NC NC - Asha Degree, 9, Shelby, 14 Feb 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching her case on TV right now on "Find Our Missing"! So heartbreaking that her parents still have no answers, but glad that Asha's name is still in the public eye, even after all these years. Praying for a resolution to come soon!

Watching her case on TV right now on "Find Our Missing"! So heartbreaking that her parents still have no answers, but glad that Asha's name is still in the public eye, even after all these years. Praying for a resolution to come soon!

:goodpost:

The parts where her family spoke were heartbreaking . . . especially when her brother spoke. They seemed to be very close as they are only 11 months apart in age, if I remember what they said correctly. :(

:bump: for Asha. :beats:

hwFaWnZ.jpg

Asha Degree's 23rd birthday is this August. Where is she? :(

Snipped:

Two motorists reported seeing her walking south on Highway 18 north of Shelby at approximately 4:00 a.m. Asha was apparently near the intersection of Highway 180 at the time. She left the highway at this point and walked off into the darkness. It was the last confirmed sighting of the child.

Asha & I share our birth date.

On August 5 you were 23, Asha! Help us find you, pretty girl.

:Happybirthday:

The most haunting question: WHY was Asha walking alongside a highway at 4 AM???

I just came across this case again and realized how it still haunts me. I'm sorry if this post restates things already mentioned in previous pages. These are just my current thoughts.

Some accuse the father of foul play by asking the questions, "Why would he have needed to wait up that night for the heater to cool? Was there molestation going on inside of the household? Etc." I personally don't want to believe too much in this theory, but it is a possibility which has many sensible explanations.

Another theory that I have seen pop up is that she was possibly sleep walking and fell prey to a predator. I've never heard of cases of young children sleep walking to the extent of leaving the home dressed with a bag and all, but I think that it's quite possible.

Regardless, I just wanted to share on this thread and bring her story some life and love. We haven't forgotten you, Asha.

I am baffled about her leaving the house alone at 4am. I have a daughter her age and there is nothing that would get her out the door at that hour. I can't even imagine someone being able to lure a child that age out of their house at that time. Most children that age aren't interested in the opposite sex at least not in a way that would get them to sneak out. I looked up the weather for that day and the low was 31 degrees, pretty cold to venture out in the dark. I thought about her being inspired by the book they were reading at school to go off on an adventure and I might consider it a possibility if it she disappeared during the day but at 4am and 31 degrees? I just can't make the leap.

This poor girl. However she got out the door, I feel she is no longer with us and that makes me incredibly sad.

I am baffled about her leaving the house alone at 4am. I have a daughter her age and there is nothing that would get her out the door at that hour. I can't even imagine someone being able to lure a child that age out of their house at that time. Most children that age aren't interested in the opposite sex at least not in a way that would get them to sneak out. I looked up the weather for that day and the low was 31 degrees, pretty cold to venture out in the dark. I thought about her being inspired by the book they were reading at school to go off on an adventure and I might consider it a possibility if it she disappeared during the day but at 4am and 31 degrees? I just can't make the leap.

This poor girl. However she got out the door, I feel she is no longer with us and that makes me incredibly sad.

I totally agree. When I was her age I would have been much too afraid of the dark to go walking down a road alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was it usually dark when she left for school? Did she use an alarm clock? There was a blackout that night, so could it have reset her alarm time so that it went off earlier? The digital clocks in the house (microwave, dvd etc)would've shown the wrong time if they hadn't been reset, could she have mistakenly thought it was time to leave for school?

I agree! I am also so baffled by this! I was never afraid of the dark, but going out by myself during the odd hours of the night is something I only did once. It was on the night of July 4th and we got home late. I had to put my neighbor's dog in for the night because they were away, so it was after midnight and I biked over there myself. It was one minute away (I was about 15), and I was terrified because it was dark out and after midnight. I was especially scared of going near a busy road at night, for fear of someone trying to kidnap me or accidentally hitting me. Knowing this, I am BAFFLED of what would entice her out of the house at 4 am! Maybe that stuff didn't scare her?

I just came across this case again and realized how it still haunts me. I'm sorry if this post restates things already mentioned in previous pages. These are just my current thoughts.

Some accuse the father of foul play by asking the questions, "Why would he have needed to wait up that night for the heater to cool? Was there molestation going on inside of the household? Etc." I personally don't want to believe too much in this theory, but it is a possibility which has many sensible explanations.

Another theory that I have seen pop up is that she was possibly sleep walking and fell prey to a predator. I've never heard of cases of young children sleep walking to the extent of leaving the home dressed with a bag and all, but I think that it's quite possible.

Regardless, I just wanted to share on this thread and bring her story some life and love. We haven't forgotten you, Asha.
I never thought thst Asha could have been sleep walking and I as well feel that very much could of been the case. Perhaps she got hit by a car while sleep walking to school and the perp hif her body somewhere JMO and :twocents:

So much for the alarm theory. Maybe she could've been sleepwalking? In the article below her Mum says she'd sometimes be found sleeping by her brothers bed. There's no chance she met someone online unless she had computer access away from home. She was seen walking earlier than I realised too.

http://www.jetmag.com/news/iquilla-degree-where-is-my-daughter/

I woke up on Feb. 14, 2000 at 5:45am. The alarm went off for my children to go to school at 6:30am. I went to the bathroom, two feet away from the door, to start the bath water because they could not take a bath the night before since we had a power outage. I opened their bedroom door. My son O’Bryant was under the covers, as he usually slept. I called his name and he jumped up, as usual. I realized that Asha was not in her bed. I looked beside his bed because sometimes she would get up at night and lay there.

<<snipped>>

Two motorists had spotted her that morning, at 3:30am and 4:15am. That&#8217;s when they stopped looking at me as if I had something to do with it. We didn&#8217;t even have a computer because every time you turned on the TV there was some pedophile who had lured somebody&#8217;s child away.

On Charley Project, it says when the two motorists (apparently both truck drivers) saw her walking down South on Highway 18, she was last seen at the intersection Highway 180 about one mile form her home. They claim she left the highway at this point and walked off into the darkness. This is sooo odd to me!!! If I was a 9 year old girl, I'd be terrified. Why did she walk off into the darkness? Does this mean a passing motorist off Highway 18 did not take her? Since meeting someone off the internet is unlikely for her, is it possible she was meeting an adult she trusted? Maybe an adult person she knew from her friends or maybe an adult from the school?
I just find it so weird to think she may have met another child out there that night, and even the scenario of her being taken by a stranger seems odd...The findings of her backpack buried off of Highway 18 being double-wrapped in black trash bag 26 miles in the opposite direction she was walking (with her clothes in it too) makes me feel like this is something that will turn into a homicide investigation. With the evidence that was found, I really don't feel like she was alive for long after she vanished, and it's so heart breaking to think that.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/degree_asha.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member