MT MT - Nefataree Bartell, 26, Missoula, 6 March 2023

Last edited:
A search and rescue team was out both Wednesday and Thursday looking for Bartell, she said.

While the case is still active, detectives’ leads have run dry and they don’t have any new information to investigate, Bennett said.
According to her family and friends, Bartell was pregnant with her third child when she went missing.

A search and rescue team was out both Wednesday and Thursday looking for Bartell, she said.

While the case is still active, detectives’ leads have run dry and they don’t have any new information to investigate, Bennett said.
According to her family and friends, Bartell was pregnant with her third child when she went missing.

The Missoulian will not let me see any more pages 'for free.'

Did they happen to say that she was a 'relationships counselor' (source LI) and that they had cleared (as suspects) all her clients?

“I just need to find my baby,” Charlene Bartell said, tearfully. “I need some answers.

Charlene told Dateline that she raised her two children in Missoula. Nefataree is the youngest. “[It’s] a lot of river rafting, hiking in the mountains, fishing,” Charlene said of Missoula. “Just a lot of outdoor activities.”

According to Charlene, Nefataree always enjoyed everything Missoula had to offer. “I would teach her how to drive in the mountains when she was younger,” she recalled. “She liked to hang out with her friends.”

Kyani Reid
Nefataree young.Charlene Bartell
But as Nefataree grew older, Charlene said her daughter’s priorities shifted. “When she had her kids, of course, that was her responsibility,” she said. “She loved taking care of her kids.”

Nefataree has two young children. She was also seven months pregnant with her third at the time of her disappearance. “She was really excited to have the baby,” Charlene told Dateline. “Motherhood was really important to her.”

Search continuing for woman reported missing in Missoula County​

Smith says due to “more favorable conditions, Missoula County Search and Rescue has begun a foot and canine search, utilizing other resources where they are most effective.”

Approximately 206 miles and 309 search hours have been recorded, according to Smith.

“I just need to find my baby,” Charlene Bartell said, tearfully. “I need some answers.

Charlene told Dateline that she raised her two children in Missoula. Nefataree is the youngest. “[It’s] a lot of river rafting, hiking in the mountains, fishing,” Charlene said of Missoula. “Just a lot of outdoor activities.”

According to Charlene, Nefataree always enjoyed everything Missoula had to offer. “I would teach her how to drive in the mountains when she was younger,” she recalled. “She liked to hang out with her friends.”

Kyani Reid
Nefataree young.Charlene Bartell
But as Nefataree grew older, Charlene said her daughter’s priorities shifted. “When she had her kids, of course, that was her responsibility,” she said. “She loved taking care of her kids.”

Nefataree has two young children. She was also seven months pregnant with her third at the time of her disappearance. “She was really excited to have the baby,” Charlene told Dateline. “Motherhood was really important to her.”
From linked article: Really strange that essential items left behind including a full pizza with one piece missing!

According to Charlene, Nefataree’s youngest son, who lives with her, had been staying with his paternal grandmother since February 20 — she hadn’t heard from Nefataree either. The grandmother “was concerned about that,” Charlene said. “That’s the longest [Nefataree] has gone without talking to her youngest son.”

Charlene said she searched her daughter’s apartment and what she saw worried her even more. “That’s absolutely not like her -- to leave her wallet and her phone, her keys, her Apple watch,” she said. “There was a full pizza sitting on the counter with one piece missing. It was just definitely not like her.”

Charlene told Dateline her daughter’s door was also open — a telltale sign to her that something was wrong. “She was so paranoid. She always locked her door,” she said. “I knew that something had happened.”

Bartell and her dog, Nova, were seen walking in the snow; a woman stopped to offer the 26-year-old a ride. Bartell had an address of a cabin. The driver took Bartell to Gold Creek Road and left her there to walk the rest of the way to her destination.

The driver, though, was concerned about a very pregnant Nefataree hiking the rest of the way in the snow.

As soon as the driver got to the highway, she called the sheriff’s department. She told police that she had a “bad feeling” and asked them to do a wellness check on Bartell. It didn’t happen.

Eight days later, the dog was found alive and well-nourished. Bartell has not been seen since.

Special Guests
  • Charlene Bartell – Victim’s mother
  • Miranda – Good Samaritan

Bartell and her dog, Nova, were seen walking in the snow; a woman stopped to offer the 26-year-old a ride. Bartell had an address of a cabin. The driver took Bartell to Gold Creek Road and left her there to walk the rest of the way to her destination.

The driver, though, was concerned about a very pregnant Nefataree hiking the rest of the way in the snow.

As soon as the driver got to the highway, she called the sheriff’s department. She told police that she had a “bad feeling” and asked them to do a wellness check on Bartell. It didn’t happen.

Eight days later, the dog was found alive and well-nourished. Bartell has not been seen since.

Special Guests
  • Charlene Bartell – Victim’s mother
  • Miranda – Good Samaritan
WHO was Nefataree meeting at the cabin? I wish Charlene would join WS and post these details.

WHO was Nefataree meeting at the cabin? I wish Charlene would join WS and post these details.
I don't know a name but on Nancy Grace, the witness Mirander quoted Nefataree as saying she was meeting her boyfriend.

Her mother posts on her Help find NefatareeBartell Facebook page

I don't know a name but on Nancy Grace, the witness Mirander quoted Nefataree as saying she was meeting her boyfriend.

Her mother posts on her Help find NefatareeBartell Facebook page
I’ve been lurking on WS for a while and had to make an account. I just looked at that Facebook page and it appears that they’ve found her remains. So devastating

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back