MT MT - Eva Masin Prather, 43, Endangered, anxiety & paranoia, left home 1:30am on foot w/o belongings, Missoula, 30 Dec 2023

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
missing woman eva masin

MISSOULA, Mont - Police are asking for the public's help to find a missing woman who suffers from mental illness.

Missoula PD says 43-year-old Eva Masin Prather has been missing since 1:30 a.m. on December 30th when she left her residence on foot. The family noticed she left her personal belongings behind. Police say she has not seen or heard from since she left the home, and has no known destination of travel.

MPD went to on say that Eva suffers from anxiety and extreme paranoia, and when she's not around family she is said to believe people are out to get her.

UPDATE: 8:35 a.m. - January 2, 2024

The Missing Endangered Person Advisory for Eva Masin Prather has expired.

Eva still has not been found.

Prather left her home in Missoula between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. and was not appropriately dressed for cold conditions, authorities said. She left behind all personal items and forms of identification.

According to the press release, Prather was experiencing a mental crisis and she could be on the move, possibly west from Missoula toward Idaho and Washington.

1704404510906.png

MISSOULA, Mont. - Missoula Police Department (MPD) has announced Saturday morning that all relevant parties, including the community at large, are participating in unified search efforts for a recently missing Missoula woman, Ms. Eva Masin Prather.

MPD is urgently asking the public for assistance in aiding the search efforts in various ways. Here's how you might be able to help:
  • Review External Surveillance Footage: If you have footage from external surveillance cameras - Review any footage you might have from between 6:00 pm on Friday, Dec 29, to 10:00 am on Saturday, Dec 30.​

• ANY potential sightings or activity during this time frame could provide crucial information to the investigation. See the map below for the area in Missoula that is being contacted.​

• Property Check:Residents are urged to check properties in areas where someone might seek shelter. This can include areas of storage, stored gear, equipment, or other materials providing cover from winter weather.
    • If anything suspicious is discovered, please contact 911 or the MPD non-emergency number at (406)552-6300. When calling, reference MPD case number 2023-56230.​

1704630174330.png

NBC Montana spoke to a family member who tells us she is a valued member of the community, and thousands of people are helping to get the word out.

"There's a Facebook group and I think there's something in the neighborhood of 2,500 people on there within the first two days. she's, like I said, just an amazing person and put out a lot of love into the world and it's really showing right now. It's unfortunate it takes events like this for people to rally around each other. The amount of support we're getting from folks it.. it gives you hope." Brian Prather, Eva’s brother-in-law.

A new Facebook page in support of the search can be found here.

Last edited:
.https://www.nonstoplocal.com/missoula-kalispell/news/missoula/police-still-searching-for-missing-missoula-woman-best-friend-speaks-out/article_e7f77054-54be-5a74-a8be-7c9132058c67.html

January 9, 2024

The community effort to find Masin Prather remains strong, according to Eva's husband Dave Prather.

The volunteer organization, the Lifeguard Group and the K9 Task Force have assisted insearches, two organizations that Dave encourages the public to donate to.

“It’s been a tough week. But we’re trying to keep things as normal as we can for the kids," Dave told MTN News.

Dave says if anyone finds her, it’s best to keep a distance, monitor her and call 911. While she is not considered a danger to anyone, she may become frightened by strangers coming up to her.

Last edited:

So that’s just it? No more? How sad
A few elements of this case which impress me,
- family has openly and without judgment acknowledged a mental health crisis and continues to do so
- searches continue, resolute
- there is a caring underscoring this case among commenters here and elsewhere - a strong sense that this woman will be found/recovered and that effort will not wane until that day

This case reminds me a little of Lara Emanuele in NJ, though investigators have less video and clear evidence to go on. Female, age bracket, recent difficulties, loyal friends etc.

I hope for the best!

A few elements of this case which impress me,
- family has openly and without judgment acknowledged a mental health crisis and continues to do so
- searches continue, resolute
- there is a caring underscoring this case among commenters here and elsewhere - a strong sense that this woman will be found/recovered and that effort will not wane until that day

This case reminds me a little of Lara Emanuele in NJ, though investigators have less video and clear evidence to go on. Female, age bracket, recent difficulties, loyal friends etc.

I hope for the best!
great post, cara.

Missoula is a college town. So do they suspect she is no longer in town? Hopeful Ms. Prather comes home soon.
older article...

The public is asked to check their surveillance cameras during the period of 6 p.m. on Dec. 29 through 10 a.m. on Dec. 30.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Prather, you are asked to call 911 or the Missoula Police Department at 406-552-6300.

Search efforts expand for missing Missoula woman

Updated Wed, January 24th 2024 at 5:29 PM

May 1, 2024

MISSOULA — It’s been four months since Eva Masin Prather went missing in the early morning hours of December 30, 2023.

MTN reached out to the Missoula Police Department to see if there was new information or updates in the case.

MPD confirmed with us on Wednesday that there have been no developments at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls
Back