Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have finally caught up! Phew! Took me forever!

We need a poll on who thinks Brad is guilty and who doesn't.

I, for one, don't think he is....and I think he should be given his children back.
Seems they were taken on no real grounds and that does not sit well with me that the courts can just come and pull children off of their parents and give them to GP and aunts that they barely know...especially in a time when what they need most is stability and normal routine...or as normal as can be given the circumstances.
If LE does not have enough on Brad to contain him, then how can a judge take his children?! Because he had an affair? So did she.
Because he had an argument with his wife? We all do that. Because he took his girls passports? Who could blame him? I would too if I thought my wife/husband was going to run off with them while I was at work one day. And it seems to me that Nancy cried to her parents about money because Brad cut her off from her high end spending. It doens't look like she was hurting too badly to me. She drove a new BMW and he drove her old car! IMO, he had the right to choke up on her spending, he made the money. I would have a problem with my husband just running amok with our checking account if he was not replenishing it. If she needed more money, she should have went out and got a job. My mom always taught me that the true way to freedom was to have your own money...and through the years I"ve found that to be a very true statement. I was in a very bad marriage but didn't have to be "trapped" because I made my own way out. We'd all like to be kept women with an endless supply of money so we could just stay home and take care of our kids, the house and have free time with friends. Life doesn't work that way.
As for her friends....women LOVE drama, especially a bunch of housewives who have nothing better to do all day. I've experienced that first hand. It can be ugly. They very well could have blown whatever NC has told them way out of proportion...as women often do because they love their friend and want to stay vigilent of their well being. But they only heard one side.
Who really knows!

I'm in no way blaming NC for what happened to her. She certainly should still be here with her girls....but I, in no way, shape or form, think that this "evidence" against Brad is any more than a typical domestic dispute between husband and wife...and does not constitute him being prematurely hung in the public eye.

My point is we all need to lose the tunnel vision.

I may eat my words...but I just don't think he did it.
Heather's husband could have done it to get back at Brad. He'd be off the radar and could have committed the perfect crime. We had a case like that on WS, if IIRC. The husband of a woman who was cheating, went to the house where the man lived that she was cheating on him with and raped and killed his wife....to get even with the man for messing with his wife. People are crazy and nothing is ever cut and dry.
Could have been Heather...because she wanted Brad and he called her the morning after to tell her to forget about it ever happening again...and now she is going through her own divorce, so she thinks if NC was gone...she'd have shot at Brad.
Who knows!
The possibilities are endless!
Why must we all fry Brad right away!?
And why must his children, Nancy's children, suffer the most by not only having to deal with the death of their mother, but also being taken from everything that is normal for them?
Nancy must have thought he was a fit father or she would not have approved joint custody should they divorce.

Not all angles have been looked at, imo. We are tainted by the Scott Peterson's And Mark Hacking's of the world.....

just my 2 pennies....

Great post, IMO, FWIW. Nice to have a few posters looking at this from another direction.

Until the evidence comes in.............

What was she to do with the two toddlers ? She had no money to pay a babysitter. Why generate another bill when the ones you have aren't being funded ?

Nancy's supposed affair - I find it quite amusing that Brad claims it to be true and he also claims no one knows who the man was - how very convenient don't you think - especially living amongst so many drama queens ?

What do the rest of us do in that situation? Suck it up and do what we gotta do.
The kids went to preschool a few hours a week, didn't they?
One of her many friends could have helped with child care since the children were together often anyway.
Just saying, she could have done something if she'd wanted to bad enough.
You're only as trapped as you allow yourself to be, imo

As for NC's affair, maybe her friends do know but would never betray their friend or her memory or give Brad fuel for the fire. Who knows! But no one is refuting it either.....

I'm just saying those things do not neccessarily make him a killer

I've been lurking on this thread~ it's taken days to read everything and absorb it!

Ember does make a good point about the spending. In his affidavit I believe he states he gave her $1200.00 a month for household expense, more if she needed it (may or may not be true), so she had money for groceries, gas, etc. IMO that is enough to buy groceries for a family of 4 and have plenty left. So he wasn't withholding food from his family. Heck I know people that don't make that much in a month.

If she had a spending problem it would make sense to take away the credit card and to remove her name off the checking account. Some people are chronic shoppers or gamblers and should have a budget. Not saying this was the case, but if she was a spender and someone was with $45,000 in credit card bills it would make sense to put her on a budget. I know my hubby would take the credit cards, checkbook and debit card away from me.

And, of course, this is just my opinion. :)

Illegals make money here every day. She could have done something to make money if she felt like she needed more....or maybe even tried to understand why her husband was choking up on her spending. $8000 for a painting seems a little indulgent to me and $45,000 in debt...he had to restrain her spending. I don't blame him one bit for that.

An emotional affair can be just as devastating to a marriage as a physical affair....more so in some ways.
I could not forgive my husband either way but I'd much rather him not be in love with someone else or share his most private thoughts, dreams and desires with someone other than me.
If he makes a mistake and shares his body in a moment of lustful weakness, it would hurt me to no end...but it would hurt me so much more if told me that he was in love with someone else.

Nancy was working to make extra money. That painting she was scheduled to do the Saturday morning she went missing, she was doing as a JOB. She got paid to do it.

But it didn't matter if she worked or not. IF she worked, like the painting she was doing, Brad wouldn't give her any money because she already had some.

In my book, that's called controlling and manipulative.

We do NOT know that Nancy had an emotional affair or not. We just know that Brad said she did. He's already proven to be a liar. I don't believe him in that instance either. There's no way to disprove it, the only witness to dispute him is dead. He made sure of that, IMHO. Everything he's said and done in the past day or two, confirms it, IMO. :mad:

JMHO
fran

He said the affair was 4 years before their oldest daughter (who is 4) was born. The couple has only been married 8 years.

Actually - line 65 of Brad's affidavit says Nancy's affair was "4 years ago before Bella was born". 4 years ago - not 4 years before Bella was born 4 years ago. So they were living in Cary at the time and it was in 2004.

This may have already been pointed out, if so, please forgive me.
Did anyone else notice that in Jessica Adams affidavit that she stated that once BC had phoned NC while over at Jessica's home and he demanded that NC take the children to the Morwick home? Jessica stated that NC took the kids over there, but BC had not arrived as yet and NC felt uncomfortable because the Morwicks had been spending time with BC lately. Yet, the Morwicks both gave statements supporting NC in their affidavits. Am I reading all this correctly?
So.............even if BC was spending time with them, to shore up his superdad image, evidently the Morwicks saw thru him and had their suspicions as well. .

Nancy was working to make extra money. That painting she was scheduled to do the Saturday morning she went missing, she was doing as a JOB. She got paid to do it.

But it didn't matter if she worked or not. IF she worked, like the painting she was doing, Brad wouldn't give her any money because she already had some.

In my book, that's called controlling and manipulative.

We do NOT know that Nancy had an emotional affair or not. We just know that Brad said she did. He's already proven to be a liar. I don't believe him in that instance either. There's no way to disprove it, the only witness to dispute him is dead. He made sure of that, IMHO. Everything he's said and done in the past day or two, confirms it, IMO. :mad:

JMHO
fran

Hey Fran, I respect that heck out of you and always enjoy your posts so don't get your :mad: out at me! :)
We just disagree on this subject, that 's all!

I just think there is alot more to this all the way around that we don't know.

What do the rest of us do in that situation? Suck it up and do what we gotta do.
The kids went to preschool a few hours a week, didn't they?
One of her many friends could have helped with child care since the children were together often anyway.
Just saying, she could have done something if she'd wanted to bad enough.
You're only as trapped as you allow yourself to be, imo

As for NC's affair, maybe her friends do know but would never betray their friend or her memory or give Brad fuel for the fire. Who knows! But no one is refuting it either.....

I'm just saying those things do not neccessarily make him a killer

I don't think I ever said those things make him a killer. Nancy was "sucking it up" in your terms - she was making some money. This resulted in further reductions in what she was allowed by her husband - please explain how she gained anything by "sucking it up".

Only as trapped as you allow yourself - I don't think she had a lot of outs, her husband first agreed for her and the children to return to Canada then changed his mind and took the children's passports. Sucking it up, Nancy stayed with her children - I find nothing to berate her about for doing that. As you say, she could have begged her friends for help, a place to stay perhaps, but it seems to me she was sucking it up for the good of her children and not trying to impose on friends. Again I find no fault with that.

Actually - line 65 of Brad's affidavit says Nancy's affair was "4 years ago before Bella was born". 4 years ago - not 4 years before Bella was born 4 years ago. So they were living in Cary at the time and it was in 2004.

That would make her quite pregnant would it not? Just an observation.

I am envisioning a telecom geek on the witness stand explaining this. Makes me picture the PayPal guy at Entwistle's trial who got his lawyer's undies in such a knot! LOL :)

I am far from a geek but I can explain it to you.

Depending on the system and the VOIP phone you can make remote calls. NOW WAIT before people just read that and say he did it.... If this was Vonnage or something like that no he cant but if he had Cisco VOIP phone and service he could...again wait before saying he did it.

