MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There IS a connection between EB and JC, but not directly. You just have to search on other sites to find it and put it together. However, there seems to be a connection between almost everyone in this town, either directly or indirectly.

I still have a difficult time wrapping this horrendous crime around my mind. My son suffered 1st - 3rd degree burns on his foot after stepping on a piece of wood on the beach that someone just covered in sand to extinguish (to those of you who enjoy beach fires, please use water and NOT sand to put your fire out). His pain was unbearable and still makes me cringe almost 10 years later; my heart bleeds for Jessica's family and friends but I also find comfort knowing she now knows no pain.

I haven't much to contribute but this one thought; I feel this "party" is, in fact, the actual event that's taken place. This turns my stomach, but I cannot shake the feeling when I read and re-read what CW has said, I believe this is how the perps refer to the events that transpired. *ponders* Maybe in the planning of the event. Perhaps she was the "reason" for the party. *smh* Makes me so sick and I hate to even think such a thing, let alone type it. All JMO.

*goes back to lurking*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There IS a connection between EB and JC, but not directly. You just have to search on other sites to find it and put it together. However, there seems to be a connection between almost everyone in this town, either directly or indirectly.
Truman Capote would have been on the first bus into this town to write about its tangled web of interconnections.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I still have a difficult time wrapping this horrendous crime around my mind. My son suffered 1st - 3rd degree burns on his foot after stepping on a piece of wood on the beach that someone just covered in sand to extinguish (to those of you who enjoy beach fires, please use water and NOT sand to put your fire out). His pain was unbearable and still makes me cringe almost 10 years later; my heart bleeds for Jessica's family and friends but I also find comfort knowing she now knows no pain.

I haven't much to contribute but this one thought; I feel this "party" is, in fact, the actual event that's taken place. This turns my stomach, but I cannot shake the feeling when I read and re-read what CW has said, I believe this is how the perps refer to the events that transpired. *ponders* Maybe in the planning of the event. Perhaps she was the "reason" for the party. *smh* Makes me so sick and I hate to even think such a thing, let alone type it. All JMO.

*goes back to lurking*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree, and it turns my stomach also but you typed what I couldn't.

Thanks for that SStarr33. You're right! Duh on my part! I would have thought that LE could have interviewed him without divulging a name that Jessica may have uttered since it seemed important that this information be kept private (as per fire chief).

I have wondered about this from the beginning .... fire chief Cole surely had enough sense not to disclose to none LE the names Jessica uttered before her death = that is VERY important that only LE should have known. So the info was leaked to the community and became common knowledge by Eric Bibbs in an interview ???? Is this correct .... if this is correct then why was the info of the names stated almost immediately in all media reports?

Yes, it's a small town where everybody knows everybody.

Truman Capote would have been on the first bus into this town to write about its tangled web of interconnections.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Or Eric Larsen, who wrote "Devil in the White City" (think that's the title ... about a serial killer during Chicago's 1st World Fair), scariest nonfiction book I've ever read.

I have wondered about this from the beginning .... fire chief Cole surely had enough sense not to disclose to none LE the names Jessica uttered before her death = that is VERY important that only LE should have known. So the info was leaked to the community and became common knowledge by Eric Bibbs in an interview ???? Is this correct .... if this is correct then why was the info of the names stated almost immediately in all media reports?
Yes, it all seems contradictory for sure. And EB was not the only name thought to be uttered by Jessica.

That looks like a dirt driveway that is blocked by the metal fence on google street view, and there is a specific address of the crime scene...not just Herron Road....*2352* Herron Road. So, that dirt driveway leads to somebody's mailing address I would think. I've searched 411.com for that address and got no results. Does anybody know other ways to find out who gets mail at that address? Or who owns property at that address?

Never mind. Found property owner for that address and it didn't lead me anywhere. I was just wondering why anyone would drive up that embankment, when there was a level dirt driveway right beside it and a metal fence instead of trees that might catch fire.

I can understand why the LE agencies have a difficult task at hand. The more I read the posts, MSM and even SM, the more I can see that there are so many possible interconnections. They'd need a flow chart to organize all these connections! I'm sure that they are taking lots of notes & or recordings while conducting interviews and sooner or later, IMO they will find discrepancies and lies in some of these interviews. I truly believe that it's easier for one or two killers to keep a secret. There may be some who are culpable to a degree but don't want to talk in fear of either legal ramifications or reprisals by the guilty party. There may be those who have a good idea but out of fear, they are also reluctant to talk. It's only MOO, but I want to believe that LE is zeroing in on probable suspects. Someone out there is going to inadvertently mess up and give an incriminating clue!

I think if they didn't find anyone home near the scene, they would have assumed he didn't hear anything, so why go looking for him at his grandmother's house and call his mom?

Think I came to this impression early on, that there was a gate across EB's driveway and LE couldn't get in. Being unable to contact him they checked with his relatives. Just MOO

Think I came to this impression early on, that there was a gate across EB's driveway and LE couldn't get in. Being unable to contact him they checked with his relatives. Just MOO

I wish now I had tried to Google map his address.

I think if they didn't find anyone home near the scene, they would have assumed he didn't hear anything, so why go looking for him at his grandmother's house and call his mom?

My thought on calling grandmother and mother is that LE knew that at one time he did live with them. If LE did go looking at EB's house and he wasn't home, doesn't that negate his statement that he was home from 6pm on because of a toothache?

I have listened to interviews with the Courtland fire chief, the 1st responder who came upon Jessica at the crime scene. He does state that she said something to him but he couldn't disclose what she said. Given that statement, how did the news leak out with regards to possible names that poor Jessica uttered? I have copied and pasted below, a few lines from a Reuter article. It's all very confusing.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/16/us-usa-mississippi-crime-idUSKBN0JU2HT20141216

Courtland Fire Chief Cole Haley said Chambers made a dying statement to him, but he would not disclose what she said.

