MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/6/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly, Mr. Abeyta and his daughter feel that Mr. Brando, the drinking-buddy neighbor's husband, should be a prime suspect, even if he claims he passed a LDT.

Well, they may be right. We know LE investigated him thoroughly, by his own admission. Mr. Brando confirmed that he was indeed having marital problems and that he and his wife, Samantha Brando, had attended marriage counselling that day and the night of Oct 3rd was the first night of their separation, he slept elsewhere. There was an unsubstantiated MSM report that there was acrimony between him and the "neigbors" (Dr. Drew). I agree with LE and Mr. Abeyta that Mr. Brando should have been considered. As should his wife imo, but we don't know if she has submitted to LE questioning like her husband did.

I'm not surprised that LE was investigating the neighbor and we never heard about it until this week; they are looking at all angles in my opinion. We also learned that LE had questioned Jersey and Megan (at least 4 times) and that Megan's home had been raided by FBI, though we didn't learn of it until weeks later. We know from LE that they questioned sex offenders in the area early on. LE is definitely looking hard at these parents (with good reason, imo), but until they have enough evidence to charge anyone, it's apparent to me that they are looking at other options as well. I'm not sure why some assume that LE is not being diligent; I see the opposite. And, I know that we aren't going to hear about everything that LE is doing, nor should we. The only time, imo, LE is all over the press with serious details of an ongoing investigation is when they are looking for a specific perp and need the public's help, or they are being defensive in addressing perceptions that they aren't doing anything just because media and the public isn't privy to it. Imo, KCPD is being diligent and professional, they are worried about finding Lisa (dead or alive) and who caused her disappearance, not about us.

Is Mr. Brando the guy? Dunno. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I agree with jjenny that a sophisticated professional would not be walking around with a near naked abducted baby at 4 a.m., especially a sophisticated professional who is a driver with a car. Makes no sense to me whatsoever, but who knows?

When weighing the value of Mr. Abeyta and his daughter's opinions, I consider that they suspect the woman with whom Mr. Abeyta was having an affair of abducting Christopher. So, they may be more inclined to suspect someone who was having marital discord due to their personal experience, whether or not it's applicable in Lisa's case. Their prime suspect may be the guy, but he may not. I'm not feeling it, but I'm glad LE has been all over the man.

ALL JMO....

is there a link to yesterday's clothes found in the woods report yet? i know our wonderful verified local posted about it, but is there a link?

I am behind in this thread, but this has been a question of mine all day.
Thanks, Askfornina!

I would like to know that and I would also like to know the career of DB's brother--that could tell us who the suspect is.

But I do not think we can sleuth them until they have actually been named in MSM.

He has been named but we can't sleuth him for some reason. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7316356&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - neighbor says he passed a LDT (husband of SB)[/ame]

Clearly, Mr. Abeyta and his daughter feel that Mr. Brando, the drinking-buddy neighbor's husband, should be a prime suspect, even if he claims he passed a LDT.

Well, they may be right. We know LE investigated him thoroughly, by his own admission. Mr. Brando confirmed that he was indeed having marital problems and that he and his wife, Samantha Brando, had attended marriage counselling that day and the night of Oct 3rd was the first night of their separation, he slept elsewhere. There was an unsubstantiated MSM report that there was acrimony between him and the "neigbors" (Dr. Drew). I agree with LE and Mr. Abeyta that Mr. Brando should have been considered. As should his wife imo, but we don't know if she has submitted to LE questioning like her husband did.

I'm not surprised that LE was investigating the neighbor and we never heard about it until this week; they are looking at all angles in my opinion. We also learned that LE had questioned Jersey and Megan (at least 4 times) and that Megan's home had been raided by FBI, though we didn't learn of it until weeks later. We know from LE that they questioned sex offenders in the area early on. LE is definitely looking hard at these parents (with good reason, imo), but until they have enough evidence to charge anyone, it's apparent to me that they are looking at other options as well. I'm not sure why some assume that LE is not being diligent; I see the opposite. And, I know that we aren't going to hear about everything that LE is doing, nor should we. The only time, imo, LE is all over the press with serious details of an ongoing investigation is when they are looking for a specific perp and need the public's help, or they are being defensive in addressing perceptions that they aren't doing anything just because media and the public isn't privy to it. Imo, KCPD is being diligent and professional, they are worried about finding Lisa (dead or alive) and who caused her disappearance, not about us.

Is Mr. Brando the guy? Dunno. I don't think so, but I could be wrong. I agree with jjenny that a sophisticated professional would not be walking around with a near naked abducted baby at 4 a.m., especially a sophisticated professional who is a driver with a car. Makes no sense to me whatsoever, but who knows?

