Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I guess I just took someone calling it "small" and figured it was like airports I'm used to. I'm not a big traveler, and I've only been to a few large airports, so I'm used to the tiny Arkansas ones.. lol

no apology necessary lol. I understand completely. When I think small I think the ones with only a grass runway for Cessnas. ��

I'm thinking voluntary missing on this one.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea.

Will keep following .....

RDU isn't really a small airport per se. I guess it depends on perspective. It is an international airport.

You beat me to it, stormy -- I don't consider RDU small, either. It is international. RDU handles 9--10 million passengers/year; 27,000/day. It's no DFW, but it isn't small, IMO. It's a busy place. Things could happen unnoticed in some areas, IMO.

FBI, Raleigh Police helping in search of missing Raleigh Durham International Airport worker

http://abc11.com/news/fbi-rpd-helping-in-search-of-missing-rdu-worker/2156930/

Forgive my ignorance, but is it normal for FBI to be involved in a missing person case this early, and with the possibility she left on her own? I guess I'm asking what makes this case different than the hundreds of other missing person cases that don't involve the FBI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance, but is it normal for FBI to be involved in a missing person case this early, and with the possibility she left on her own? I guess I'm asking what makes this case different than the hundreds of other missing person cases that don't involve the FBI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO only - international airport for one, and yes, my hunch is they suspect kidnapping. In Yingying's case (missing in Illinois, thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Yingying-Zhang-26-Urbana-9-June-2017-2/page2) the FBI came in pretty quickly as well and the theory among many is that Yingying was kidnapped. (forgive me if you are on Yingying's thread and aware of all this already.)

Long-time lurker, sometime poster - I live about 10 minutes from RDU and have been following the story closely.

Is it possible she wanted to take a break, & left her phone so she couldn't get tracked? Perhaps she brought her debit card and keys because that's all she needed to bolt. Praying she returns safe & sound!

:welcome: to this thread, Jadenn -- we're glad you joined our discussion!

I was thinking maybe someone told her that her car had to be moved (security) or told her it had been hit in the parking lot. Maybe someone was hiding and waiting for her. Really just grasping at straws. Hope she is found safe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

RDU isn't really a small airport per se. I guess it depends on perspective. It is an international airport.

I think of it as small-mid-sized because I used to fly into/out of major hubs, but it's weirdly inconvenient given its size. You can get to your car much faster at Kennedy or LaGuardia or Detroit.

I think of it as small-mid-sized because I used to fly into/out of major hubs, but it's weirdly inconvenient given its size. You can get to your car much faster at Kennedy or LaGuardia or Detroit.
I think that is because it used to be a hub for American Airlines. Haven't been there in years, but it can be a hike to get anywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

IMO only - international airport for one, and yes, my hunch is they suspect kidnapping. In Yingying's case (missing in Illinois, thread here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Yingying-Zhang-26-Urbana-9-June-2017-2/page2) the FBI came in pretty quickly as well and the theory among many is that Yingying was kidnapped. (forgive me if you are on Yingying's thread and aware of all this already.)

Thank you -- I was not aware of Yingying's case. Awful.

This case also sort of reminds of the Danielle Stislicki case... last seen heading to her parking lot at work... I am hoping this comes to a happier and faster end.

http://wncn.com/2017/06/28/fbi-rale...r-rdu-employee-who-never-returned-from-break/

I hadn't seen where the FBI was involved before.
Also, is it me or is it strange that it says her debit card was used a Shell gas station and cops went to 3 and no one remembered her.....shouldn't her bank be able to say exactly which Shell it was? And I'd think they'd hopefully all have some sort of video surveillance.

That is weird. I would think that the specific shell location would be easily available, too. I also think that the chances of someone remembering her at a gas station are exceedingly small given that many people pay for gas at the pump and don't interact with the people inside at all. I hope they can figure out which shell soon, or at least ask the three "suspect" shells to please hold their security tapes for the time being, or better yet, turn them over.

