Motive For Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for reopening the thread. I had a whole post of what I thought was the motive and how things went down...now I have to rethink out the scenario.

Yes, I work in the medical center complex. I do have some knowledge of the facility and know folks who work with the POI and also folks who worked with the victim. I don't personally know the victim at all. I realize that this isn't a board for speculation and I'm learning the rules here (the hard way apparently).

P.S. I'm worried that they still haven't gotten ANY DNA matches yet. I'm sure they started with the bloody clothing..what gives.....

maybe it's not him...maybe it's an accomplice...maybe he was framed, which is what i've sort of been tossing around. still think he's involved, though.

HeyJoe...that was my theory as well. Text was code for "meet me" ...she went...and fight ensued. Went further than expected....bad temper, he beat and strangled her, and then came back later that night to move the body from one hiding place to another.

Wait, so she had a 10:30 class? Can you share where you got that info, Sola? (Did everyone already know this except for me? I tried to keep up but I may have missed that detail)

maybe it's not him...maybe it's an accomplice...maybe he was framed, which is what i've sort of been tossing around. still think he's involved, though.

Someone said that she was found in the same clothes she was last seen in, but I have yet to read that anywhere. Can anyone confirm this?

There could be accomplices, or there could be more than one person involved. Just out of curiosity, I would like to know if there are times missing in any of the videos when the cameras could have been out of service. That might hide people moving a body from one part of the building to another. I don't know the layout, so I don't know if her body was found near where she disappeared.

HeyJoe...that was my theory as well. Text was code for "meet me" ...she went...and fight ensued. Went further than expected....bad temper, he beat and strangled her, and then came back later that night to move the body from one hiding place to another.

Smokinggun, is the beating part of your theory, or do you have this info on a reliable source? I'm only asking because I hadn't heard mention of beating thus far.

Wait, so she had a 10:30 class? Can you share where you got that info, Sola? (Did everyone already know this except for me? I tried to keep up but I may have missed that detail)

She was to report to work at that time, I don't think she had a 10:30 class. Her professor, AB, had a class at that time.

I am new to this forum, though have been reading it for past several days. First RIP Annie, she didnt deserve to be killed nor anyone like that.

From the start of this my first thought was an affair ended bad. Even when my wife first heard about it, she thought same thing.

I am sure Annie was nice person as many say, though have not bought into the innocent perfect little angel.

Just opinion, from the start and to this time still thinking motive was an affair gone bad

Personal opinion also, FBI in this instant, Yale Security and New Haven police have been a bunch of bumbling idiots constantly contradicting themselves the entire time.

And as of tonight they still have not arrested anyone nor have anyone in custody:waitasec:
Bizarre

I hope they arrest and convict Annie's killer soon

Someone said that she was found in the same clothes she was last seen in, but I have yet to read that anywhere. Can anyone confirm this?

I have heard and seen 2 different reports saying the same thing but could possibly have different meanings. I've heard on the news that she was found "with" the clothes she was last seen in...and...she was found "in" the clothes she was last seen in. Probably "in" would be the right choice of word, right? idk.

Smokinggun, is the beating part of your theory, or do you have this info on a reliable source? I'm only asking because I hadn't heard mention of beating thus far.
The COD was traumatic asphixiation but we don't know what other injuries she sustained... from media leaks we know there was blood on clothes found in the ceiling, a pair of bloody lab gloves, and blood on a laundry cart... All together that kind of hints (to me at least) that she sustained some injury like being beaten, etc....

(of course just a guess/thoughts)

That's what they are saying in New Haven. That she was beaten and strangled.

ETA: For the record, the only "theory" that I've posted tonight is how I think it went down (very similar to HeyJoe's analysis).

HeyJoe, thanks for a great post. With all your experience & knowledge, you are probably right about everything.

I am having trouble getting my mind around the idea that she actually might have had an affair with RC, though. She seems way too good for him, and better than him--why would she bother? And how could she have the time to mess around with him? OH well, I sure could be wrong.

I think a problem with her mice would interrupt her research and could potentially impact her Ph.D. Perhaps RC was threatening to sabotage her work?

I seriously doubt she was having an affair with RC - she was embroidering her wedding veil. Who values embroidering their veil if they are having an illicit affair? She was described as being a straight shooter. Not someone who feels compelled to hide her actions.

Hi, I've read these forums from time to time but felt compelled to post on this case due to all the wild and crazy speculation that I've been seeing.

I thought you might like to receive some insight from a police officer's point of view, who also has a direct family member who is a veteran homicide detective:

Welcome to the Websleuths! We are glad to have you here.

Do you think they knew each other in Rochester?

That's what they are saying in New Haven. That she was beaten and strangled.

ETA: For the record, the only "theory" that I've posted tonight is how I think it went down (very similar to HeyJoe's analysis).

Are you hearing that she was "cut"? I've read that there are reports that she was "cut up pretty badly". I believe that came from one of Puffster's sources...not sure though. It was in one of the general discussion threads.

I think a problem with her mice would interrupt her research and could potentially impact her Ph.D. Perhaps RC was threatening to sabotage her work?

I seriously doubt she was having an affair with RC - she was embroidering her wedding veil. Who values embroidering their veil if they are having an illicit affair? She was described as being a straight shooter. Not someone who feels compelled to hide her actions.

Exactly Liadan, who values embroidering their veil if they are having an illicit affair? She tried to stop it and it went bad

I've seen it a couple of places, IIRC, but the place I can find it at the moment is here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4155782&postcount=486"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #3 BODY FOUND[/ame]

I think I saw it on the Yale Daily News but can't find the article.

Are you hearing that she was "cut" I've read that there are reports that she was "cut up pretty badly". I believe that came from one of Puffster's sources...not sure though. It was in one of the general discussion threads.

I have not heard that she was cut (like with a knife or something). I'm sure there was broken skin in a beating. You don't get that much blood and splatters from a strangulation. Any cutting rumors are new to me.

Welcome to the Websleuths! We are glad to have you here.

Do you think they knew each other in Rochester?
bolded by me.

Maybe she knew him in Rochester and they were briefly involved romantically there (I mean very briefly)--and he never got over her "dumping" him for Jon? She didn't really "dump" him--but it felt like that to him...she was just less interested, to her it was a casual fling. She realized he was a nut after they got involved but too late, he was obsessed?
Just guessing. It still seems out of character for her.

That could make sense, dont know where she were in the research-phase, but they could be very meaningfull to her, and not only 'some mice'.

She was embroidering her wedding weil :( :( :( damn this case really gets to me in a sad way reading stuff like this. This poor girl :( :(

I read an article that said the girlfriend/fiancee was the one to first alert the authorities because Ray came home in different clothes than he went to work in. Does anyone have a link to the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussieKel