Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mail??? I live 3 miles from them...I have the same water company and I pay mine online...I get no mail.

Have you ever had your water shut off by the Cary water department? I was referring specifically to the shut off notice, not the general old billing statements. If the Cary Water Department isn't giving customers proper notifications in that regard, then maybe they need to be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

Hi Mom2boys.
I bolded the part I wanted to reply to in your post.

Have you all seen how expensive that sporty stuff can be?!

Those running clothes are like $75.00 + for the little halter-tops. Tiny little scraps of cloth for running shorts & t-shirts are $100.00+ because of all that wicking/ special materials.

I went in a local outdoor shop thinking I might buy an item or two for my daughter and I almost fell over. This is not a swanky place at all in fact I thought it was a little bit hippy kids. Patagonia, Columbia were a couple of the brands.

Maybe it was a spa pedi?

Yes, they can be expensive. I'm training for a 1/2 marathon and sprint triathlon, so I know first hand.
But like anything else, you can pay for top of the line or lower end. I bought a pair of Nike running shorts for $25 and three running tops for $13, and $19 and $24. So I wouldn't say it's super expensive, but it CAN be.

You think you can do this on you machine and I wont be able to track it? Well believe me it can been pulled. If the took his PC and I am pretty sure they did...they all ready know the answer to this...and the fact that he has not been arrested it probably is not there. But everything can be tracked. People must understand there is nothing you can do on your computer that cant be found out afterwards. You can delete and hide all you want but they can get it. Believe me.

This is simply not true.

For example, I can boot linux from my dvd/cd drive or a usb device and not touch the internal hard drive at all.

As a matter of fact, you do not have to be a computer expert to do this. Download knoppix, burn it to CD, boot it, bring up the browser, goto Google and search for "Anarchist's Guide to Body Disposal". Shutdown and power-off and there is no physical/forensic evidence on the computer whatsoever.

BC, having earned a CCIE, is probably well aware of this.

Not knowing all that much about this type of thing, I'm with you. I actually thought he'd get the kids.

There must be some information that isn't in the public, that the judge knows?

curious, really,
fran

My guess is that he doesn't have the time, realistically, to take care of the kids. He isn't really denying the amount of time he spent on work, the MBA and the marathon training, etc. He also tried at first to bring his own parents into it and say they could help with the kids, but his own past action of telling his parents they couldn't visit anymore due to the way they were treating the kids and Nancy contradicted that. So, maybe in the end he just had to admit that he couldn't handle the responsibility.

Somehow I did not think there would be anyone on the witness stand today. Have to wonder if that subpeona to Interact had something to do with the meeting being conducted in Judge's chambers. I think it is possible.

Personally, I suspect that the subpeona to Interact was so that they might testify as an "expert witness". They could probably speak in generalities about whether some of the allegations in her friend's affidavits qualify as abuse and about some the reactions to stress, someone might have while under investigation.

Of course, I guess Nancy could've contacted them to "document" how she felt she was treated, but because she obviously wasn't shy about telling her friends her woes, you'd think one or the other of them would've mentioned that she had spoken to the group.

Again, I think they were more likely going to be expert witnesses.
---

Oh, and while I'm posting: Earlier, I responded to Fran concerning the will and cited Brad's rebuttal.

WS went on break not too long after that, so I couldn't edit or post to add that the piece of paper with one of the kid's favorite color on one side and information about the will and bank accounts on the other (which I can't really recall, if they were the same piece of paper, but anyway...), the "favorite color" could quite easily be the security question for one of the websites he was consulting.

I know that I sometimes make logical choices for those questions, but about ten years ago, I quit putting the real answer to their actual question in that slot. By and large, there's only a handful of these security questions and to me, they really don't seem that secure.

This is simply not true.

For example, I can boot linux from my dvd/cd drive or a usb device and not touch the internal hard drive at all.

As a matter of fact, you do not have to be a computer expert to do this. Download knoppix, burn it to CD, boot it, bring up the browser, goto Google and search for "Anarchist's Guide to Body Disposal". Shutdown and power-off and there is no physical/forensic evidence on the computer whatsoever.

BC, having earned a CCIE, is probably well aware of this.

Oh, don't let this out for general knowledge, they won't be able to catch half the creeps that commit crimes.

My guess is that he doesn't have the time, realistically, to take care of the kids. He isn't really denying the amount of time he spent on work, the MBA and the marathon training, etc.

In his rebuttal, he says that he quit training, her friend's claims are exaggerated and that he offered to delay finishing his degree.

Toward that last point, I'm sure the continuing ed/adult education departments all over the country were holding their breaths earlier today. I mean, couldn't you just see the ad that could've come from the judge ruling against him; "At XX State College, you can work, get your degree and lose your kids, all at the same time".

Oh, don't let this out for general knowledge, they won't be able to catch half the creeps that commit crimes.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

In fact I think it is the duty of every good citizen to protect their privacy from the ever increasing intrusions by a government that is supposed to serve the people.

Forgive me, I'm a little behind. But wanted to comment on the $200 designer jeans and $200 pedi. Which does seem high even in the best of spa's. Anyway, who's to say this was for Nancy?
The affidavit even mentioned that Brad had a tendency to spend lavishly on is girlfriends.
I'm inclined to think that Brad was spending the money on another woman especially since she was not able to use the CC's.
If she had access to them, she'd be using them for groceries and gas.
You never see her decked out, she's always dressed sporty as others have mentioned.
Hardly the high fashion and jewelery shopaholic Brad mentions.

"I don't think any of us would be well dressed without Nancy Cooper. That was very important to her," Duncan said with a laugh. "And she would always compliment you on your outfit."

Link

http://news14.com/content/local_news/triangle/597471/friends--family-remember-cary-woman/Default.aspx

In his rebuttal, he says that he quit training, her friend's claims are exaggerated and that he offered to delay finishing his degree.

Toward that last point, I'm sure the continuing ed/adult education departments all over the country were holding their breaths earlier today. I mean, couldn't you just see the ad that could've come from the judge ruling against him; "At XX State College, you can work, get your degree and lose your kids, all at the same time".

Ok, so he quit the marathon training. He still had a long work day, school and then his own homework. Continuing ed programs don't need to worry about anything, everyone is different in how they balance these things in their life. I am saying maybe Brad, not a lawyer or the in-laws, Brad himself realized that he could not realistically handle the responsibility at this time. That is my opinion and speculation at this time in response to Fran who was wondering what else could have gone into the decision.

I am saying maybe Brad, not a lawyer or the in-laws, Brad himself realized that he could not realistically handle the responsibility at this time. That is my opinion and speculation at this time in response to Fran who was wondering what else could have gone into the decision.

I've said all along that I fully expected a continuance. He hasn't even been charged with a crime and for all we know, he's been pretty much exonerated. With the media spotlight so intense and no resolution in the case, the kids are probably better off in Canada, but with what we have right now, there's no way that I could've supported a permanent transfer of custody. After all, they're his kids and there's been no allegations of abuse, mostly that he didn't hang out around his wife's friends, so they rarely saw him interact with his children.

I have zero doubt that Brad killed his wife. It is the ultimate form of control. He is a control freak and since NC was in a vulnerable position, it made it so much better for him in his attempt at power and control of her and the kids.

When I read the affidavits of NC friends, I swear it mirrors my friends ex husband. He did exactly what Brad did to her also.

Some one mentioned a personality disorder. Exactly.

I'm on the fence, but I have one leg dangling over the side that says BC killed his wife -- and my foot is practically touching the ground.

I don't want him to have killed his wife. I've seen a ton of these cases, however, so it wouldn't surprise me. If it turns out someone else did it, I will be very surprised and delighted that he didn't do it. It would be nice if one of these cases turned out that way for a change.

I am not saying I am delighted NC was murdered -- but since she was ... I hope it wasn't her DH. Just in case anyone misunderstands.

I am concerned that, if BC did it, LE won't be able to find enough evidence to arrest and convict him.

Respectfully,
RC

Personally, I suspect that the subpeona to Interact was so that they might testify as an "expert witness". They could probably speak in generalities about whether some of the allegations in her friend's affidavits qualify as abuse and about some the reactions to stress, someone might have while under investigation.

Of course, I guess Nancy could've contacted them to "document" how she felt she was treated, but because she obviously wasn't shy about telling her friends her woes, you'd think one or the other of them would've mentioned that she had spoken to the group.

Again, I think they were more likely going to be expert witnesses.
---
<snip>

Typically expert witnesses are paid to testify - never have seen a subpeona issued to make an expert witness talk. So what is the excuse for the subpeona to the childrens pediatrician ? Also an expert witness - I don't think so, neither subpeona was for expert testimony and both had something to do with this case, bank on it.

I'm wondering if one of the reasons why BC & lawyers agreed to let the grandparents have the kids for the next 2+ months is because he did NOT want to have to submit to a psychiatric evaluation? That seemed to be the one open issue possibly in the way (setting aside the murder investigation for the moment). Because IF a psych evaluation could come back negative, isn't it possible that the DA could use that info in the criminal case too?

Is there a link to where it has been confirmed Nancy’s death was a homicide?

I read the affidavits for Nancy and I am just astounded that she continued to try to have a baby after she had so many miscarriages and had to take a taxi to the hospital since Brad allegedly had so little interest in her welfare. Why in the world would you want to try repeatedly to bring another child into that relationship if she was so miserable?

This all leads me to believe that …. well, are we sure Nancy didn’t do something to
herself?
Do something to herself like what? Killing herself? Im not sure I understand what you mean.

Does anyone think it odd that NC and Michael Corwick (the name may be off but I didn't feel like going back to find it) took their children to the beach w/o their spouses? Did I read that correctly? That seems odd to me, no matter how close "friends" you are. The Coopers seemed to have lots of couples friends that they did lot with....interesting, I think.

Does anyone think it odd that NC and Michael Corwick (the name may be off but I didn't feel like going back to find it) took their children to the beach w/o their spouses? Did I read that correctly? That seems odd to me, no matter how close "friends" you are. The Coopers seemed to have lots of couples friends that they did lot with....interesting, I think.

It's Michael Morwick and the statement he made in his affidavit for Brad - #8

Yes, If it is true then I find it weird too. I would not want my husband going to the beach with one of my girlfreinds...that's just how I am..right or wrong..I wouldn't be ok with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Letdownville