Deceased/Not Found MS - Jimmie "Jay" Lee, 20, University of Mississippi student, drove away from apartment, Oxford, 8 Jul 2022

I do not understand motive here. Homophobia towards his own self, anger/envy at Jimmie Lee for being a free spirit and so open about his sexuality?? idk. IMO

I know… I think it’s envy deep down and shame. And an evil spirit.

I definitely think it's some internalized homophobia and self shame. Shouldn't have taken that out on JL :(

JUL 8, 2023
[...]

Jay Lee’s case sparked fear and concern among students and residents, igniting a movement known as Justice for Jay Lee. Over the past year, the movement has tirelessly worked to raise awareness, seek justice, and honor Jay Lee’s memory. However, as the anniversary nears, it serves as a somber reminder that answers and closure have not yet been found.

“At the request of Jay Lee’s family, no public vigils or gatherings are planned for commemorating the one-year anniversary of his disappearance,” shared a representative from Justice for Jay Lee. “Instead, we are focusing on honoring Jay on August 9, his birthday.”

The decision to respect the family’s wishes reflects a desire for a more private and personal observance, allowing loved ones to remember Jay Lee in their own way. It underscores the ongoing support and consideration within the community for those affected by his absence.

Despite the absence of public gatherings, the Justice for Jay Lee movement remains steadfast in their pursuit of justice and the search for Jay Lee’s body. The community’s commitment to keeping his memory alive is unwavering.

[...]

Affidavit offers first glimpse of investigation into murder of Jimmie ’Jay’ Lee

Questions remain after arrest in missing University of Mississippi student case

Jimmie Dale Lee III – The Charley Project

1690504199184.png1690504207195.png1690504214283.png1690504225574.png1690504233722.png

• Missing Since 07/08/2022
  • Missing From Oxford, Mississippi
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 08/09/2001 (21)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'7, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A silver robe, gray slippers and a gold sleeping cap.
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Black 2014 Ford Fusion with gold racing stripes on the hood and front bumper and a Mississippi vanity license plate reading "JAYLEE" (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American male. Black hair, brown eyes. Lee has a tattoo of a crown on his wrist and a tattoo of a flower on his abdomen; photos of the tattoos are posted with this case summary. His ears are pierced three times each. He had blonde highlights in his hair at the time of his disappearance. Although he identifies as a gay man and goes by "he/his" pronouns, some agencies refer to Lee as a transgender person and use "them/they" pronouns.

Details of Disappearance​

Lee was last seen leaving Campus Walk Apartments in the 400 block of Hathorn Road in Oxford, Mississippi at 5:58 a.m. on July 8, 2022. He was driving a black 2014 Ford Fusion with gold racing stripes on the hood and front bumper and a Mississippi vanity license plate reading "JAYLEE". A photo of a similar car is posted with this case summary.

He apparently went to visit someone at Molly Barr Trails, a different apartment complex an eight-minute drive away. A friend stated Lee was going to meet someone he had met before. Lee and the person had had a fight and Lee had blocked them on social media, but the person reached out to Lee under a different username and wanted to meet with him. According to their messages, Lee was afraid the person was "just tryna lure me over there to beat my *advertiser censored* or something" but he agreed to go to the meeting after the person offered to reciprocate oral sex.

His car was found on the afternoon of July 8, in the complex parking lot, and towed at 1:52 p.m. The police didn't find it in the tow lot for two days. Lee has never been heard from again.

The last time his family heard from him was at 2:00 a.m. that day, when he sent his mother a text wishing her a happy birthday. His family realized he was missing when he didn't show up for a baby formula donation drive he had organized as part of his internship with the the Mississippi Department of Child Protection Services.

Later that month, Sheldon Timothy Herrington Jr. was arrested and charged with Lee's murder. A photo of him is posted with this case summary. He is awaiting trial for the murder.

Investigators stated dogs had detected the scent of human remains at Herrington's apartment, and his personal vehicle, and blonde hairs believed to be Lee's were found in the car. Herrington was seen driving a box truck he owned as part of his moving business to his parents' home in Grenada, Mississippi and taking gardening tools, such as a wheelbarrow and shovel.

