Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given their locations, it would be possible to cover about 75% of the lobby area. The TV/sofa area probably isn't well covered--it's at least 30 feet from the only camera that could see that area, and that particular camera is likely aimed elsewhere.

So there is not much of a possibility of someone coming in without showing up on one of the camera angles - thats good. If he was there, if LE got there in time - they have a good chance of knowing what he did and if he had anything with him - hopefully LE got there in time to find out one way or the other. Thanks ! :)

BC did not appear to have bruises or wounds on his hands. If Nancy was badly bludgeoned with an object there would be blood, cast-off, tissue, hair and perhaps even teeth wherever she was killed. Beating someone to death is messy. Nancy was a tall, fit woman who had children, I cannot see her NOT fighting her attacker unless she was asleep - which would limit the possible murder scene to a place inside the house she would have been sleeping. If Nancy was awake and dressed then she would have tried to defend herself - head wounds often do not immediately incapacitate the victim - she would have tried to hurt BC or at least moved around and if nothing else, left MORE evidence at the murder scene - evidence luminol would have lit up. There is NO WAY Brad could have cleaned the murder scene AND a vehicle used to transport the body so well as to have left NOTHING behind.

If Nancy was bludgeoned to death she and her clothing would have been bloody and would have clearly shown her position at the time of death (standing or lying down, for instance). If BC killed Nancy in that manner inside their home I think CSU would have easily found the scene because they had seen the body and would know what places would have been possible scenes inside the home. And evidently they did not feel the scene was inside one of the cars because they would have impounded that vehicle - again, luminol would have lit it up even if it was cleaned. The fact that neither vehicle was removed from the residence says pretty clearly that no evidence of anything (disposal OR murder) was found in either vehicle.

I am now most interested in the autopsy - IF it was blunt force trauma and there was not significant forensic evidence found in the home or cars then I have to consider Nancy was likely killed at another location OUTSIDE the home - perhaps the night before or DURING her run. It would take significantly more than laundry detergent to clean up a crime scene to the point where CSU could find NO evidence. I wonder if it's possible Nancy wasn't dumped, but that BC chased her down during her run? He would have known she had no phone and no way to call for help and it eliminates that messy crime scene problem.

To ME, at this point the autopsy will be the key in this, not the SW's.

My Opinion

:crazy:
CP, according to an article in today's N&O, there was a microscopic feather. :crazy:

Oh, Well that makes a LOT more sense... I am beginning to swing to that side of the fence then. See, it would not make any sense at all if a regular owl could attack her and perform all the required feats and escape without being seen, but if the owl in question were microscopic, then it would be much easier for it to get away without detection! Elementary my dear Watson, clap the bracelets on the microscopic owl!

For the record, Owls do sometimes attack people, and the wounds on the victim could have been consistent with an owl attack, however, the attacks are almost always done outside, and I have not heard of a case where an attacking owl cleans up some of the blood pool before leaving.:crazy:

CyberPro

THANKS SLEUTHY! I have one of those coupons from Sunday's paper, so keep yours for yourself.

Being a coward, Brad would have probably smothered her or done something more "passive" aggressive first. Don't you think? We'll all know one day.

M. Petersen probably hired an owl on crack to come over and do the job.:shocked2: <<---A microscopic owl on crack. Come to think of it, M.Petersen LOOKS like one.

I'm going to get ready and head for the store to get my supplies for the Nancy Cooper birthday/death remembrance wreath. It should warm Brad's heart that we remember her, since he doesn't. I suppose he's in shock and still grieving and all.

Oh, Well that makes a LOT more sense... I am beginning to swing to that side of the fence then. See, it would not make any sense at all if a regular owl could attack her and perform all the required feats and escape without being seen, but if the owl in question were microscopic, then it would be much easier for it to get away without detection! Elementary my dear Watson, clap the bracelets on the microscopic owl!

For the record, Owls do sometimes attack people, and the wounds on the victim could have been consistent with an owl attack, however, the attacks are almost always done outside, and I have not heard of a case where an attacking owl cleans up some of the blood pool before leaving.:crazy:

CyberPro

Fiendish, diabolical owls.

CyberPro
:shocked2: <--microscopic owl :rolling: Ha ha, CyberPro!!:)

NCNative, I'd like to take pix of the wreath after you get it done (and placed whereever it's going). Let me know when and where, exactly, and I'll do a hi-res picture and make it available to everyone on the board.