When weighing the value of Mr. Abeyta and his daughter's opinions, I consider that they suspect the woman with whom Mr. Abeyta was having an affair of abducting Christopher. So, they may be more be more inclined to suspect someone who was having marital discord due to their personal experience, whether or not it's applicable in Lisa's case. Their prime suspect may be the guy, but he may not. I'm not feeling it, but I'm glad LE has been all over the man.

ALL JMO....

Great post! If it was an abduction this guy would be my number one suspect.

If it was an abduction I agree with Bill Stanton that being passed out might have saved Deb's life. If this guy turned on the lights he was prepared to take out anyone who came around.

In matters of broken love people have done a lot worse stuff.

It was on the 10pm news cast of fox4kc but I am still not finding a link to it. I do not know what to think about them reporting about it in their newscast and then not having it online:waitasec:.

My sentiments exactly!

And even more convinced now my theory may be correct, in whole or in part. But I don't think anyone came in the window, I think Baby Lisa was handed out through the window, and not by DB or JI. I can't wait to see what Dr. Fessel finds out.

If any baby outfits were actually found, i find it fishy as well. First of all we have to start with the premise that some guy all dressed in white kidnapped the baby and then decided to walk with her in the area (presumably for hours). Second of all, for reasons unknown, after walking with that baby for hours, that guy decided to dispose of the outfit near the area where he was supposedly seen. None of it makes much sense.

I am still having a hard time with the idea that a kidnapper would be wandering the streets, instead of lurking through shadows, especially while wearing all white (bright color). Both of these behaviors do not coincide with what IMO a kidnapper would do...unless he/she wanted to be seen (why?), or was not in a state of mental clarity!

When weighing the value of Mr. Abeyta and his daughter's opinions, I consider that they suspect the woman with whom Mr. Abeyta was having an affair of abducting Christopher. So, they may be more inclined to suspect someone who was having marital discord due to their personal experience, whether or not it's applicable in Lisa's case. Their prime suspect may be the guy, but he may not. I'm not feeling it, but I'm glad LE has been all over the man.

ALL JMO....
A brilliant post yllek.

Although I feel for Mr. Abeyta's own circumstances, I think he is being horribly irresponsible in this article. Nor do I trust his judgment. I read where he stated he knew the parents were innocent & then he stated on Nancy Grace that he met with them for less than 20 minutes -had to stand the entire time because so many people were present-and really didn't get a chance to speak with them--although he gave them some advice--they said nothing. Clearly, he based his impression of their innocence on his own experience. Now he's projecting his own circumstances again. On what does he base his opinion of revenge? Does he know something no one else does? I doubt it.

BTW, per the Kansas City Star article, the neighbor's husband was cleared, in part, based on his text messages that night--LE knows exactly where he was & when & I can assure you he was not wandering around at 4 am with a naked baby.

I frankly find it very hard to believe anyone who kidnapped a baby is going to be walking for hours with this baby, while all dressed in white. Such a person would stand out like a sore thumb. As of now only motorcycle guy claimed to have seen him (considering the neighbor lady is describing a completely different man with a baby).

BTW, per the Kansas City Star article, the neighbor's husband was cleared, in part, based on his text messages that night--LE knows exactly where he was & when & I can assure you he was not wandering around at 4 am with a naked baby.

they would know where his phone was maybe, but can they prove he was the one texting on it? Just a thought.

Sorry, I should have said named as a suspect or person of interest by LE. Although that has always been a slippery slope (to me) here on Websleuths. This Examiner article might be the tipping point.

SB's husband has not been named as a suspect or person of interest. Nobody has been named by LE.

I really enjoyed both of those articles with Mr. Abeyta. From the second article, I think this is one of the most important parts to keep in mind:

Abeyta's daughter, Denise Alves, who is part of his team that assists in finding missing children, said Friday, "We want police to go the extra mile with this potential suspect. We don't want, however, the suspect to be accused of something he might not have done."

"The goal here," she said, "is to be sure police are not missing anything and that they won't stop looking into the possibility a potential suspect might be guilty because he may have passed a lie detector test."

i think ALL possibilities should be looked at, and i trust that LE is doing just that. i have no reason to believe otherwise at this juncture. it's actually quite shocking to me that some posters here are willing to discount this potential lead. i think that would be irresponsible. we don't have enough information to convict anyone right now IMHO, so here i am, on the fence, examining all possibilities.

Keep wondering why someone would be wearing all white. Uniform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728