I will try and make this simple as possible. The phone registers to a CM (call Manager) It registers with this Call Manager with both a mac address and an IP address. From the Call manager you can make calls for a particular phone. We do it all the time for testing. That said... Not only does he have to log in to a highly secured CM...which I am sure he can... he can only log in with his credentials. Not only would it log his being on that CM at a given time. IF he did make a call from the Call manager its impossible to hide that the call came from the CM. So yes he can make the call but he can not hide where it came from. So example if the call comes from the house the request is sent to call manager. Then the Call manager routes the call to the appropriate carrier for the number requested. Theres is no way to hide it if he made a remote call believe me.

That would make her quite pregnant would it not? Just an observation.

I would agree with you on that - if it was as Brad says 4 years ago and before Bella was born - guess so. But Brad also says the affair wasn't sexual and it only happened once - so who knows what the hey that means. :crazy:

I've been lurking on this thread~ it's taken days to read everything and absorb it!

Ember does make a good point about the spending. In his affidavit I believe he states he gave her $1200.00 a month for household expense, more if she needed it (may or may not be true), so she had money for groceries, gas, etc. IMO that is enough to buy groceries for a family of 4 and have plenty left. So he wasn't withholding food from his family. Heck I know people that don't make that much in a month.

If she had a spending problem it would make sense to take away the credit card and to remove her name off the checking account. Some people are chronic shoppers or gamblers and should have a budget. Not saying this was the case, but if she was a spender and someone was with $45,000 in credit card bills it would make sense to put her on a budget. I know my hubby would take the credit cards, checkbook and debit card away from me.

And, of course, this is just my opinion. :)

He may have given her $1200 a month household expenses, he may not have. We know from her friend's statements, that when she earned extra, ie painting houses, he withheld her allotted funds.

It would also DEPEND on exactly WHAT? he expected her to cover out of that $300?? a week allowance?..Once a week groceries for 4, could easily take $125 of that. Then one tank of gasoline would run about $60 - $70. But we know that she often did NOT have enough for gas. So what all did her 'allowance' have to cover?

Groceries
Gasoline
Birthday gifts
Extra activities for the children
Utilities?
Clothes, for a family of 4
Preschool fee

IF a cell phone bill was too high, he deducted it from her allowance, or took her phone away.

One car was paid for. One has a lien. Of course, during the couples earlier time in Cary, Nancy did NOT have a car. She often times had to WALK to the grocery store with toddler in tow. Oh, that's not to mention walk to the Doctors. Or during her 'several' miscarriages, her husband was too busy, so she had to take a TAXI to the hospital to be treated.

IF you were having financial difficulty, would your husband curtail his spending on an expensive hobby? I know many guys who've given up golf because the green fees are too high.

I think he's a control freak. Plain and simple.

JMHO
fran

This may have already been pointed out, if so, please forgive me.
Did anyone else notice that in Jessica Adams affidavit that she stated that once BC had phoned NC while over at Jessica's home and he demanded that NC take the children to the Morwick home? Jessica stated that NC took the kids over there, but BC had not arrived as yet and NC felt uncomfortable because the Morwicks had been spending time with BC lately. Yet, the Morwicks both gave statements supporting NC in their affidavits. Am I reading all this correctly?
So.............even if BC was spending time with them, to shore up his superdad image, evidently the Morwicks saw thru him and had their suspicions as well. .

You read it right. :)

Hey Fran, I respect that heck out of you and always enjoy your posts so don't get your :mad: out at me! :)

LOL, I'm just wonderin' if you've read the affidavits of her friends?

IF and when you do, keep in mind, these people were Brad's friends also. They chose to speak out about the personal situation.

There have also been a few, former acquaintances of his come here and tell us all the same type of things, about Brad, that are coming out on these affidavits. These really aren't telling US that have been here since the beginning, anything we didn't already know about the guy. But the extent of his bad behavior is even catching many of us long time Websleuthers off-guard.:(

IMHO, he's a devious fellow. He will do whatever it takes to win. IMHO, Nancy found out just how far that is.

I saw that you said you'd eat your words if you're wrong in that you feel he did NOT do this horrible crime. Would you like a little home-made bbq sauce for extra spice? :D

You'll see. Mark my word, you'll see. ;)

JMHO
fran

Hey Ember. I too have been taking this angle for the last week. I have said previously there is some major tunnel vision. I still don't know enough either way to say he did or did not do it...but after reading his accounts from that day and everything else. I have more to think he could be innocent.