At most airports, employees park a good distance from the terminals and ride a shuttle into work. RDU is smaller and may not have said shuttle service, but just thought I'd point that out. They are also more likely to ride the shuttle OUT to their car as well, which - if RDU has one - it doesn't make the timeline all that improbable.

There are employee parking lots on Aviation near Sheets gas station.There have been car break in's in the past in the lots. Note that the Sheets has a large parking that people use to wait for flight pick up's.

A few years ago there was a case that I followed here on websleuths. I can't recall the name of the missing young lady. I can't remember many details. She was apparently standing in line at airport. She did not get on the plane. Her luggage was found either outside the doors or in garage. I wish I knew her name and if she was found. I am thinking it was a Texas airport.

Sorry but I fly a great deal, mostly International and Raleigh is much faster to get your car than those. Not important moving on to Allison.

I think that is because it used to be a hub for American Airlines. Haven't been there in years, but it can be a hike to get anywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RDU has had a major revamping over the last few years.

Sorry but I fly a great deal, mostly International and Raleigh is much faster to get your car than those. Not important moving on to Allison.

I guess the point was difficult to follow: the size of the airport is deceptive and that it would have taken her some time to get to her car. It looks tiny, it is very small, but the way the access road loops around makes anything that requires a shuttle a surprisingly long ride. Not similar to other small airports, like: Westchester County, Providence, Manchester, NH, Portland, ME, Greensboro, NC, Toledo, OH, etc. etc. etc.

I'm thinking voluntary missing on this one.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea.

Will keep following .....

I'm also leaning that way.

Three things I find very odd/noteworthy:

- the speed of her disappearance. Some here who know the airport have said the timeline is extremely tight to get from Starbucks to her car and out of the airport in 10 minutes. This could mean she had carefully planned her 'exit' beforehand.

- someone upthread reported she exited the building where she works via a different route than the usual, her roommate said, through the exit where the trash is kept, was it? Why would she do that? So she doesn't run into someone on her way out who might want to chat or ask her something, and interfere with her plan?

- she took her debit card that. If she pumped gas a few days ago and the charge showed later, and she took her card on purpose, it makes no sense since there was no money left on it. If OTOH she pumped gas after she left the airport, using all the money she had left on it, and using it in an area opposite from where she lives, it again points to voluntary disappearance imho.

Maybe on her trip to Wake Forrest a week ago (?) she met someone there and on Monday went to see them again. Maybe she has a secret lover. jmo

I feel there was a kind of urgency in the way she left. Either she urgently needed to see someone, or she urgently needed to get away and be alone, or she felt overwhelmed at work, had a panic attack, or something. I don't think she just went to get a snack or the insurance card, and I feel an assault or abduction wouldn't fit in the tight timeline, and would probably also leave signs at the scene.

MOO and I might be totally wrong.

A few years ago there was a case that I followed here on websleuths. I can't recall the name of the missing young lady. I can't remember many details. She was apparently standing in line at airport. She did not get on the plane. Her luggage was found either outside the doors or in garage. I wish I knew her name and if she was found. I am thinking it was a Texas airport.

I remember that case. Jeanne Rysiewicz. I can't find a thread on her here and I am pretty sure there was one. Not really anything about her being found in the news that I can find. But I swear I read somewhere that she had joined up with a religious anti-abortion group.

https://liarcatchers.wordpress.com/tag/jeanne-rysiewicz/

Snip: "[FONT=&quot]Edward thinks that after finding religious material in her abandoned suitcase that she might have joined a church or religious group in Texas" [/FONT]

I guess the point was difficult to follow: the size of the airport is deceptive and that it would have taken her some time to get to her car. It looks tiny, it is very small, but the way the access road loops around makes anything that requires a shuttle a surprisingly long ride. Not similar to other small airports, like: Westchester County, Providence, Manchester, NH, Portland, ME, Greensboro, NC, Toledo, OH, etc. etc. etc.

Agreed. Most of the lots take some time to get to but it's hard to say without knowing exactly which lot she was parked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth