MT MT - Nyleen Marshall, 4, Clancy, 25 June 1983

I'm starting to think the guy from Wisconsin had nothing to do with Nyleen's case at all. Just a former Montanian who knew what he knew through gossip and Montana newspapers that go into way more detail on the case than just "went missing at a picnic; children near her saw a guy in a jogging suit." You don't need to have the little Mormon girl to know her family missed her when it's obvious and Montana had a news article about the family four months before that first mysterious phone call. Plenty of people have given police "confessions" they took and killed this girl, but further investigation yielded they're full of it. A man by the name of Richard James Wilson was one of them when he lead authorities to a mineshaft in 1991.

I maintain that she was taken by the unidentified male (I'll start calling him "Shadow Nelson") the children last saw her with.

This case is so strange and sad. Do you guys think the letter sent is actually from the abductor? I have to wonder if it was just an imposter, although they said he knew details that were not made public.

The area the family was at was very remote. What are the chances that some random jogger with bad intentions just happened to stroll by?
It is actually less remote than you would think, at least by Montana standards.

Who is Nyleen's birth father?
What line of work did her stepfather do? Why would the family move to Japan and then Mexico? According to Wiki, the family were LDS/Mormons. Was the family moving to Mexico to join one of the Mormon colonies in Mexico? Where in Mexico was Nyleen's mother Nancy murdered? Has her siblings ever spoke out about her disappearance?

Nyleen's birth father is a man named William Roy Briscoe. Nancy was murdered in the Radisson Paraiso Hotel in Mexico City. Kim had a job transfer. The siblings are private about this.

Last edited:
Thinking of Nyleen as people kept spamming the Morbidology site saying that she was Racine County Jane Doe (now ID'd as Peggy Johnson).

I was in the "Racine Doe could possibly be Nyleen" camp. While I'm happy for Peggy to finally be identified and that justice will be served in her case, I'm also thinking about little Nyleen today. I'm hoping so hard for the best case scenario that she's alive somewhere under a new name, unaware she is a missing person, and happy.

I think Nyleen is dead, but I also do not think that she is a known "celebrity" Jane Doe.

Maybe the writer of the letter had abducted Nyleen and killed her soon after her LKA date, but later sought to regain some sick pleasure from the crime by writing the letter to her parents to pretend she was still out there, but they can't have her...

This is my feelings on the case. The letters were genuine but she was no longer alive when he wrote them. He did it just to relive it and torment her family.

The details in those letters is disturbing. He's a psycho.

Yeah. I believe that she was alive *for a short time* - just long enough for him to sexually molest her and make her perform sexual acts. But, I don't think she was alive for too long.
@shadowdancer @NewKidInTown

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner
Back