Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that the deposition really "lost" the custody case for him. He was never going to win it anyway. Given that the court had his children taken away from him back in July even though he wasn't charged with any crime, why would he have any reason to expect that he would get them back now? The current judge has [unbelievably] said that she gets to unilaterally decide whether he killed his wife or not. It's a fight that he is not going to win.

He appears to be getting horrible advice from his attorneys. They seem to be in way over their heads. They should cut their losses on the custody case and focus on trying to keep him out of jail. They did that earlier when they cut the temporary custody deal and should have stuck with that strategy. Their futile efforts in the custody case are going to end up digging him a deeper hole in any eventual criminal case.

I completely disagree. I can't see him losing the custody battle. He is their father. He has rights to his kids.

Are you all able to watch the videos on WRAL right now?

Yes...they're working perfectly fine for me. Are you having trouble?

Yes, they won't even play... well, at least I know they haven't been removed, which is what I feared...

I searched on other sites but it appears that the other stations just have video snippets and not the long videos...

Yes, they won't even play... well, at least I know they haven't been removed, which is what I feared...

I searched on other sites but it appears that the other stations just have video snippets and not the long videos...

They're all still there...I hope you get your feeds working soon! I know how frustrating that can be. :mad:

It's weird, because I can play videos on other sites.

Just not WRAL!!!

I don't find it odd. He knew when she left to go to lake Norman. He cleaned out her vehicle right before she left...and then cleaned his. Mowing the lawn is a regular activity, so not remembering when you mowed it isn't hard to believe.

I don't think the important dates have anything to do with mowing the lawn. His memory is very sketchy when it comes to sexual liaisons with HM, he can't remember the time of day when they had their one encounter in the closet, he has no memory of where the kids were during that time, or even the time of year when it happened. He couldn't remember where he was when they had oral sex, or whose car they were in during the other encounters.

He couldn't remember his 2 yr old nephew's name--his only nephew btw, who he's also never met (he remembered this name after a break was taken).

He couldn't remember lots of things including classmates in his MBA classes or on the trip but he of course knew Celine's full name, but then to the 'best of his knowledge' he does not believe he kissed her.

He couldn't remember the color of the dress his wife wore her last night alive (green or orange he doesn't know) or if he washed it or if he vacuumed his trunk that same day; alternatively, he could remember the full name of the guy Nancy had lunch w/the day after he and Nancy went out on their first date 10 years before (Reddress pointed this out to me yesterday)...a guy Nancy never saw again.

He claimed ignorance of the area where Nancy's body was dumped, feigning indifference and lack of knowledge of any of the details around that, yet the guy can recite cell phone calls.

It appears his memories are very selective.

In fact his memories are at times dicier than an 80 yr old suffering bouts of dementia and early stage alzheimer's.

I don't think the important dates have anything to do with mowing the lawn. His memory is very sketchy when it comes to sexual liaisons with HM, he can't remember the time of day when they had their one encounter in the closet, he has no memory of where the kids were during that time, or even the time of year when it happened. He couldn't remember where he was when they had oral sex, or whose car they were in during the other encounters.

He couldn't remember his 2 yr old nephew's name--his only nephew btw, who he's also never met (he remembered this name after a break was taken).

He couldn't remember lots of things including classmates in his MBA classes or on the trip but he of course knew Celine's name, but then to the 'best of his knowledge' he does not think he kissed her.

He couldn't remember the color of the dress his wife wore her last night alive or if he washed it or if he vacuumed his trunk; alternatively, he could remember the full name of the guy Nancy had lunch w/the day after he and Nancy went out on their first date 10 years before (Reddress pointed this out to me yesterday)...a guy Nancy never saw again.

It appears he has selective memory.

Thank you, SG, for articulating that a little better than I did. My point was just that he has trouble recollecting anything from the mundane daily tasks to the very important events...but yet he can remember the exact date he vacuumed his trunk. It just seems like very fishy selective memory to me.

Is it possible to email someone a video? Or to post it on YouTube? I wonder if anyone knows how to do something that would allow me to see the depositions?

Hmmm....I might not be loving this assessment. :confused:

LOL RKAB. I'm sure it's only the type in the most recent years!

Question for you though: I am currently under the impression that Brad is the type of man who does not have women as friends. My impression of him is that women are either sexual/romantic objects to him or they are otherwise fairly invisible. Would that be an accurate assessment based on what you know of him?

Question for you though: I am currently under the impression that Brad is the type of man who does not have women as friends. My impression of him is that women are either sexual/romantic objects to him or they are otherwise fairly invisible. Would that be an accurate assessment based on what you know of him?

Judging from his videos, he seems to have trouble recalling names of any friends at all. But yes, your assessment is definately correct.

So, we watched some of the videos and I've got to say, two of the highlights are when he was being asked about his affair with HM and Alice Stubbs was trying to ask who else was in the residence and he said:

"There was no one else in the closet..." and "Uh, she (Nancy) was not in the room at the time...". I think that was when he was still in quite a cocky phase of the deposition.

We had a pretty good laugh over it.

Judging from his videos, he seems to have trouble recalling names of any friends at all. But yes, your assessment is definately correct.

Thank you. I got a definite 'vibe' about that when I watched his videos and saw his demeanor. Ironic that he has two daughters when it appears he does not relate to the female gender other than as sexual/romantic objects.

And it's further ironic to me to see these two very strong female attorneys representing both him and and Rentz'.

Neither here nor there, but I found it an interesting contrast.

So, we watched some of the videos and I've got to say, two of the highlights are when he was being asked about his affair with HM and Alice Stubbs was trying to ask who else was in the residence and he said:

"There was no one else in the closet..." and "Uh, she (Nancy) was not in the room at the time...". I think that was when he was still in quite a cocky phase of the deposition.

We had a pretty good laugh over it.

I was howling over that too!! The whole "in the closet" thing became a bit of a joke. How Alice or anyone kept a straight face during that is beyond me.

Ironic that he has two daughters when it appears he does not relate to the female gender other than as sexual/romantic objects.

Irony or karma? It's one factor of his life that he couldn't control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM