MO MO - St Louis, Deer Creek to River Des Peres, WhtMale UnkAge, UP73539, body tracked from Kirkham Ave, Webster Groves to Wabash Ave, STL, Jul'20

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

*NO IMAGES*

NamUs #UP73539
NamUs Case Created September 11, 2020
ME/C Case Number CITY-2020-1836

Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found July 17, 2020
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Location Found St. Louis, Missouri
Estimated Age Range--
Height 5' 11"(71 inches) , Measured
Weight 225 lbs, Measured
Hair Color Bald
Eye Color Unknown
Clothing - Tan cargo shorts and belt - On the Body

Circumstances of Recovery - Webster Groves PD had been tracking a body in Deer Creek, near Kirkham Avenue in Webster Groves, MO to where it flowed into River Des Peres in the City of St. Louis. Webster Groves PD observed the body in Deer Creek until it entered the River Des Peres near Wabash Avenue in the City of St. Louis. Remains decomposed.

What does “police had been tracking a body“ in the creek mean? Thank you.

What does “police had been tracking a body“ in the creek mean? Thank you.

They did not get in the moving water & attempt recovery, but followed on the bank while others trained & equipped for river recovery arrived.

Good decision, I think.

jmho ymmv lrr

They did not get in the moving water & attempt recovery, but followed on the bank while others trained & equipped for river recovery arrived.

Good decision, I think.

jmho ymmv lrr
Oh, thank you. That could be correct. I’m
not sure if you’re from this area, but Deer creek is closely surrounded by trees and runs through residential areas. It’s not very deep or wide so I was surprised to hear a body was traveling through it. However, it can swell in a big way during floods. It is also known to have a sewer contamination problem. (So I could see why people wouldn’t want to get into it.) River des Peres is like a huge sad concrete drainage ditch. It hasn’t been allowed to be a real river for many, many decades.

Oh, thank you. That could be correct. I’m
not sure if you’re from this area, but Deer creek is closely surrounded by trees and runs through residential areas. It’s not very deep or wide so I was surprised to hear a body was traveling through it. However, it can swell in a big way during floods. It is also known to have a sewer contamination problem. (So I could see why people wouldn’t want to get into it.) River des Peres is like a huge sad concrete drainage ditch. It hasn’t been allowed to be a real river for many, many decades.
I had to look to make sure I didn't write this post! I grew up next to River Des Peres and I would describe it as a "huge, sad concrete drainage ditch" as well. Except you forgot smelly.

I believe I remember this news story from the time but didn't realize that this person was never IDed. Unfortunately there's very little information to identify this man.

Police seek help identifying man found dead in River Des Peres earlier this summer
Police released a description of the man to help identify him. He is white, weighs 225 pounds and is 5 feet, 9 inches tall. Police said his age is unknown. The man had a birth defect and had only one kidney.
Assuming this is what the article means, unilateral renal agenesis is only seen in roughly 0.1% of adults. It is a very strong identifier for this reason. Has anyone come across a missing person with only one kidney? I suppose if someone was healthy and rarely visited doctors, they might not even know. Maybe one of our members in the medical field can weigh in.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back