Her sister told Reuters last week that Chambers had identified her killer before dying, but the sister has since declined further comment.

Because one of the guys they interviewed, Eric Bibbs, told the media

There was also "word on the street" early on because one of the first interviewed on tv told his sister who then posted on a social media site that Jessica said Eric or Derrick.
This is why I think people in the area know what happened. It's a small town. When someone sneezes at one end of town, someone is saying "God bless you" at the other end of town.

If LE never told EB what Jessica said, seems pretty significant! Guess he's the only source for this information? If that's true, certainly gives me hope that LE has a good lead.

If LE never told EB what Jessica said, seems pretty significant! Guess he's the only source for this information? If that's true, certainly gives me hope that LE has a good lead.
Totally agree Han. And the plot thickens! I'd say that the old adage is true in that 'oh what a tangled web we weave..........' & I'm hoping that monster(s) is caught in the web and soon!

If we're going back to the beginning, looking at EB again, I would think LE would have taken him in for questioning and held him if they actually suspected him. On Monday, Dec. 8, LE did haul Derrick Turner in for questioning, holding him until Wednesday, the 10th. Turner says he did know Jessica, but denies any involvement, claiming he was out of town the night she died: Man Questioned in Death of Jessica Chambers Released

In looking around, I have found nothing in MSM to follow up on Turner since this story ran on December 10. Has anybody else seen anything related to Derrick Turner since then, or was it decided he was the wrong "Derek or Eric"?

I can understand why the LE agencies have a difficult task at hand. The more I read the posts, MSM and even SM, the more I can see that there are so many possible interconnections. They'd need a flow chart to organize all these connections! I'm sure that they are taking lots of notes & or recordings while conducting interviews and sooner or later, IMO they will find discrepancies and lies in some of these interviews. I truly believe that it's easier for one or two killers to keep a secret. There may be some who are culpable to a degree but don't want to talk in fear of either legal ramifications or reprisals by the guilty party. There may be those who have a good idea but out of fear, they are also reluctant to talk. It's only MOO, but I want to believe that LE is zeroing in on probable suspects. Someone out there is going to inadvertently mess up and give an incriminating clue!
I've gained perceptions from connecting who is connected to which gangs. These networks are easily spotted but complex and widespread enough to need a "story board" and lots of interconnecting lines, lol. Making note of last names of previously murdered folks helped a lot, as did names of those incarcerated with long term sentences for high level crimes.

Even if gang rivalry itself is NOT a part of motive, the "loyalty fam" issue is and I believe that was true before, after, and during the crime.

On parking off to the side of the drive and gate on Herron: I believe that area to the side was commonly used and used often enough to keep that area cleared for parking. Anyone wanting to park for a talk, smoke, phone call, or romantic interlude, would NOT want to have to move their car if the owner of the property pulled up behind them wanting in.

Also, I believe it likely this parking area was used at times for foot access to the property or property nearby. It would be easy for 4 or more cars to park there, walk in, and have a bonfire/campfire party off the road far enough to be unseen. And 4 cars packed with young people could easily coalesce 20-24 partiers.

I have even wondered if this spot could have been used by teenagers to walk in to a nearby house for parties when parents were absent and make for an easy escape on foot when parents were returning. If a house set quite a bit off the main road with a long drive in, especially if gated and security alarmed, there would be adequate time for the house to empty out and parents none the wiser on return. From my younger years, I know parking to allow for a quick and unseen departure happened quite a lot.[emoji41]

On the supposed "party" and new introduction of a hotel as possible location: in my college years it was common for someone to rent a room and announce a "party" at that location. This circumvented underage drinker issues and parental disapproval issues. They were usually "flash" parties that only lasted a few hours, a "stop in" sort of thing. The ones I knew of happened to "mark" some kind of event: a pregame tailgate, a post game victory, a warmup before a music concert, etc. I could easily see JC's local culture also doing such "parties" to welcome someone just "freed" or on weekend furlough, or before being sent up. Without being specific, I have seen local social media posts of such goings on. [emoji102]

One last thing: before the hotel party thing came up, I assumed the Herron Rd. location to have been chosen for its close physical proximity to the initial start of the "crime" and for its rural location away from prying eyes. If it turns out that the crime actually began in Batesville, and if murder was the intent from the beginning, I will rethink the reasons for the Herron Rd. location.
I think the phone would have been removed from her possession and disposed of long before they got to Herron Rd.

One last thing: before the hotel party thing came up, I assumed the Herron Rd. location to have been chosen for its close physical proximity to the initial start of the "crime" and for its rural location away from prying eyes. If it turns out that the crime actually began in Batesville, and if murder was the intent from the beginning, I will rethink the reasons for the Herron Rd. location.
I think the phone would have been removed from her possession and disposed of long before they got to Herron Rd.

rs&bbm

I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean somebody had already taken the phone from Jessica at another location and removed the battery, but didn't toss it until they were finished at Herron Rd.?

I hope there were some prints on that phone and it was a mistake on the killer's part to toss it and not retrieve it on Herron Rd. I doubt that's the case, but we really haven't been told anything that LE has, so it's possible, I guess.

Something to keep in mind, in terms of JC whispering to the fireman---- way way back upthread, a first responder noted that critical burn victims are able to speak pretty well immediately after the fire. It takes a bit of time for the injuries to swell up and blister etc.

OneLove, your post got me to thinking that if the 1st crime scene was somewhere else,like in Batesville, why wouldn't the perp/s have ditched it (threw it out the window) somewhere between the two locations while they were taking JC and her car to that spot on Herron Road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804