GUILTY MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019 #2

yabbyyou

New party, who dis?
Reaction score
Post-Dispatch:

St. Louis police identify off-duty officer killed by fellow officer who 'mishandled' gun inside home
An off-duty St. Louis police officer was shot and killed early Thursday when another officer "mishandled" a gun at a home in the Carondelet neighborhood.

The officer, 24-year-old Katlyn Alix, was in the living room of another officer who was on duty but at the home just before 1 a.m. when he "mishandled a firearm and shot (Alix) in the chest," police said in a written statement Thursday morning.
Investigation continuing.

______

Thread #1 - MO - Off-duty officer (Katlyn Alix) shot dead by on-duty officer (Nathaniel Hendren), Jan 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a 0.00% chance that this happened as they are claiming...

St. Louis officer charged after deadly game with revolver

“The defendant emptied the cylinder of the revolver and then put one cartridge back into the cylinder,” the statement said. He allegedly spun the cylinder, pointed the gun away and pulled the trigger.

The gun did not fire. The statement said Alix took the gun, pointed it at Hendren and pulled the trigger. Again, it didn’t fire.

Hendren “took the gun back and pointed it at the victim (and) pulled the trigger causing the gun to discharge,” the statement said. “The victim was struck in the chest.”

WATCH: St. Louis Police name the late Katlyn Alix North Patrol's 2018 Officer of the Year

June 14, 2019

"The St. Louis Police Department named Katlyn Alix Officer of the Year for North Patrol in 2018. She was killed in January by a fellow officer while police say the two were playing with a gun. She was 24 and had served the department for two years."

St. Louis Police name the late Katlyn Alix North Patrol's 2018 Officer of the Year

WATCH: St. Louis Police name the late Katlyn Alix North Patrol's 2018 Officer of the Year

June 14, 2019

"The St. Louis Police Department named Katlyn Alix Officer of the Year for North Patrol in 2018. She was killed in January by a fellow officer while police say the two were playing with a gun. She was 24 and had served the department for two years."

St. Louis Police name the late Katlyn Alix North Patrol's 2018 Officer of the Year
This seems off to me. I feel terrible for Katlyn and her family. She certainly didn't deserve to die. But she was also clearly doing a few things she absolutely shouldn't have been doing. I am sure there are other officers that may be deserving of this award. To me, this seems like an attempt by the SLPD to appease Katlyn's family.

This seems off to me. I feel terrible for Katlyn and her family. She certainly didn't deserve to die. But she was also clearly doing a few things she absolutely shouldn't have been doing. I am sure there are other officers that may be deserving of this award. To me, this seems like an attempt by the SLPD to appease Katlyn's family.
I have to agree @PrairieWind .

ST. LOUIS — Running into a burning building to save lives, chasing down and arresting armed criminals as well as building bridges with the youth in the city's most violent police district are among the deeds that earned Officer Katlyn Alix the title of North Patrol's Officer of the Year this week — an honor that came months after police say she was killed by a fellow officer.
[...]

Alix, 24, earned Officer of the Month awards in September and October for the Sixth District.

[...]

"She was the epitome of community policing, a consummate professional who was invaluable to this department," Hessel read.

The crowd rose to their feet at the conclusion of Hessel's presentation as Capt. Perri Johnson accepted the award on her behalf.
St. Louis police officer allegedly killed by her colleague receives officer of the year award

June 14, 2019

I noticed the "partner" referenced during the award ceremony was Katlyn's partner from the 6th district -- where she served before transferring to where her "friends" worked.

No winners .... MOO

I noticed the "partner" referenced during the award ceremony was Katlyn's partner from the 6th district -- where she served before transferring to where her "friends" worked.

No winners .... MOO
And no mention of her parents being there. You would think they would have accepted the award on her behalf. Or her husband.

And no mention of her parents being there. You would think they would have accepted the award on her behalf. Or her husband.

I gotta' be honest: The very last person I would expect to accept that award on her behalf would be her husband.

I feel horribly for that man. Talk about a complicated bereavement.

JMO.

I gotta' be honest: The very last person I would expect to accept that award on her behalf would be her husband.

I feel horribly for that man. Talk about a complicated bereavement.

JMO.
You may be right. Yep, very rough situation for him. I really wonder what he knew. But he must feel betrayed in so many ways on top of grieving.

