MT MT - Nancy Kirkpatrick, 16, Columbia Falls, 21 April 1976

I have not found any updates as to whether Nancy was identified as Jane Doe B-17. Has anyone seen anything? I am trying to write up an article to keep cases like these in the light here in Montana so the "Nancy's" of our state can be found!

I have not found any updates as to whether Nancy was identified as Jane Doe B-17. Has anyone seen anything? I am trying to write up an article to keep cases like these in the light here in Montana so the "Nancy's" of our state can be found!
Welcome to Ws Killeen!
Bumping with these pics as i have not yet seen an update.
Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick – The Charley Project

• Height and Weight 5'1 - 5'2, 90 - 96 pounds
  • nancy_lynn_kirkpatrick_1.jpg
  • nancy_lynn_kirkpatrick_2.jpg
  • nancy_lynn_kirkpatrick_3.jpg
  • nancy_lynn_kirkpatrick_4.jpg
  • nancy_lynn_kirkpatrick_5.jpg
Nancy, circa 1976; Age-progression to age 50 (circa 2010)

Any news about this comparison?

Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick

• Missing Since 04/21/1976
  • Missing From Columbia Falls, Montana
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth01/25/1960 (59)
  • Age 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1 - 5'2, 90 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Nancy has burn scars on shoulders and a scar on her right arm between her shoulder and her elbow.
Details of Disappearance
Nancy was last seen in Columbia Falls, Montana on April 21, 1976. She babysat for a neighborhood family that day and was last seen walking home afterwards. She never arrived at her residence and has never been heard from again.

Nancy's parents were divorced and she lived with her grandmother at the time of her disappearance. Her loved ones described her as a normal teenager and a good student who was interested in the hippie counterculture.

However, she was a chronic runaway, and had traveled as far as Seattle, Washington and Los Angeles, California. The police would always find her and bring her home. The day Nancy disappeared, she had just been returned home after running away and spent a day in lockup in Kalispell, Montana before being released to go back to her grandmother in Columbia Falls. It's possible she ran away again.

One of her teachers thought they saw her at a bar in Anchorage, Alaska in May 1983, seven years later, but this sighting was never confirmed.

Less than a year before Nancy went missing, another teen girl, Robyn Pettinato, disappeared from a town about ten miles from Columbia Falls. She has never been found. It's theorized that there's some connection between the two cases, but this hasn't been proven. Both cases remain unsolved.

LINK:

Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick – The Charley Project

kirkpatrick_nancy.jpg

Missing Since: April 23, 1976 from Columbia Falls, Montana
Classification: Endangered Missing
Height and Weight: 5'2, 90 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Kirkpatrick has a scar on her right shoulder and a scar on her right arm between her shoulder and her elbow.

Details of Disappearance

Kirkpatrick was last seen in Columbia Falls, Montana on April 23, 1976. She has never been heard from again. Her loved ones stated she was a normal teenager and a good student in 1976, and embraced the hippie counterculture. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Flathead County Sheriff's Office

406-758-5585
It seems that if Nancy was into the hippie thing, it would be logical to check out Missoula. The hippie thing was still active in Missoula during the mid 1970s. Also the UID in Snohomish county could be significant. US Highway 2, the Highline, runs between Flathead county and Snohomish county.

Last edited:
Any news about this comparison?

Nancy Lynn Kirkpatrick

• Missing Since 04/21/1976
  • Missing From Columbia Falls, Montana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/25/1960 (60)
  • Age 16 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'1 - 5'2, 90 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Nancy has burn scars on shoulders and a scar on her right arm between her shoulder and her elbow.
Details of Disappearance
Nancy was last seen in Columbia Falls, Montana on April 21, 1976. She babysat for a neighborhood family that day and was last seen walking home afterwards. She never arrived at her residence and has never been heard from again.

Nancy's parents were divorced and she lived with her grandmother at the time of her disappearance. Her loved ones described her as a normal teenager and a good student who was interested in the hippie counterculture.

However, she was a chronic runaway, and had traveled as far as Seattle, Washington and Los Angeles, California. The police would always find her and bring her home. The day Nancy disappeared, she had just been returned home after running away and spent a day in lockup in Kalispell, Montana before being released to go back to her grandmother in Columbia Falls. It's possible she ran away again.

One of her teachers thought they saw her at a bar in Anchorage, Alaska in May 1983, seven years later, but this sighting was never confirmed.

Less than a year before Nancy went missing, another teen girl, Robyn Pettinato, disappeared from a town about ten miles from Columbia Falls. She has never been found. It's theorized that there's some connection between the two cases, but this hasn't been proven. Both cases remain unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Flathead County Sheriff's Office 406-758-5585
  • Whitefish Police Department 406-863-2420
Source Information

Posting due to the location. Depending on where the decedent entered Flathead Lake and the exact location the skull was picked up by the boat's gill net, the lake is about 15 mins. (Somers, MT) to 1 hour (Polson, MT) from Kalispell. My thoughts are with investigators as they attempt make an ID and also with the victim's loved ones.

Human skull found in Flathead Lake Wednesday | FOX 28 Spokane
SBM
POLSON, Mont. –
...operators of a gill netting boat who located the skull inside their net while pulling it in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deesse
Back