Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see no problem with people who are directly or indirectly related to any case being involved from the beginning as long as they understand what we do and how we go about figuring out cases. While we do not purposefully try to harm anyone, there are always people who are not comfortable with the way we discuss details and players. They would certainly hate the way LE discusses them!

I also see nothing wrong with releasing information on the case before the media or LE does. If it was something that ONLY LE should know...it would be different. However, a trip to the store for a purchase was done in public and seen by witnesses. This in itself makes it information which cannot be expected by LE to be exclusive. If a news organization knew it first...they would not wait to report it, imo. Mom did absolutely NOTHING wrong!

oh shoot... they have been with him and with other family...

from the same link above:

The couple's two daughters, ages 2 and 4, have been staying with their father and family – Cooper's parents and identical sister, according to Boone.

When approached by an ABC News affiliate WTVDat his home Monday, Brad Cooper said that he had been searching "by the lake" for his wife. He declined to be interviewed on camera and ABCNews.com was unable to contact him.

"The wheel that is our family is missing a spoke. And while that wheel is now forever changed, it's incumbent on us to adapt so we may continue to spin," Cooper's brother, Jeff Rentz, said. "Nancy is a mother, a daughter and a sister, and that's how we'll keep her alive in our hearts."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3207944/

~snip~

The police said Cooper was murdered and have begun surrounding the Coopers' home in Lochmere, a Cary subdivision, with crime scene tape.

Cary police chief Pat Bazemore said the department was confident it would solve the case, although it has not named a suspect or a person of interest in the case.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/1142058.html

thanks for the link, chico!.....

Bazemore acknowledged that the couple was having marital difficulties but declined to elaborate.

they were sure elaborating, last night, on Greta's show....a reporter said this couple were in the midst of a divorce, with custody of the children being a big problem....(along those lines)

"The wheel that is our family is missing a spoke. And while that wheel is now forever changed, it's incumbent on us to adapt so we may continue to spin," Cooper's brother, Jeff Rentz, said. "Nancy is a mother, a daughter and a sister, and that's how we'll keep her alive in our hearts."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3207944/
Interesting that he said "Nancy is a mother, a daughter and a sister, and that's how we'll keep her alive in our hearts." and excluded the wife part.

Awww, this is such an innocent question. :( Maybe we need more information to be handed out to parents (searchers, friends, etc.) on how to answer questions when people go missing.

Brett Adam and other Cooper friends said they were dealing with how to explain the situation to their own children. Adam said that when he told his preschool-age son that Cooper was lost, the child asked, "Why doesn't she just turn around and come back?"

can't remember where i heard/read it, but from what i understand, the husband gave LE the Okay to search the home, his car & something else....

This is so sad, I knew the body had to be hers but I was still praying it wasn't.

"Nancy is a mother, a daughter and a sister...

I notice her brother doesn't mention her being a wife.

Awww, this is such an innocent question. :( Maybe we need more information out to parents on how to answer questions when people go missing.

Brett Adam and other Cooper friends said they were dealing with how to explain the situation to their own children. Adam said that when he told his preschool-age son that Cooper was lost, the child asked, "Why doesn't she just turn around and come back?"

This is terrible for the little ones. I mean how could it be explained so they could understand it?

This is terrible for the little ones. I mean how could it be explained so they could understand it?
I am going to do some research on it and see what is available out there. I will start a thread on it in the top section of missing forum for information and support.

I have to admit I was absolutely shocked when the store came into question. The chief had a look of shock that there was knowledge of it. I do not want to jepordize their investigation and hope I did not hinder it.

I almost PM'd you when I saw that, and then I remember the advice someone on HERE once gave to me. It is what it is, everything happens for a reason even if you dont know what it is at the time.
And to be fair, LE did not do an adequate job protecting the integrity of that particular piece of evidence if ANYONE knew about it.

Personally, I have my torch lit and am ready to head up the mountain to Brad Coopers castle.. sorry, but honest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny