Found Deceased MO - Sebastian Husted, 18, Mercer County, 22 Jan 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
b1184ab0-3fa7-42a7-bc98-60868ecdecdc-large16x9_KTVOSebastianHustedCentervillePD.jpg

MERCER COUNTY, MISSOURI — Authorities are still looking for a Centerville, Iowa, teen who went missing last month.

Eighteen-year-old Sebastian Husted was last seen in a hog confinement facility in Mercer County, Missouri, on Jan. 22, 2018.

Mercer County Sheriff Stephen Stockman told KTVO they have searched the pit and hog barn drain. He says there is no sign Husted was even in the area.
Husted is 5'11" and weighs approximately 200 pounds.
http://ktvo.com/news/local/centerville-teen-still-missing-after-one-month

Last edited:
Sebastian had his 19th birthday and a baby since Jan. 22, 2018, when his sister realized he was missing. The day before, her brother was doing his laundry and she took him to the store for groceries.

The man whom family and friends called Ty had been working for a hog confinement facility in Mercer County, Missouri, just across the state line, and carpooled with another man to the job he had been working at for a short time.

At first, his sister didn’t wonder why her brother didn’t respond to her text messages. “He was 18,” she said.

Soon, another sibling said his boss was wondering where he was, and the siblings filed a report. The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Ty Husted has been listed as missing ever since.

Mollie Tibbetts gets far more coverage than other missing persons. Is media bias to blame?

Has anyone started a missing FaceBook page for him. This might help to start to bring awareness to his case. It's easier to share and get the information out there. His family and friends need to talk about him and have people reach out to the media, tweet, whatever.

I was actually thinking about Sebastian today while watching Mollie's press conference and listening to all the things that were being done to see her. I thought about how his missing information is not getting out there because there's so much local and National focus on her. Sad because everyone should be able to get help for their loved ones.

This is his missing persons FaceBook page. I asked who I believe is his sister a few questions. I'm really hoping her or someone from the family visits here or reaches out to someone that can really help this family. He's a young boy/man that could have fallen in with the wrong people. No matter what he deserves to be found and everyone should have an opportunity to get the coverage just like Mollie is getting.

This is what was said:
Me: When was he actually last seen? By who? And where?
Her: January 22nd. A coworker and a hog barn near lineville.
Me: So was there no one else besides the coworker that saw him or saw him leave after work? Was this coworker the same person he carpooled with?
Her: The coworker was the guy he carpooled with there was only the 2 of them there. The coworker left him there for some reason. The reason why he left him has changed repeatedly.
Me: oh wow so no one else was with them. Did the coworker own the farm? I"m sure the police have questioned him.
There's a Websleuths forum that has been started for him since that article came about about his case not being taken seriously. I really suggest you join and try to become an verified insider if you can. I'm telling you they are so great and offer a l…See MoreHer: The police have questioned him and it was a privately owned barn that was not owned by the co worker. Sebastian and the co worker where contracted by a company to power wash the barn. I'll check into Websleuths! Thank you for you help!
1f49c.png

So, LE say that there was no sign that SH was ever in the pig confinement? What evidence, other than the coworker’s word, exists that they even went to work?
Yeah I know. I asked on his forum if he had a cell phone but no one answered yet. The family knows who the coworker is. I think there's got to be a way the police can put more pressure on him, his family, close friends. I wonder if they used dogs or even took it seriously.

Age 18, 5' 11", Outlaw tattoo on left arm, crossed revolvers and roses tattoo on chest.

Do you think he may have fallen in with a bad crowd? Newspaper says he recently was charged with Third degree criminal mischief, Domestic assault, and Failure to appear. They don’t list names for offenses when you are under age 18, so that’s quite a bit. Was he stealing things at the farm, or could he have angered the wrong person? Media bias…no don’t see it.

Age 18, 5' 11", Outlaw tattoo on left arm, crossed revolvers and roses tattoo on chest.

Do you think he may have fallen in with a bad crowd? Newspaper says he recently was charged with Third degree criminal mischief, Domestic assault, and Failure to appear. They don’t list names for offenses when you are under age 18, so that’s quite a bit. Was he stealing things at the farm, or could he have angered the wrong person? Media bias…no don’t see it.

It’s possible, even probable that he fell in with a bad crowd. There is a lot of drug use in the area. Probably not stealing from work, it’s not really a farm, just one of many hog barns in the area that are all owned by one big company. There probably isn’t much to steal there aside from pigs.

I know the area well, but I don’t know Sebastian

There is absolutely bias in what/ who gets media coverage and mass awareness. It's maddening in many ways.

I actually got mad tonight about the Mollie media blitz. The Paula Zahn show tonight was about the disappearance Crystal Ballard/Rogers. She's a girl that was a grade or two younger than me in high school that went missing. The show tonight was the first big nationwide thing I've seen about Crystal and she went missing in 2015. Crystal (and several other likely related crimes) has been all over the local news. Foul play is definitely involved in her case and there are other local crimes/murders that are definitely connected in some way.
Molly disappearing is troubling by all means, but they don't seem to really have any clues about what happened to her (at least to my knowledge). And she just went missing a few weeks ago. They've been mentioning her all of the time on the news. And I'm nowhere near Iowa (I'm in KY). Crystal's been gone for years now and they know that something bad definitely had to have happened to her. And somebody murdered her dad shortly after she disappeared. It makes no sense to me why the media will grab onto certain things and go with it until it's almost overkill.

That kinda/sorta off topic rant aside... I can't find anything about this boy's disappearance that isn't in the story at the top of the thread. Which ain't much.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back