MS - Jessica Chambers,19, Panola County, Dec 2014**Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION**

Chambers Investigator Talks About Case w/video
Posted: Jun 11, 2015 6:37 AM EDT
Updated: Jun 11, 2015 10:05 AM EDT
By Stephen Ross

We are breaking new information this morning in the murder of Jessica Chambers.

Chambers ugly murder now stretches back six months – she'd been burned alive. Now for the first time ever we're hearing from the lead investigator in the case.

He spoke exclusively with Fox 13 in a recent interview about progress in the case

"I would say from a confidence standpoint the team of investigators working on this case have a level of confidence that we have not had before now."

The big question does the Panola County Sheriff's Department have any suspects in Jessica Chambers murder.

[...]

More at 5pm (with JC's Father)

Not sure if this is actual News or just glorified gossip from Cosmo. Feel free to delete if you feel the urge to... :puke:

Internet Sleuths Are Trying to Figure Out Who Burned This 19-Year-Old Girl Alive

JUN 25, 2015 @ 3:24 PM

On Dec. 6, 2014, a 19-year-old girl from Courtland, Mississippi, was burned alive in a gruesome, unsolved murder. The case rocked her small town, and an investigation by Katie J.M. Baker at BuzzFeed found that thousands of strangers online are obsessed with finding out the culprit.

Jessica Chambers was last seen on a security camera at a gas station, but then she made a few more stops, traveling a mile away before her death. When she was found, she was more than 90 percent burned but still alive, and allegedly whispered, "Eric did this to me," before dying in the hospital later that day. (Nobody knows who Eric is or what she meant by that.)

[...]

New hope in Jessica Chambers murder case
Tom Dees, FOX13 Memphis covers "a sense of hope" as he interviews a "grinning" Mr. Chambers, who says

"They got some proof. They just want more proof."

Jessica Chambers' father: "We're near the end"
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger,
11:53 am cdt August 19, '15

[...]

"I talked to the lead detective last Thursday, and he told me -- he's never lied to me before -- he said, 'I'm promise you I'm going to get them, Ben,'" Chambers said.

[...]

"These people right here, I believe in my heart they've done this before and I believe they'll do it again if they're not off the street," he said. "I think they're thinking, 'We got by with it and nobody caught us, we'll do it again.'"

[...]

Jessica Chambers’ mother: Clear my name or arrest me
Posted: Oct 21, 2015 3:50 PM EDT
Updated: Oct 21, 2015 4:56 PM EDT

It’s been more than 10 months since 19-year-old Jessica Chambers was set on fire and left to die on a Panola County back road.

Lisa Chambers, Jessica’s mother, told FOX13 the time following her daughter’s death has been very difficult. She has been continued harassed by people who accuse her and other family members of having something to do with the murder.

[...]

Lead investigator in Jessica Chambers murder arrested for DUI
Posted: Nov 20, 2015 5:59 PM ESTUpdated: Nov 20, 2015 11:36 PM EST
By Rose Eiklor

PANOLA CO, MS (WMC) -It has been 10 months since Jessica Chambers was set on fire and left to die on a Panola County road.

Now, a new development could put finding her killer in jeopardy.

The lead investigator in the Chambers case, Deputy Barry Thompson, was arrested for DUI.

Residents in the area hope the arrest will not alter the outcome of her murder case.

“It's really embarrassing on behalf of Panola County because a sheriff’s deputy is supposed to be setting an example for the county, and that's like provoking others to feel that it's okay to do such,” one resident said.

Thompson was arrested by the Mississippi Highway Patrol. There are not many details about the arrest so far, but residents said they feel it does not matter.

[...]

Investigators uncover 'promising leads' 1 year after Jessica Chambers' murder with video
Posted: Dec 04, 2015 6:13 PM EST
Updated: Dec 04, 2015 7:47 PM EST
By Rose Eiklor

BATESVILLE, MS (WMC) -
Sunday marks one year since 19-year-old Jessica Chambers was burned alive.

