Oklahoma. If I was going to dispose of a body and lived near the state line, I believe I would be tempted to go to a neighboring state.
Yes, pulling up Missing women in that area, they literally can come from anywhere.. I wish they had details on the luggage or any other clues.. will be interesting to see where this goes..

A guy that was sitting in the held up traffic said he thought the "luggage" looked like a pink cooler.
Police are trying to locate a woman who's boyfriend dropped her kids off with relatives and told them he had to leave town because he'd done something bad. No one has seen or spoken to her in two weeks.
A photo from her Faceboook page shows a large pink duffle bag in the background.

No Cause Of Death Determined For McDonald County Body - Newstalk KZRG

KZRG asked Goodwin if it’s possible the woman was a missing women from the area, Sarah Burton or Valerie Jones.

“I would say this is more recent. It’s hard to tell because of the heat that we’ve had and the humidity levels has a big impact on the rate of decomposition.”

Goodwin believes the body may have been laying in the elements for two to three weeks before it was discovered by a bicyclist near the Shady Beach Campground on Monday.

A guy that was sitting in the held up traffic said he thought the "luggage" looked like a pink cooler.
Police are trying to locate a woman who's boyfriend dropped her kids off with relatives and told them he had to leave town because he'd done something bad. No one has seen or spoken to her in two weeks.
A photo from her Faceboook page shows a large pink duffle bag in the background.

is there a link for this information? I want to read in its entirety please.

is there a link for this information? I want to read in its entirety please.
I've seen two reporters refer to it as pink too, i went back and read the article, unless it was redacted, never mentions the color unless i am over looking something, hopefully stormchild provides that info so we can sift thru whats going on..

reporter 1:Jennifer Peñate KNWA
reporter 2:Austin Hyslip

It's a small town we live in, the police officers all have other jobs, one of the deputies and the city Marshal work in the same office as I do. We work night shift and get to talking about the case. The color of the luggage was mentioned in a news report I thought.
I never noticed it, but it was said that people had seen the pink bag in a tree on the hillside for a week before it fell. The guy who though it was a pink cooler works in another area, he mentioned it when he heard us talking about it.
It could be that the investigators are pulling the color of the bag in an effort to keep some of the facts of the case quiet.
I've been wondering why they haven't said what color her hair is or what her nationality is. I know the decomp would probably make skin color difficult but wouldn't the hair color be identifiable?

The officers have shared some of the details of the case with us and I've tried to keep it to myself so I don't get them into trouble and lose my informants. The other girl who has been talking with them just told half a dozen people one detail that I KNOW hadn't been shared with the news. It'll be all over town by this time tomorrow, so I guess I can tell you too.
The reason they haven't released her hair color is because she had been skinned from the shoulders up.
I wonder if this was done to hinder identification or it was kept as a disgusting kind of trophy.

The officers have shared some of the details of the case with us and I've tried to keep it to myself so I don't get them into trouble and lose my informants. The other girl who has been talking with them just told half a dozen people one detail that I KNOW hadn't been shared with the news. It'll be all over town by this time tomorrow, so I guess I can tell you too.
The reason they haven't released her hair color is because she had been skinned from the shoulders up.
I wonder if this was done to hinder identification or it was kept as a disgusting kind of trophy.
OMG! You have got to be kidding me!
Wow!

Thanks so much for the insight. Ill archive it just in case, any clue who you were mentioning in this FB photo or where to see it? Disturbing.. disturbing...

Michelle (the other girl in my office who is talking about it) is friends with the missing girl. Michelle got on her Facebook page and dug though all he photos until she found one with the bag in the picture. She printed it off and gave it to the police. I think it was after that, that they removed the mention of the luggage color from the news coverage. It's possible that they are wanting to talk to the boyfriend and see if he happens to know where her pink suitcase is. If he doesn't know about it, he can't run out and buy another one.

Michelle (the other girl in my office who is talking about it) is friends with the missing girl. Michelle got on her Facebook page and dug though all he photos until she found one with the bag in the picture. She printed it off and gave it to the police. I think it was after that, that they removed the mention of the luggage color from the news coverage. It's possible that they are wanting to talk to the boyfriend and see if he happens to know where her pink suitcase is. If he doesn't know about it, he can't run out and buy another one.
So who is the missing girl? Has she been reported missing to LE? Does she have a thread on WS?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemo1961
Back