Moorers' Bond Hearing - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am almost wondering if the Judge was trying to save the state from revealing too much today. He sure was mouthy when she was speaking and so quiet for the defense, it was strange.

Interesting thought...

My personal opinion is that I thought the judge preceeded in poor taste with his irrelevant ramblings. I was feeling very impatient and can't imagine how all parties involved were feeling. JMO

Interesting thought...

I follow the Christina Morris case and they just had a hearing. They shared a TON of info. The state wanted to stop sharing because it would hurt their kidnapping case but the judge said no and made LE continue and testify. In her So, I don't think this is the case at all. They would provide evidence to keep them in on murder charges if they could. IMO.

If I ran into any of the Caison's/Moorers :jawdrop: , I wouldn't be afraid of them but wouldn't get too close because they aren't very popular and wouldn't want to be caught in the cross-fire or have anyone mistakenly believe I was with them. Then I would run straight here to tell all about it. I don't live close enough to MB to regularly shop there but have to be there the next two weekends.

I follow the Christina Morris case and they just had a hearing. They shared a TON of info. The state wanted to stop sharing because it would hurt their kidnapping case but the judge said no and made LE continue and testify. In her So, I don't think this is the case at all. They would provide evidence to keep them in on murder charges if they could. IMO.

Wow, state wanted to stop sharing but judge said no...

Also, wow, new info in CM's case? Going over there now. Thanks for the heads up!

I am not defending the Judge, but I will say that when I was listening to the solicitor/state, I think she was getting off the beaten path and the purpose of the hearing which was for bond reconsideration (and not to present and/or argue evidence), and she was making (IMO) somewhat of a fool of herself and of the State of South Carolina because it doesn't sound like they have much evidence (that the Judge feels is going to make a difference anyways) and he felt no need to let her ramble on. That and I feel the Judge had his mind made up before the hearing even started that he was going to allow them bond because at the beginning the Judge makes it clear that he has reviewed everything and mentioned (IIRC) something even about the preliminary conference or something that they must've held prior to today's hearing. This is all JMO.

I hope I'm wrong on this but before it's over, I'm guessing the charges against the Moorer's regarding Heather's disappearance will be dropped and there will be no trial. And IF there is a trial, they will both be found not guilty and then the lawsuits by the Moorers and Caisons will begin (for wrongful imprisonment, etc etc etc)
I in no way feel the Moorers are innocent but I just don't feel there is enough to convict them of what they have been charged with. I realize we do NOT know yet what all the State may have but I just get the feeling, after today's hearing, that it isn't much to amount to anything that is going to lead to a conviction. For example, it sounds as if the video/surveillance footage was a joke, there is NO DNA evidence, etc.

I hope I'm wrong on this but before it's over, I'm guessing the charges against the Moorer's regarding Heather's disappearance will be dropped and there will be no trial. And IF there is a trial, they will both be found not guilty and then the lawsuits by the Moorers and Caisons will begin (for wrongful imprisonment, etc etc etc)
I in no way feel the Moorers are innocent but I just don't feel there is enough to convict them of what they have been charged with. I realize we do NOT know yet what all the State may have but I just get the feeling, after today's hearing, that it isn't much to amount to anything that is going to lead to a conviction. For example, it sounds as if the video/surveillance footage was a joke, there is NO DNA evidence, etc.

The question I want to know is why would LE even believe SM would be so careless that he would still have DNA in his truck several months after HE went missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a turn this case took today. Jeepers! Yesterday, I felt confident that the Moorers would be convicted of Heather's murder. Now I'm not so sure. And what's up with $100k bail...? That seems rather low.

Questions that have come to mind: What happened to the tank top found in the M's home? Guns, etc? How reliable is Truslow's word that there was no evidence that the M's withdrew a lot of money? Is there really no physical evidence at ALL in this case?!?! Does the state have any idea how Heather actually died?

I'm also reminded of the fact that a few days ago LE shut down an area near PTL for work related to the HE case. That could have been something big. Hopefully, they weren't bluffing in all the months leading up to today!

The question I want to know is why would LE even believe SM would be so careless that he would still have DNA in his truck several months after HE went missing?

SM made a call on a payphone that was recorded by an obvious surveillance camera, and then claimed he didn't know payphones still exist. He allowed his wife to handcuff him (not in the kinky way). He tatted his wife's name over his abs. Etc. IMO his intelligence doesn't deserve much credit.

I wonder if SM will try to work while he's out on bond.

Sorry if I missed it, but where will TM be staying? Are they going to be staying together?

Yes. If things move forward this will be the new judge. He was supposed to be in HC already - but another trial went longer than expected - so he was still in Berkley County - so that's why the hearing was there yesterday. He will be here in Horry County.

I'm disappointed. I don't believe we would've heard the 'stories' from the prior judge. My heart broke for the Elvis family having to sit and listen to it all. For a judge who 'said' he cared about the victims family - he sure didn't think out how his stories would be for them? Not bashing him - just sharing my personal opinion of how things went. Again, in the very beginning yesterday, some of his first questions to the Prosecution was if they had thoroughly explained how bond works and the law surrounding it. The pit in my stomach I felt as he talked told me the M's were getting out. :(

According to Truslow, SM has been offered employment by his brother. AFAIK, no word on where Tammy will reside. Upthread, PeterThomasFan pointed out that the Moorer home was within the five mile no-go zone of the Elvis residence, so I don't think she would be allowed to live there or at her Mother's. It seems like Sidney's plans included his children, but not Tammy. I wonder if she will try to weasel in where he will be living. It will be interesting to see what happens next. Just wish Heather could be found.

I wonder if SM will try to work while he's out on bond.

Sorry if I missed it, but where will TM be staying? Are they going to be staying together?

SM attorney said that SM's family would be helping him with housing and the brother would give SM a job. I think that his family would expect him to work and if they are supporting his bond SM would be obligated to them. I do not think he will actually go for placement of the children and bring them to Dorchester county. I do not think a judge will go for that either. Where have the children been placed all this time? I do not think SM and TM will be living together, his alliance now seemed to be back with his family in Dorchester. It will be interesting to actually see what happens, its anyones guess at this point. IMO.

JMO

Yes. If things move forward this will be the new judge. He was supposed to be in HC already - but another trial went longer than expected - so he was still in Berkley County - so that's why the hearing was there yesterday. He will be here in Horry County.
I know SM is from Berkley County, but wasn't yesterday's hearing in Charleston County? I thought all of the outside shots were from the corner of Broad and Meeting in downtown Charleston.

If she was killed in the car as they say, her DNA would be very hard to get out, even months later. Smart or dumb people can't find all evidence of DNA IMO.

If she was killed in the car as they say, her DNA would be very hard to get out, even months later. Smart or dumb people can't find all evidence of DNA IMO.

I agree, and if there was no DNA in the truck, she almost HAS to be in that lake!!!

This judge has already shown today he will give latitude to the defense over the state. If his behavior today is indicative of how he will be at trial, the state may have more to worry about than the veracity of any evidence, which will ultimately be up to a jury to decide. The judge can be a much bigger problem to them.

JMO but the Judge had to let them go especialy with the NO EVIDENCE blunder. I mean really, They thought they were doing forensics on SM's car and it was Heathers car they were doing. Give me a break! Its not the judges fault these two walk out!
It is what it is! They have to start over!

Has anyone followed a case either here on WS or off where someone got out on bond after being in for awhile, like the Moorer's on murder charges? Did their case go to murder trial? How did it turn out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfdvjitrdjj634754gxdd