Click here to see the first stories, latest headlines, and updates on the Jessica Chambers' murder investigation.

"It just tore me to pieces, at first when they called I thought she was just burnt a little," Jessica's father Ben Chambers said.

Chambers said hope keeps him going. Hope that his daughter's killer will be identified, found, and punished.

"That's my whole question 'Why?' What could a 19-year-old do to make you burn her alive? What kind of person would do that and why?," Chambers said.

Chambers was burned alive along a rural road in Courtland, Mississippi on December 6, 2014. Surveillance cameras at a nearby gas station recorded Chambers moments before her death.

After 365 days, investigators still don't know who killed Jessica Chambers.

[…]

One year later: Jessica Chambers case far from cold
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 7:02 p.m. CST December 5, 2015

Just a year ago, a tiny blonde ex-cheerleader named Jessica Chambers worked at Goody's in Batesville.

The sassy 19-year-old had a dog named Roscoe at the home she shared with her mom, and she was getting ready for Christmas — her favorite holiday. She was like so many other teenage girls...

[...]

Gang offensive underway in Panola County
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 11:13 a.m. CST December 15, 2015

Seventeen people have been charged in north Mississippi as a part of a major operation targeting suspected gang members, officials said.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Don Alway announced the offensive early Tuesday morning.

Officials say the operation focuses on Panola County and is a byproduct of the deep investigation that has come through the probe into the death of Jessica Chambers, a 19-year-old burned alive on Dec. 6, 2014, in Courtland. Just after 8 p.m., Chambers was doused with gasoline and set on fire in her car next to the gate of some private land on Herron Road. She got out of the car and was found on the road with burns over most of her body. She died hours later at a hospital in Memphis.

[…]

Gang offensive underway in Panola County
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 11:13 a.m. CST December 15, 2015

Seventeen people have been charged in north Mississippi as a part of a major operation targeting suspected gang members, officials said.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Don Alway announced the offensive early Tuesday morning.

Officials say the operation focuses on Panola County and is a byproduct of the deep investigation that has come through the probe into the death of Jessica Chambers, a 19-year-old burned alive on Dec. 6, 2014, in Courtland. Just after 8 p.m., Chambers was doused with gasoline and set on fire in her car next to the gate of some private land on Herron Road. She got out of the car and was found on the road with burns over most of her body. She died hours later at a hospital in Memphis.

[…]
Awesome news!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

attachment.php

People Exclusive

Who Killed Jessica Chambers? One Year After the Small-Town Teen's Fiery Death, Police Reveal New Details
BY SANDRA SOBIERAJ WESTFALL @sswestfall 12/21/2015 AT 08:00 AM EST

The residents of rural Courtland, Mississippi, were horrified when hometown teenager Jessica Chambers was murdered – set on fire in her car on the side of the road on Dec. 6, 2014.

After a passing motorist alerted 911, first responders fought to save the 19-year-old's life, but couldn't.

"They told us she was like the walking dead," says Jessica's mother, Lisa. Asks her father, Ben, "What could a [small] 19-year-old girl do to make you burn somebody alive? This is beyond murder. This is revengeful, hateful killing."

Authorities investigating the case have agreed with Jessica's family, calling the attack on Jessica "very, very personal."

[...]

Attachments

• jessica-people-cover-768.jpg
    jessica-people-cover-768.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 173
Family copes as mystery of Jessica Chambers' death lingers
By Ron Maxey of The Commercial Appeal

COURTLAND, Miss. — A collection of artificial flowers sits stacked in Jessica Chambers' bedroom, destined for a springtime memorial garden her mother hopes to cobble together with help from neighbors.

It's one of the ways Lisa Chambers keeps herself busy as she awaits some measure of justice for the gruesome 2014 slaying of her young daughter, 19 years old when she was doused with fuel and set on fire the evening of Dec. 6.