Perhaps we could redirect the Peterson case info to the OT Chit Chat area, since it has nothing to do with Nancy's case and it's hard enough to keep track of the info without trying to figure out what an Owl (microsopic or traditional) has to do with Nancy's case. Some people only have time to check in here a couple of times a day and it does get confusing. Since we have a forum perhaps a "memorials" thread and a "comparisons with other cases thread" might be helpful so we can keep the main "Nancy" case thread for info about BC and Nancy and the developments in the case.

My Opinion

<snip>

My Opinion

I see the autopsy as an essential piece but not necessarily the key to the case. The search warrants are also essential, and it seems from watching the videos and reviewing the photos - a significant number of items were removed from the residence. Can't see things being drug out in evidence bags if it apparently has no relevance. As to the cars, if evidence was found and it was of sufficient quantity to provide answers, it may not have been necessary to take the cars downtown. The 325 was in the garage - luminol could well have been performed on the spot. LE arrived at the house in the dark plus they had the distinct advantage of having already been in the home within 8 hours of Nancy having been reported as leaving it. There is no telling what was observed at that time, but no doubt observations were made. All elements are necessary.

For LE to serve a warrant on Cisco systems - it seems pretty obvious to me that some evidence was found in the home that opened this possibility.

I agree with Bubba. Each link in the chain is necessary to paint an entire picture of guilt.

It seems to me that if they found significant blood at the house or in the car, that BC would already be in custody. I lean towards suffocation/strangulation. If she was "bludgeoned" to cause death by blunt force trama as I read somewhere, it is hard to believe there wasn't blood although I understand it's possible.

I see the autopsy as an essential piece but not necessarily the key to the case. The search warrants are also essential, and it seems from watching the videos and reviewing the photos - a significant number of items were removed from the residence. Can't see things being drug out in evidence bags if it apparently has no relevance. As to the cars, if evidence was found and it was of sufficient quantity to provide answers, it may not have been necessary to take the cars downtown. The 325 was in the garage - luminol could well have been performed on the spot. LE arrived at the house in the dark plus they had the distinct advantage of having already been in the home within 8 hours of Nancy having been reported as leaving it. There is no telling what was observed at that time, but no doubt observations were made. All elements are necessary.

For LE to serve a warrant on Cisco systems - it seems pretty obvious to me that some evidence was found in the home that opened this possibility.

The fact that BC worked there and could have planned from there, or HIRED someone to kill Nancy from there is all LE needs for a SW. I think spouse's place of work is almost a given in any murder case anyway. They have to rule out (or in) the spouse first - I doubt it has anything to do with the Home SW. Plus the friends allegations that BC somehow was listening to, controlling or interfering with Nancy's phone calls or "spying" on her and their allegations of BC's abuse of Nancy and control of Nancy would have a basis at his work. Not to mention looking for evidence that BC was having a current affair and would have wanted Nancy gone for that reason...also at work. My suspicion is that the LAST SW was for a possible GF's home (or Scott's home if he was meeting her there).

My Opinion

Alert! Flowerchild! Yes, we are on the same page.

I don't think there was need for bleach for any bloodstains.

I also feel there is a slim chance she passed before 6:15. Accidental death.

I am leaning quite far (very) to after 7:00---simply because CPD is out scouting the neighborhood, streets, passing out flyers etc., and if TOD is before 6:15--then and THEN, Mr. Cooper has some major explaining to do.

The news media has not said one verb about blood, beating, bludegeoning, anywhere. I think Mrs. Cooper died as a result of asphyxiation.

Sending you a PM.

I am leaning quite far (very) to after 7:00---simply because CPD is out scouting the neighborhood, streets, passing out flyers etc., and if TOD is before 6:15--then and THEN, Mr. Cooper has some major explaining to do.

Good points. If TOD is after 7:00 as you suspect, would you think it's a Theory A scenario, or a Theory B/C scenario, or something else entirely?

It could be any of those three options. If TOD indeed is confirmed after 7:00 a.m., B&C.

I don't know how A scenario could work with Mr. Cooper being home with the kids and I have no idea how to hire a hitman. He has cooperated with the police, and given LE a timeline.

Speculatively, I'm certain I read somewhere in the affidavits that Mrs. Cooper was not feeling well.,we don't know to what extent. I know that I have ran when I was feeling SO-SO and I felt better afterwards. She could have just passed out, maybe she felt something coming on and needed to get in some shade....

She could have ran over to those new homes under construction and well you know...ran into someone who wasn't very nice. Construction workers do work on the weekend.

We could speculate 24/7.

The in laws are pushing for a psych test in Sept, they must not think he's going to be charged? If they are so sure he's the culprit then why demand a psych test near the end of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125