Identified! MS - Lincoln Co, Wht/MixedFem 16-35, UP4769, poss from New Orleans, freckles, scars, mole, Sep'89 - MELINDA LOU BARNHOUSE

Found another one but it seems unlikely considering that the timing is off and it's suspected she was murdered by a serial killer in the area (Washington), but man do I get chills looking at this. This is Jamie Grissim. Photos

Attachments

• 20211128_224547.jpg
    20211128_224547.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 25
I'm afraid this woman/girl is another poor soul who was never reported missing (yet)....but that doesn't mean we have to stop looking. There are new missing persons entered into "the system" all the time, even people who went missing a long time ago. Hopes up for you sweetie.

@MadMcGoo first off I am so impressed by your attention to this beauty & dedication you've given to her case. You should be proud of yourself.

I hate there are so many discrepancies with this poor girls case. I feel like nothing is off the table when trying to identify her. Height, weight, scars & marks, ect. could possibly be overlooked or incorrectly logged. So I've searched without putting too much thought into any characteristics provided & looking at visual characteristics I see (or think I see)
My observations:
Appears to be quite young possibly early 20's
Appears to be a scar or defect (like a cowlick) at the front center of her hairline(not noted in autopsy) could that be the 1cm scar on forehead??
Cute upturned nose
Eyebrow shape

My search took me to

Donna Barnhill
Missing since March 18 1981
Age 13
Lexington, NC

Her first photo appears to be much younger than 13 but the eyebrow shape is similar & the cute nose is similar, freckles but her bangs cover the center of her hairline . The black & photo appears to show an older girl probably most recent to her disappearance. She appears to have a defect again at the center of her hairline. But it is not noted in her file. She is on the other hand listed as 5'7 and having a birthmark on her arm(unknown size or location)

I didnt dig into the circumstances in her disappearance but if she ran away its possible she got trafficked or into the sex trade to support herself.
Either way cute girls I hope get to come home.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220227-104629.png
    Screenshot_20220227-104629.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20220227-104616.png
    Screenshot_20220227-104616.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Perhaps the medical examiner saw physical manifestations of another group of genetic traits and mislabeled them as Down Syndrome.
Very pale light blue eyes, short stature, short fingers are often characteristic of Waardenburg syndrome. As I understand it, some individuals with WS may have developmental disabilities, but not all. Not all affected individuals show all the traits.
Waardenburg syndrome Information | Mount Sinai - New York

It's funny how many different theories have been thrown out for this woman having a possible genetic condition. I think it's possible she has Turner syndrome, maybe a milder case where the second X chromosome is only partially missing. I say this because of her fingers, and because many women with TS look much younger than their actual age, much like it was suggested for this woman. I can also see Waardenburg syndrome- Widely set, very pale/bright blue eyes are commonly seen.
But it's also likely she doesn't have any sort of condition. If she's mixed with Asian or Native American, that would explain her teeth, and 5'2 really isn't that short for a woman- There's plenty of perfectly healthy women that height or shorter. And some people just have naturally short fingers, especially shorter people.

The light blue eyes are a recon by LE from the pm pics, it says somewhere she had hazel eyes..

As i said she looks like an acquaintance. Healthy woman, American of Scandinavian, Dutch and Italian heritage. And 5 2 is not dramatically short, just shorter end of average.

@MadMcGoo first off I am so impressed by your attention to this beauty & dedication you've given to her case. You should be proud of yourself.

I hate there are so many discrepancies with this poor girls case. I feel like nothing is off the table when trying to identify her. Height, weight, scars & marks, ect. could possibly be overlooked or incorrectly logged. So I've searched without putting too much thought into any characteristics provided & looking at visual characteristics I see (or think I see)
My observations:
Appears to be quite young possibly early 20's
Appears to be a scar or defect (like a cowlick) at the front center of her hairline(not noted in autopsy) could that be the 1cm scar on forehead??
Cute upturned nose
Eyebrow shape

My search took me to

Donna Barnhill
Missing since March 18 1981
Age 13
Lexington, NC

Her first photo appears to be much younger than 13 but the eyebrow shape is similar & the cute nose is similar, freckles but her bangs cover the center of her hairline . The black & photo appears to show an older girl probably most recent to her disappearance. She appears to have a defect again at the center of her hairline. But it is not noted in her file. She is on the other hand listed as 5'7 and having a birthmark on her arm(unknown size or location)

I didnt dig into the circumstances in her disappearance but if she ran away its possible she got trafficked or into the sex trade to support herself.
Either way cute girls I hope get to come home.
Thanks! I’ve grown quite fond of her.

I do see a slight resemblance. However, I think she is probably not a match due to the height difference and circumstances behind her being missing. Unfortunately I don’t think Donna made it very far from home and not long after her date of disappearance.

@MadMcGoo agreed. I think most do not make it very far from where they go missing. I'm new here & from briefly browsing your dedication to a lot of these cases is quite impressive.

@MadMcGoo agreed. I think most do not make it very far from where they go missing. I'm new here & from briefly browsing your dedication to a lot of these cases is quite impressive.
I appreciate it! And Welcome! Good to have you here. Let me know if I can ever be of assistance. :)

Donna Barnhill age 13 disappeared March 3 1981 walking to a friends house on Hempstead street in lexington nc

Debra asbury asbury 26 vanished in 1994 while walking down west side drive to 5th avenue to meet her Boyfriend At a store.

These two were 1.6 miles apart and happened 13 years apart. Between 1981 and 1994 there were 3 disappearances Not counting debra and Donna.
There are 34 cases total in the lexington charlotte area between 1975and 2020. Is it possible that the same perpetrator could have committed some of these .

One last thing ,Donna’s sister died in 1966 age 2 from a fall from the high chair while in the care of a care giver. At first it was ruled as an accident but in 1999 the case was reopened and the manner of death was ruled from child abused .
No one a has ever been charged.

I was watching a Norwegian series yesterday; '22 July'. The actress Alexandra Gjerpen, born in America with Norwegian parents is playing a major role. When I saw her I thought she has a striking resemblance with Lincoln County Jane Doe (chin is different, but the eyes, nose and mouth, the general look) Like @Susikatze said upthread. She has an acquaintance looking like Jane Doe. American with Scandinavian, Dutch and Italian heritage.
Coincidence?

1661099311023.png1661099354967.png1661099412073.png

I take any "medical syndromes" in this case with a grain of salt. She was found near a facility for mentally handicapped and at first they thought she may have been from the facility.
Investigators dropped "possible Down Syndrome" as soon as they realized that she was not from the facility. For some reason this description still persists.

Additionally, we all know how inaccurate composites can be. Her nose could be swollen. The down-turned facial features could simply be a post-mortem presentation.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current NamUs exclusion list for this Jane doe?

2 Missing Person Exclusions

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP974Patricia Schmidt
Date of Last ContactJune 04, 1985
StateVA
CountyHenrico

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2413Tiffany Sessions
Date of Last ContactFebruary 09, 1989
StateFL
CountyAlachua

I wonder why 3000DFMN - Virginia Mary Tobkin isn't on this list.
I hope that Virginia has been compared to UP4769. This is the closest resemblance I have seen for this UID. I still am not certain the comparison is automatic. Was anyone able to confirm that with NamUs? If not, I will shoot them an email to see if we can get an answer on that.

I hope that Virginia has been compared to UP4769. This is the closest resemblance I have seen for this UID. I still am not certain the comparison is automatic. Was anyone able to confirm that with NamUs? If not, I will shoot them an email to see if we can get an answer on that.
I remember sending this in to the appropriate authorities a long time ago. Have to look it up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back