A little more than a year later, answers remain few as investigators try to unravel a tangle of clues and rumors about who could have committed such a horrific crime — and why. District Attorney John Champion along with local and federal investigators continue to work the case. A $54,000 reward sits on the table for information. But the only results to bubble to the surface so far were 17 arrests in December of suspected gang members charged with a variety of crimes but not implicated in Chambers' death.

[...]

Days away from her birthday, still no arrest in Jessica Chambers murder w/video
Updated: Jan 29, 2016 - 6:39 PM

Had she lived, Jessica Chambers, would be a few days short of her 21st birthday.

The then-teen was burned alive on a Panola County backroad in 2014. FOX13 has learned that justice may soon be on the way.

[...]

Video interview of Darby:
-they are even closer to capturing Jessica's killer
-they had reinterviewed people - push things forward
-new leads
-pieces starting to come together

Boyfriend indicted in Jessica Chambers case
February 23, 2016 8:03 PM
By THERESE APEL Clarion-Ledger

A Panola County native suspected in another homicide has been indicted in the December 2014 burning death of Courtland teen Jessica Chambers.

Quinton Tellis, 27, originally of Courtland, was indicted on capital murder charges by a special grand jury in Panola County as he sat in the Ouachita Parish Jail in Monroe, La., where he is being held in the August death of a University of Louisiana-Monroe exchange student.

Tellis is believed to have been the last person with Chambers the night she was killed. The two had a relationship in the weeks leading up to her death, officials said.

yEMiA0L.jpg

Quinton Tellis

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...t-made-jessica-chambers-murder-case/80825562/

Such a relief to know LE have arrested someone for the murder of Jessica. I kept the faith LE were doing a great job investigating and they were going to make an arrest eventually of Jessica's murderer. MOO.

Quinton Tellis, 27, has been indicted on a capital murder charge in the December 2014 burning death of Jessica Chambers in Mississippi, a prosecutor said Wednesday.

The charge is capital murder because her death occurred during the commission of another crime, third-degree arson, according to Panola County District Attorney John Champion. He added that he was "very, very confident" that there would be no additional charges or suspects.

"We do feel like, at this point, that he acted alone in this case," Champion said.

Champion said he is not sure whether he will pursue the death penalty. That decision will come "down the road," after Champion consults with the Chambers family, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/us/jessica-chambers-killing-arrest-mississippi/

Jessica Chambers suspect tied to Louisiana homicide

Quinton Tellis, 27, of Courtland, is charged with capital murder in the death of the Panola County teen. He was indicted by a grand jury this week as he sat in the Ouachita Parish Jail in Monroe, Louisiana, on charges related to the stabbing death of Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, of Taiwan.

Tellis was living in Monroe with his new wife when he was arrested in August 2015 by Monroe Police Department and charged with crimes connected to Hsaio's death. The University of Louisiana at Monroe graduate lived in an apartment complex, and she and Tellis knew each other, said Monroe Police Detective Chris Bates.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ers-suspect-tied-louisiana-homicide/80947626/

Courtland apprehensive after Jessica Chambers charges

Jessica's family says they are grateful and relieved that there has been an indictment, and that they trust that Tellis is the right suspect.

Lisa Daugherty, Jessica's mother, said she's glad there's an indictment, but she's still carrying the weight of it.

"Justice for Jessica is coming," she said. "One hurdle, and on to the next. It's coming."

Her father said he is "overwhelmed."

"I'm just waiting on Mr. Champion to do his thing. I've got all the faith in him and (Assistant District Attorney) Jay Hale in the world," Ben Chambers said. "They will take care of it, I know that."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...apprehensive-after-chambers-charges/80922300/

According to a probable cause affidavit in that case, Tellis used a bank debit card belonging to the missing woman on April 7, the day before the newspaper reports her body was found, and then again on August 18 and 19, withdrawing $500 both times.

Authorities procured "photo evidence" and interviewed Tellis on August 20, at which point, "he admitted to using the Chase Bank debit card on the three listed transactions and stated that he was the individual seen in the ATM photos," the affidavit said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/24/us/jessica-chambers-killing-arrest-mississippi/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back