Found Deceased MT - Rita Maze, 47, Wolf Creek, 6 Sept 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google maps lets you "walk" really close to the Kwik Stop pumps in Kingston, ID. I can't tell if they have cameras or not. I circled something that looks like it COULD be a camera but it might not be since every Exxon station is different and I've never been to this one.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Kwik stop Kinston ID.jpg
    Kwik stop Kinston ID.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 200
Just an aside I feel a bit sorry for the guy in the blue shirt just going about his business in Ritzville and I am relieved the Daily Mail's picture is so grainy...This photo is still making the rounds even though Police and FBI have eliminated him as a person of interest!

Just an aside I feel a bit sorry for the guy in the blue shirt just going about his business in Ritzville and I am relieved the Daily Mail's picture is so grainy...This photo is still making the rounds even though Police and FBI have eliminated him as a person of interest!

I totally agree.

Who did she see in Helena and what did she do there? That's where to start. Nothing suspicious about it, but while I was trying to find her relatives in Helena I clicked on The Jesters site which is apparently a favorite bar in Helena and from a while back (maybe a few years) there was a photo and comments by her sisters and Rita celebrating what would have been their deceased Dad's birthday. The local Helena sister was there and the others were commenting from their respective homes. No idea if she may have visited there when she was in Helena recently. JMO

Too late to edit my earlier comment and I think I was unclear - I meant did you notice a date on the post and is it on or close to September 6th?

One more thought about the cameras at gas pumps issue. It's really unusual in my experience for a gas station in the US to not have cameras on the pumps. Drive offs don't happen very often anymore but other crimes happen at gas pumps here. A really big problem is identity thieves putting skimmers on the credit card readers. If you don't lock your car while pumping your gas you can find your purse has been stolen out of the opposite side of the car. I always keep my wallet and phone on me when pumping and lock my car for this reason but I've seen it happen where someone sneaks around the other side and quietly opens the door or reaches through an open window and is gone before the person buying gas knows what happened. Having cameras is a way stations can protect themselves against lawsuits over people getting ripped off on their premises. It's also an extra layer of protection against robbery because the pump cameras usually catch the cars and streets. With cameras at the pumps they can see which way perps went or which way they approached from if they were on foot. JMO. I think we will have to wait and see what LE says about the cameras/lack of cameras at these particular gas stations.

Too late to edit my earlier comment and I think I was unclear - I meant did you notice a date on the post and is it on or close to September 6th?

I think it was july 2012....I don't have FB so I can't find it, google "The Jesters rita maze" see if you can find it that way...I DO think there is nothing relevant .....just that I saw her and her sisters' comments! JMO

I think it was july 2012....I don't have FB so I can't find it, google "The Jesters rita maze" see if you can find it that way...I DO think there is nothing relevant .....just that I saw her and her sisters' comments! JMO

FWIW: Rita had a brother who died in 2012. His obituary lists 9 surviving siblings and 6 of them lived in Helena in 2012. Rita lived in Great Falls but probably visited Helena quite a bit having so many family members there.

I said from the start daily mail shouldn't be trusted because it isn't known for its accuracy.
And it sure looks that he was not using Rita's card despite daily mail claiming he was.

The lack of cameras at a gas station in MI was an issue in the Jessica Heeringa disappearance. Jessica worked as an Exxon gas station clerk and disappeared without a trace while working alone one night. The station manager didn't have any cameras installed because of the cost.

I wonder if any surrounding businesses to those gas stations in ID and Ritzville have cameras?

One more thought about the cameras at gas pumps issue. It's really unusual in my experience for a gas station in the US to not have cameras on the pumps. Drive offs don't happen very often anymore but other crimes happen at gas pumps here. A really big problem is identity thieves putting skimmers on the credit card readers. If you don't lock your car while pumping your gas you can find your purse has been stolen out of the opposite side of the car. I always keep my wallet and phone on me when pumping and lock my car for this reason but I've seen it happen where someone sneaks around the other side and quietly opens the door or reaches through an open window and is gone before the person buying gas knows what happened. Having cameras is a way stations can protect themselves against lawsuits over people getting ripped off on their premises. It's also an extra layer of protection against robbery because the pump cameras usually catch the cars and streets. With cameras at the pumps they can see which way perps went or which way they approached from if they were on foot. JMO. I think we will have to wait and see what LE says about the cameras/lack of cameras at these particular gas stations.

And wasn't there a police shooting last year that happened as the officer was pumping gas and was caught on surveillance video? Maybe in Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to go back and re-read but did it actually say "two". I thought it just said "shots" plural and we have come up with it being at least 2 because there were 2 casings found in the trunk.
We also don't know how much time passed between each shot

Two shots were heard over a cell phone call between Maze and police.

One thing that I've thought of that would support the suicide angle is that the only one who may have known the family's true finances hasn't public spoken AFAIK. Neither the cousin nor the daughter would necessarily know if the husband and wife were putting on a brave face saying nothing was wrong in spite of them both apparently being out of work. It looks like the daughter's wedding is a huge deal and that could have been reason enough for the parents to say all is well so as to not worry their daughter. The stress of putting on a brave face for so long could have pushed the mother over the edge, with her still trying to protect her daughter in the manner of which she committed suicide.

One thing that I've thought of that would support the suicide angle is that the only one who may have known the family's true finances hasn't public spoken AFAIK. Neither the cousin nor the daughter would necessarily know if the husband and wife were putting on a brave face saying nothing was wrong in spite of them both apparently being out of work. It looks like the daughter's wedding is a huge deal and that could have been reason enough for the parents to say all is well so as to not worry their daughter. The stress of putting on a brave face for so long could have pushed the mother over the edge, with her still trying to protect her daughter in the manner of which she committed suicide.

YES! This ^^^^ is what I have been thinking as well. Unless you are a very wealthy family, there is bound to be financial issues if both parents are out of work. Neither unemployment nor disability pays very well. And savings dry up quickly.

My son got married a couple of years ago. We were only responsible for a couple of the expenses, and it was still a bit stressful. At the time I kept thinking I was glad it was not my daughter getting married at the time. lol

Exactly! A "close to home" story I remember is this one:

http://m.kmbc.com/Few-Details-Emerge-About-Schnackenberg-Case/12290530

Dude's daughter getting married while business ventures collapsed around him and home foreclosure loomed. Thankfully, he didn't end up going through with killing himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! This ^^^^ is what I have been thinking as well. Unless you are a very wealthy family, there is bound to be financial issues if both parents are out of work. Neither unemployment nor disability pays very well. And savings dry up quickly.

I seem to recall reading earlier that Rita was a "former" elementary school cook in Great Falls. Do we know why she was a "former" cook, and what her prospects of other similar or other work were in the area? I'm assuming that at 47 she was not likely to be retired on any but health grounds.

And if her husband is also out of work, what work does he normally do?

How long had one or both of them been out of work?

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/news/a63860/rita-maze-kidnapped-car-trunk/

Maze was a crosswalk attendant and head cook at a cafeteria at an elementary school from 2005 to 2009, and then worked a few other jobs before taking time off to spend time with her family, which included two children and two granddaughters.

Thank you. I hadn't seen that article before. So essentially it seems she hasn't had any sort of regular income for a number of years, so the family might have had financial problems.

I wonder what her husband did/does.

Just started seeing this have read 9 posts so behind may be an understatemetn.

Husband, Bob Maze, and daughter, Rochelle Maze, had police on the other line as they spoke to Maze in what would be her final hours

this struck me as weird. How would they know to have the cops on the line if they did not know anything wrong had happened yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592