MS MS - Gulfport, WhtMale 20-30, UP65578, drowned, Timex watch w/alligator band, Sz6 shoes, Jun'79

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Warning PM

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number79-179-1203
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 30
Estimated Age Range (Years)20-30
Estimated Year of Death1979
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 10"(70 inches) , Estimated
Weight130-150 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundJune 16, 1979
NamUs Case CreatedFebruary 21, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found
LocationGULFPORT, Mississippi 39501
CountyHarrison County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of RecoverySUBJECT WAS LOCATED IN WATER AT BEACH. LOCATION SOUTH OF HIGHWAY 90 AND 36TH AVENUE INTERSECTION. CAUSE OF DEATH WAS DROWNING. NO EVIDENCE OF FOUL PLAY. PULLED OUT OF WATER BY POLICE.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face
Physical Description
Hair ColorRed/Auburn
Head Hair DescriptionLONG HAIR
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair DescriptionNONE
Left Eye ColorUnknown
Right Eye ColorUnknown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
SUBJECT WAS WEARING A ELDERADO SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT SIZE 20 NECK SIZE 14-14 1/2, PANTS WERE RED WHITE AND BLUE VERTICAL STRIPE DESIGN SIZE 33 X 29 WITH A BLACK LEATHER BELT. SHOES WERE SIZE 6 LIGHT BROWN RUBBER SOLES. WALLET HAD NO CONTENTS. TIMEX WATCH WITH A LEATHER ALLIGATOR TYPE BAND.

Thumbnail

UNIDENTIFIED

For Clay Allen Foreman, the timing is nearly spot-on, and, looking at the post-mortem images available on NamUs, I see a striking resemblance, especially in the nose and jawline; the resemblance is even more evident when comparing this profile image of Foreman to John Doe's post-mortem:

CForeman2.jpg

Though John Doe looks like he's been in the water for some time, and his face seems to have been affected by decomposition somewhat (given the inability to determine eye color), which may skew my interpretation slightly, I still think that all the details available on Foreman match the details of John Doe's case closely enough that Foreman is a very good potential match. I would definitely submit.

Here is more information on Clay Allen Foreman:
----------------------------------
Clay Allen Foreman
  • clay_allen_foreman_1.jpg
  • clay_allen_foreman_2.jpg
  • clay_allen_foreman_3.jpg
Foreman, circa 1979

• Missing Since 05/28/1979
  • Missing From Lake Tapawingo, Missouri
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/27/1960 (59)
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8 - 6'0, 160 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, brown eyes. Foreman has a birthmark on the center of his abdomen.
Details of Disappearance

Foreman was last seen in Lake Tapawingo, Missouri on May 28, 1979. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency
  • Missouri Highway Patrol 816-377-1801
Source Information

I submitted Clay to the NamUs contact-and now we wait!

Good job! It will now be a long "wait and see" because comparisons take a long time. Once identified, the case could become a homicide investigation.

Although the early investigators found no indication of foul play, the fact that this unknown man had a wallet on him that was completely empty would seem to indicate that he was robbed prior to his death.

Perhaps simply throwing him off a boat or dock would have constituted "foul play". Hopefully some answers will be forth coming.

The
Good job! It will now be a long "wait and see" because comparisons take a long time. Once identified, the case could become a homicide investigation.

Although the early investigators found no indication of foul play, the fact that this unknown man had a wallet on him that was completely empty would seem to indicate that he was robbed prior to his death.

Perhaps simply throwing him off a boat or dock would have constituted "foul play". Hopefully some answers will be forth coming.
The only thing inconsistent was that the UID didn't have a birthmark according to the old police press release on NAMUS. Obviously decomposition could have played a role. Still, the unidentified looks a lot like Clay and it could easily be him.

The

The only thing inconsistent was that the UID didn't have a birthmark according to the old police press release on NAMUS. Obviously decomposition could have played a role. Still, the unidentified looks a lot like Clay and it could easily be him.

What you say about the wording of the press release is true. However, take a look at the postmortem photos at the site, and in one you can clearly see an apparent discoloration in the abdomen area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01
Back