As for the money ...again i noted earlier so many of you know I went through many of the same things in my divorce so I have a very close relation to some of the things he has done or said. The money part I got burned very badly.My ex stole about 18 thousand dollars from me over a period of time where she agreed with our counselor that she needed to get help for her bi-polar and other issues. While she was supposedly "working to fix some issues and save our marriage" (those we her exact words she said to me in our last session with the counselor) she was seeing a lawyer and stealing my money. Me I was so relieved that moment she said those things only to eventually find out it was more lies, manipulation and stealing. So again. I am not saying he should let his family starve but I absolutely can understand the holding back the money and having control of it...it burned me badly.

Things like the laundry and how people say he never did it so why would he need to buy detergent.... I said earlier...even though my wife was cheating I still wanted to save my family I did things I didn't normally do and I went out of my way to do so much. I fought very hard to save my marriage and my family.

The custody...doesn't matter who cheated on whom... I know this first hand as well.

The fact that she did have an affair brings in other POI. Not only that but I have said before the things many on here have claimed...if true... surly if that cut and dry he would have been arrested.

I have been saying you have to keep an open mind to find the truth.

I understand them completely...and agree with alot of them.
There are 3 sides to every story. His side, her side and the truth.
Right now, because she is the victim, her side is the only one everyone is worrying about...and that's not a fair and balanced justice system.

I agree with the general tenor of your comments.
It appears that many people want to paint him as the consummate devil while painting her as an angel.

As far as the statements by her friends about what a terrible person BC was, why didn't they do more to help her? If their statements are to be believed than this guy is a cad X100. Prior to the 4 year old being old she had to take a taxi cab to the hospital when she was having miscarriages? If ever there was a sign to get out of a marriage that was it. Not to mention all the other things he allegedly did. If I had a female friend that was in that type of marriage I would have done everything within my power to get her out of that marriage. If the statements are true, that might be the worst marriage I've ever heard of.

Either one of two things is happening here. Either her friends are exaggerating, they were told exaggerations or that was the marriage from hell. It may have been a bad marriage and he might be a bad guy, but I'm having a hard time believing all these statements about him.

LOL, I'm just wonderin' if you've read the affidavits of her friends?

IF and when you do, keep in mind, these people were Brad's friends also. They chose to speak out about the personal situation.

There have also been a few, former acquaintances of his come here and tell us all the same type of things, about Brad, that are coming out on these affidavits. These really aren't telling US that have been here since the beginning, anything we didn't already know about the guy. But the extent of his bad behavior is even catching many of us long time Websleuthers off-guard.:(

IMHO, he's a devious fellow. He will do whatever it takes to win. IMHO, Nancy found out just how far that is.

I saw that you said you'd eat your words if you're wrong in that you feel he did NOT do this horrible crime. Would you like a little home-made bbq sauce for extra spice? :D

You'll see. Mark my word, you'll see. ;)

JMHO
fran

Ok, I have read every link that I saw on her for these affidavits and I have only seen one friend... and that would be Adams. How are ALL THESE Friends that you are referring to? I have seen his, Adams, Shrink, custody, the removal of lawyer one, The one that named Heather Meotur sp? What other friends have done this that I missed?

I would agree with you on that - if it was as Brad says 4 years ago and before Bella was born - guess so. But Brad also says the affair wasn't sexual and it only happened once - so who knows what the hey that means. :crazy:

This is so creepy how this sounds like some of the things I went through. My ex started doing unfaithful things when she was 6 months pregnant with our oldest son. Her first affair never got physical...but they had every intention on meeting I just happen to find out about it a few days prior...but the things they did were way worse then just hooking up physically. Sorry but flat out just having sex is not the only thing considered cheating and to be honest that first one my EX did ...with rehashing and discussing that with you people... it wouldn't have hurt as much as what she did do. any way again my two cents. This just really starting to freak me out how similar some of the things are. I am not saying one way or the other that he did or didn't do it... I am keeping an open mind and I think theres more of a chance that he didn't do it than many other cases.

I agree Fran he does sound like a control freak!

As far as the expensive hobby and him curtailing his expenses~ It sounds like he has an ego, I can just see his train of thought being "I make the money, I shouldn't have to sacrifice what I enjoy". My ex was that way, I had to watch what I spent, but his hobby (motorcycles) was never put on the back burner. Wonder why he's an ex :rolleyes:

I don't think she would've been responsible for the utilities. There is no way 1200.00 would cover that with food, gas, etc. The water being cut off may mean she was, but I don't think that's the case, especially if BC was the one to have to pay it and turn it back on. The water being tuned off seems strange to me. If I had a friend who had her water turned off (four of her friends knew about it) I would pay the bill. Maybe it was just an oversight as far as the bill not being paid not some kind of "punishment or withholding"? :confused:

I'm not saying he's guilty or not guilty, just some points to ponder. And as we've all heard a million times in our lifetime there's three sides to every story. Sad that NC can't be here to tell hers. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror