MS MS - Olive Branch, WhtFem 20-40, UP8675, smoker, nail biter, tatts, surgical scar, Jan'85 - Lorie Ann Mealer Pennell

After having reviewed the original photo of the Olive Branch Jane Doe, I have come to the conclusion that the original photograph was "reversed" in its initial development. This of course, was not uncommon in that day and time. And in addition, even pics taken with cell phones today, are also reversed, which is why they have a arrow in which you can flip the photo. Regardless, this is not the first time I have encountered this. But, I suppose in the haste to get a photo taken and circulated as quick as possible in hopes to identify her, it was, none the less in my opinion, reversed in development. With this error corrected, it sheds some additional insight into who her murderer was, for example, he was right handed, not left handed, as the bruising now suggest. In addition, the teeth line up perfectly in line with what is reflected in that of Kay Docherty and the Olive Branch Jane Doe. It is also noteworthy that is the wake of such developments the NSW Australia has not only opened up a new Cold Case task force, but has opened up many old cases. NSW to reopen more than 500 murder cold cases Could this case, as well as that of others in the US have something to do with this? I will remain adamant, that the Olive Branch Jane Doe is indeed Kay Docherty. And the Harrison County Jane Doe, is indeed Toni Cavanagh, thus accounting for two missing friends out of Australia.

Attachments

• Olive Branch Jane Doe 1985.png
    Olive Branch Jane Doe 1985.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Kay Docherty 1.jpg
    Kay Docherty 1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 100
If you zoom in on their teeth (Kay Docherty and OBJD), you can see they are very much different.

Especially the #7 teeth. Kay's #7 is either extremely crowded back (or is a baby tooth). OBJD's #7 is close to normal alignment.

And on the #11 teeth, OBJD's #11 is large and pointy and leans outward, Kay's #11 leans inward, and is somewhat small.

View attachment 98740
"The problem is not with the teeth, but the orientation of the photograph, hence the Original post mortem facial shot, was more than likely reversed in Development." This was a common problem back then. They were probably in a hurry to get her face out to other Departments and the Media." I have worked on other pictures that were likewise mis-orientated. This is Kay Docherty.

Here is the most up to date rule outs in NamUs on this Jane Doe:

Diana Munyon
Nadine Timm
Jane Clement
Audrey Backenberg
Mabel Chambers
Ida Anderson
Mary Little
Mildred Zentner
Peggy Byars-Baisden
Mary McLaughlin
Darcy Brown
Doris Scandalis
Betty Roberts
Evelyn Hartley
Floradean Walker
Beverly Sharpman

Back in 1979, Memphis, Tennessee and the Mississippi Gulf Coast had strong ties to the "Dixie Mafia" as they were called. Specializing in murder, and extortion, these guys were just bad to the bone. It would not surprise me if they had something to do with this. I can't say for sure, but it is interesting that the two bodies recovered were recovered one close to Memphis, and the other on the Gulf Coast. Well within their domain. But that was 43 years ago, and while I am told there is a remant of the DM still on the coast, truth is the people who may have had knowledge of this, may be long dead themselves. One thing this does point to is....there had to be contacts in Australia working with the Dixie Mafia to secure these women. But the problem may well have been nation-wide, as I also believe California was a port of entrance also.

No new exclusions

Ida Anderson
Audrey Backenberg
Darcy Brown
Peggy Byars-Baisden
Mabel Chambers
Jane Clement
Evelyn Hartley
Christine Huyer
Mary Little
Mary McLaughlin
Diana Munyon
Betty Roberts
Doris Scandalis
Beverly Sharpman
Nadine Timm
Floradean Walker
Mildred Zentner

DEAD WOMAN STILL REMAINS UNKNOWN found jan. 1985
Law Enforcement aurhorities are appealing to the general public for help in identifying a woman whose body was found on U.S. 78,southeast of Olive Branch, last Thursday.

An autopsy has disclosed the woman was strangled with a narrow object such as a cord or rope,according to Jack McCauley,Desoto County Sheriff's investigator.

It is not yet clear however,that strangulation was the cause of death,McCauley added.

The woman could have died of exposure, it was noted since temperatures the night of Jan, 23, were extremely cold. The body was spotted about 7:30am, Jan,24 just east of the Coldwater river bridge,by a southbound truck driver, who subsequently notified authorities.

The body was clothed only in a light peach-colored blouse and blue jeans it was reported with no coat, no shoes and no undergarments.
She was between 25 and 40 years of age (probably about 30) authorities said. She was about 5'4"tall and weighed about 130 lbs. on a small frame. Her red to blonde hair sometimes called dishwater blonde McCauley said was worn medium length. One uniquely descriptive item was that she had tattoos one the inside of each ankle.

She looks very very similar to Brenda Crowley

BCrowley4.jpg
369UFMS2.jpg

Look at her teeth.

BCrowley3.jpg

BCrowley2.jpg
Original

The nose is a bit off, but as you age your facial structures do slightly change. Is six years enough for a nose to become slimmer? I don't know. But damn do these two look very very similar. Especially when you compare it to the morgue photograph.

JD was found with a tattoo with THC. Her mothers name is Theresa Crowley as per Brenda's Doenetwork page. TC. She could be a stoner which is where the THC may have came from. But I'm still gonna try to find her mother's middle name to see if it begins with H.

Last edited:
I can't check the ruleouts at the moment, but if she isn't already ruled out, I would submit Brenda as a possible match. I believe they both have DNA, so they should be able to be compared.

I can't check the ruleouts at the moment, but if she isn't already ruled out, I would submit Brenda as a possible match. I believe they both have DNA, so they should be able to be compared.

Brenda Crowley is not on the exclusions list, but Doenetwork says both she and the decedent have DNA available, so she's probably ruled out by default.

But the way everything lines up, it might be worth making sure.

I always just assumed the THC was because she was a pothead, and I do think her being Brenda is unlikely, but the THC initials are really shocking. Worth turning in I think?

I always just assumed the THC was because she was a pothead, and I do think her being Brenda is unlikely, but the THC initials are really shocking. Worth turning in I think?

I really think she's a strong possibility, especially after this comparison was posted in Brenda's thread.

Screenshot_20220826_203254.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back