MO - Twins Moses & Noah Abdus-Sabir, 3 mos, found dead, 12 Aug 2011

Wow. If that isn't quite possibly the worst case scenario. I hope that young child can get over her mistake and have a good life. I'm shocked. :(

Oh how horrible! That poor 13 year old! She was trying to be grownup and she was trying to be loving and helpful. If she ever comes here, I hope she will realize that this has happened to others, to grownups/parents.

Snipped and BBM

I agree with your post but wanted to say that the little girl was 8 years old. How awful for her to live with that the rest of her life. Poor little girl.
Heart wrenching all around.

It was heartbreaking enough to read about the deaths of the twin babies (may they RIP), but to hear how their sister was trying to be a good big sister, and bond with her little brothers, the tears just flow. I sincerely hope that she can move on from this horrible, tragic accident, and live a long and healthy life. That poor, sweet girl. :(

I have 9 yr old identical twin boys :)

How horribly sad. I also have identical twin boys, also age 5 like the 2 previous posters. My daughter was 8 when they were born and she was like a second little mother to them and I could see her doing the same thing as this little girl did. She was often the first to jump up if one of the babies started crying.

"I'm going to jail mama," the girl cried that day. "I didn't mean to wrap them."

Omg, that just breaks my heart. Poor child!

Maybe I've spent too much time reading this board, but does noone else find this story suspicious?

I did. But I don't anymore.

I don't find it suspicious knowing how 8 year old's are... and that it was investigated quite thoroughly.

It is a reminder... that even when something so astronomically unlikely happens... there might STILL be an explanation for it.

Sometimes I think it's a miracle that my son survived his babyhood. I breastfed him totally and belonged to the le leche league and believed in co sleeping. Unfortunately I had a waterbed. I remember one time he woke me up to nurse and I put him on a pillow and fell asleep while he was nursing. When I woke up I couldn't find him. I found him face down in the waterbed, under the pillow, which I was laying on top of. How he didn't suffocate I'll never know but I am forever grateful. He is now a strapping 26 year old who has no idea how close to death he came.

My eldest daughter nearly did this to a friend when she was about 4. I suddenly became aware of a silence and rushed into the adjacent room where they were playing, my girl was trying to carry a huge bundle, her duvet it seemed. I asked where Leah was and took the bundle from her, opened it and inside was a purple faced Leah :eek:

Luckily she was OK, I told her mum and she kept a close eye on her but it could have had such a different outcome. I really feel for that little girl

How sad, all around for this family. This is horrible..

Here's a follow-up.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_a3c33104-e0a0-11e0-affb-001a4bcf6878.html

My daughter said she didn't want them to be cold," Harrington-Sabir says. "She wanted them to be with her. She must have gotten them out of their cribs between 5 and 7 in the morning."

Both boys -- Noah and Moses Abdus-Sabir -- died of suffocation from the bedding, said Suzanne McCune, forensic administrator for the medical examiner's office.

Such a horrible tragedy. That poor family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back