Lee is a graduate of Murrah High School. He was a student at the University of Mississippi at the time of his disappearance, majoring in social work with a minor in business. He was about to graduate and had already been accepted into the university's master's degree program. His body has not been located, but foul play is suspected in his case due to the circumstances involved.

Investigating Agency​

• Oxford Police Department 662-232-2400

Source Information​

Wondering if the suspect will be offered a plea deal to give up the remains ?
Conflicted about that, as it could mean this STH Jr. (if guilty) could be free to roam and kill again ?

Rest in peace, Jimmie Lee !
My sympathies to his loved ones. :(

WS has a MP thread for Jimmy Lee.

Deceased/Not Found - MS - Jimmie "Jay" Lee, 20, University of Mississippi student, drove away from apartment, Oxford, 8 Jul 2022

I don't think there's any ambiguity about the accused being charged with murdering Jimmy Dale. Prosecutors feel Herrington strangled JDL. Herrington googled how long it'd take. JDL arrived wearing a silver robe, a gold bonnet, and gray slippers. Herrington drove Lee's car to dispose of it and hitched a ride back to H's apts.

https://www.djournal.com/news/crime-law-enforcement/prosecutors-say-herrington-strangled-missing-ole-miss-student-jimmie-jay-lee/article_1175c2cd-4c02-5a01-b9a1-2ca9a3a7b883.html

Officials said the two men had a casual sexual relationship, but things went awry. Investigators claim Herrington strangled Lee and then disposed of the body.

Oxford police detective Ryan Baker said the men “hooked up” in the early morning hours of July 8, but an argument ensued following the sexual encounter. That led Lee to leave and to block Herrington on social media.

During a Snapchat exchange where Herrington used a new account that Lee did not recognize, the men appeared to reconcile. At 5:54 a.m. Lee said that he was headed to Herrington’s apartment.

Two minutes later, Herrington allegedly Googled, “How long does it take to strangle someone?”

https://www.djournal.com/news/crime-law-enforcement/prosecutors-say-herrington-strangled-missing-ole-miss-student-jimmie-jay-lee/article_1175c2cd-4c02-5a01-b9a1-2ca9a3a7b883.html

Baker said video surveillance also captured a Black male in a light gray sweatshirt, dark shorts, dark socks and white and black shoes running past the entrance of Molly Barr Trails toward Rocket’s gas station at 7:38 a.m. The male stopped at Rocket’s, where he entered into the passenger side of a white Kia Optima that was circling the station.

NOV 6, 2023

A trial date has been set for the man accused of murdering former Ole Miss student, Jimmie ‘Jay’ Lee, who went missing in July 2022.

Timothy Herrington’s trial date is set for October 15, 2024, according to District Attorney Ben Creekmore.

A hunter found human remains in a wooded area of CR-211 Saturday night, according to the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office. Click the link for the latest information #breakingnews #calhouncounty

No one is missing from this town or even the county that I can find. This is approximately 40 miles south of where Jimmy Lee vanished from. Could this be him?

Last edited:
A hunter found human remains in a wooded area of CR-211 Saturday night, according to the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office. Click the link for the latest information #breakingnews #calhouncounty

No one is missing from this town or even the county that I can find. This is approximately 40 miles south of where Jimmy Lee vanished from. Could this be him?
Oh my god, oh my god!

This is soooo hopeful!!!!!
It fits with TH travelling south to Grenada, and Calhoun County could have been an easy detour …

IMO

Sadly it appears that the body found is not that of Jimmy “Jay” Lee

From the new article:

Pollan told WCBI that the person found dead had been living in a makeshift tent.
He believed the remains were that of a Hispanic migrant worker. There was an ID but DNA testing would have to be done to confirm the person’s identity.

It is my belief and only my opinion that Jimmy will not be found due to the connections Herrington has and what he had access to. I believe that is as much as can be said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back