MO - Women films herself smothering infant son; sent video to a friend - Apr 18, 2024

Clearsky

Reaction score

Police claim Emma Rigdon, 28, was with her son when she slapped the child’s leg and then placed her hand over the boy’s mouth and nose, preventing the child from breathing. Rigdon is said to have recorded the incident on video and sent it to a friend.

Well, this just pure cruelty of the worst sort. So many words I cannot put here in WS. Why, why, why? For an adrenaline rush? For knowing that she could do it again and again?
"Jailed without bond," is music to my ears.
Hoping that what was done to that innocent little baby boy did not impair him permanently. Hoping doctors have checked him and repaired what they could if anything needed repairing. Also hoping that the little one has been cuddled by loving hands, and is healing quickly.
Surely his "mother" will never be allowed to see him again. Also hoping that she will be locked up for many years.
The worst.

UPDATE: Rigdon was denied bond at this afternoon's hearing, with St. Louis Circuit Judge Catherine Dierker citing what she called the egregious nature of the "repeated torture" described in the charging documents as well as concerns not just for Rigdon's son but any other children the 20-year-old may come into contact with if she were released from jail.

Prosecutors also expressed alarm at Rigdon having apparently "felt happy and felt joy" during the assault as a reason she should remain locked up.
Mom Accused of Child Abuse Says She Felt ‘Adrenaline Rush’ Torturing Her Infant

Police claim Emma Rigdon, 28, was with her son when she slapped the child’s leg and then placed her hand over the boy’s mouth and nose, preventing the child from breathing. Rigdon is said to have recorded the incident on video and sent it to a friend.
So...did the friend alert authorities right away when these messages started coming in? What was the expected response??

This is incomprehensible.

In a text message to her friend she allegedly said “I be stopping right before he dies. Last time he was blue.” Another message reportedly said: “I really wanna kill him but I don’t want to go to jail so. It’s unfortunate. He’s just gonna have to pay for his existence.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back