You may be right. Yep, very rough situation for him. I really wonder what he knew. But he must feel betrayed in so many ways on top of grieving.

Seems her first husband (3 month marriage) shared similar experience... but also grieves KA just the same.

“Despite everything, she really did have a heart of gold … she truly was an amazing woman.

“We are all human. We all have made mistakes. Some people are defined by those mistakes. But not Katy.

Cop dies playing Russian roulette

Sept 6, 2019

Hendren had a status hearing Friday morning. You could see a stark contrast inside the courtroom. On the left, you could only see Hendren’s two attorneys. Hendren did not show up to court Friday. He is out on bond.

On the right, three rows of friends and family in support of Officer Katelyn Alix. Some were wearing “Justice for Katelyn Alix” shirts.

[...]

The judge seemed frustrated at one point, saying he saw no reason depositions couldn’t have been scheduled months ago. He set another court date for October 25, 2019.

Officer who shot colleague to death may go to trial in January

Sept 6, 2019

Hendren had a status hearing Friday morning. You could see a stark contrast inside the courtroom. On the left, you could only see Hendren’s two attorneys. Hendren did not show up to court Friday. He is out on bond.

On the right, three rows of friends and family in support of Officer Katelyn Alix. Some were wearing “Justice for Katelyn Alix” shirts.

[...]

The judge seemed frustrated at one point, saying he saw no reason depositions couldn’t have been scheduled months ago. He set another court date for October 25, 2019.

Thank you. I was just looking up the court date. I didn't see the exact date in the article.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2019
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
THOM C CLARK 9:30 AM 1 OF 1 Counsel Status Hearing
Event Text: Location: Division 7 City of St. Louis

09/12/2019 Subpoena Served
Return of Service; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: TALMAGE EDWARD NEWTON IV
On Behalf Of: NATHANIEL HENDREN

09/06/2019 Order
Parties appear by counsel. A personal appearance by the Defendant was excused by Court. Parties report on status. Cause reset for status to October 25, 2019, at 9:30 a.m. for counsel to report on pre-trial preparations. Substantial progress is expected by the Court on depositions and pre-trial preparations. SO ORDERED: JUDGE THOMAS C. CLARK II, 45996.
Counsel Status Hrng Scheduled
Scheduled For: 10/25/2019; 9:30 AM ; THOM C CLARK; City of St. Louis
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Hearing Continued From: 09/06/2019; 9:30 AM Counsel Status Hearing

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

While I agree with this decision, I'm surprised the Union isn't all over this -- aren't officers usually placed on administrative leave pending outcome of trial?
Maybe be cause he was placed on house arrest? IDK. Or, he may have left the dept. of his own volition.

04/25/2019 Hearing Scheduled
Associated Entries: 04/29/2019 - Arraignment Held
Scheduled For:
04/29/2019; 9:01 AM ; THOMAS A MCCARTHY; Carnahan Courthouse
Bond Set
BOND SET AT $100,000 10% IN CASH ONLY (WITH EMASS-GPS-HOUSE ARREST; SURRENDER FIREARMS AND PASSPORT) BY JUDGE ELIZABETH B HOGAN- DEFT ON BOND WARRANT SATISFIED

Maybe be cause he was placed on house arrest? IDK. Or, he may have left the dept. of his own volition.

04/25/2019 Hearing Scheduled
Associated Entries: 04/29/2019 - Arraignment Held
Scheduled For:
04/29/2019; 9:01 AM ; THOMAS A MCCARTHY; Carnahan Courthouse
Bond Set
BOND SET AT $100,000 10% IN CASH ONLY (WITH EMASS-GPS-HOUSE ARREST; SURRENDER FIREARMS AND PASSPORT) BY JUDGE ELIZABETH B HOGAN- DEFT ON BOND WARRANT SATISFIED

I think he did probably resign on his own volition.

I did find where both Hendren and his partner were on paid admin leave-- with Hendren later suspended without pay.

Both were placed on paid administrative leave following the shooting, which is standard procedure any time an officer is involved in a shooting. Hendren was suspended without pay Monday, Woodling said. His partner remains on administrative leave.

St. Louis officer accused of killing colleague in Russian roulette-like shooting is booked into jail

Sept 6, 2019

[...]

I'm confused. Is he in contempt now for failure to appear, or was he not required to appear?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back