GUILTY NC - Bianca Tanner, 31, Charlotte, 8 June 2014

I think the above article explains the reason for the boyfriend's arrest - contributing to the delinquency of a minor can also include committing a crime in front of the minor.

I also see that it's been changed to a homicide investigation. So sad for Bianca and also for her little boy, who more than likely saw his mother murdered. :(

bbm

Warrant issued for Bianca Tanner’s boyfriend for contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile

....CHARLOTTE, N.C. — An arrest warrant has been issued for the boyfriend of missing Guilford County teacher Bianca Tanner for contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile.

WSOC-TV reported that officials have not said if the warrant issued Sunday is connected to Tanner’s case.

Smith reported his girlfriend, Tanner, missing on June 8. A search warrant said Smith told police he and Tanner got into an argument over a text message.

The search for the 31-year-old teacher is being called a homicide investigation. No suspects have been named.....

http://myfox8.com/2014/06/23/warran...ontributing-to-the-delinquency-of-a-juvenile/

I think the above article explains the reason for the boyfriend's arrest - contributing to the delinquency of a minor can also include committing a crime in front of the minor.

I also see that it's been changed to a homicide investigation. So sad for Bianca and also for her little boy, who more than likely saw his mother murdered. :(

bbm

As you probably already know, this is also posted here.. NC NC - Bianca Tanner, 31, Charlotte, 8 June 2014 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community and of course it's got a good bit more info and input. Just FYI. This thread probably needs to be moved over there anyway.

This happens, to the surprise of hopefully no one...

Police: Missing teacher, Bianca Tanner's, boyfriend 'on the run'
attachment.php

The Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office told WBTV Tuesday that the boyfriend of missing teacher Bianca Tanner, Angelo Grayson Smith, Junior, is "on the run." Sunday, an arrest warrant was filed for Smith concerning a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. That warrant came two weeks after Bianca Tanner disappeared. Tanner is a former teacher in the Greensboro area who recently moved to Charlotte with her three-year-old son. Police are calling the case a homicide.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/25841512/arrest-warrant-issue-for-bianca-tanners-boyfriend

I thought they would be watching this man in case he slipped up??

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/Friend-of-missing-teachers-boyfriend-calls-him-brilliant-charming-264476961.html

Smith graduated from North Carolina A&T and has a master’s degree in industrial engineering...

Sources and the friend describe Smith as very self assured, borderline cocky -- the kind of man who doesn’t mind telling you what he thinks and doesn’t care if you agree with him on not.

Smith’s friend also called him charming, not the type of person you would think of as abusive, although his lengthy criminal history of allegedly battering women says otherwise.

Well they can't get prosecuted for murder or attempted murder if they haven't committed that crime. And for other crimes they do commit... they may get arrested but then the charges get dropped or they get convicted but get out of jail or get probation or whatever...

I personally would not have anything to do with a guy who'd been in prison, but that's just me and how I was raised. Once a troublemaker...the potential is always there. No thanks.

But lots of women are different and don't understand the risks. And, as we know, domestic violence is alive and well and proliferates across all socioeconomic strata, all ages, etc. So even someone whose never been in jail or other trouble before can still become an abuser and can still escalate to homicidal violence.

Amen to all that, Madeleine! I am grateful that I have been sheltered from all that since I have been married for 30+ years...

But we here on WS have seen it & seen it & seen it. And we usually see it "backwards," i.e. beginning with the murder which is often actually the last act of the DV cycle.

LE hates it & fights in any way they legally are able; judges do the same; but when the victim decides not to prosecute, able hands are tied. And we know what happens next...

A co-worker of mine -- we were not close at all, but I knew who she was -- was gunned down in her own driveway by her ex-husband, as she was getting in her car. Sound familiar? And, as so often happens, 2 young children were left with no mother and an LWOP father for the rest of their lives. An unbelievable burden no child should have to bear.

Nancy, Michelle, Janet, and Laura come to mind without my having to stop to think of whom we have "known" here and for whom we have cried here. And we see no light at the end of this tunnel. Not a dayam glimmer.

Sorry for the rant. It's so difficult not to get launched when facing this kind of horror.

Thanks for the link OkieGranny! So the descriptive words for this guy are brilliant, charming, very self assured, & borderline cocky. Sounds like a dangerous combination, especially since he has an outstanding warrant for assaulting a female. I bet he is very controlling too! I wish we knew more about the text message that caused the argument...was it too/from BT or AS phone?

I hope LE has subpoenaed AS' bank records and cell phone records. My guess is that he has bought one of those untraceable phones by now if he is really that brilliant. Hopefully LE has sent out a BOLO for this to other agencies.

This case is beginning to sound a lot like Lacy Peterson's case. To me anyway. All JMO

Excuse me? Blame the victim? Yes, the bf chooses to beat her....she chose to move in with him. Allow her little boy to be around the person who beat her. Now, she is most likely dead. Little one is motherless. Choices can make a person a victim. I wish with all my heart that Bianca had been able to choose wisely. It appears that she didn't. Maybe she figured it out but it was too late.

I think ALOT more goes on in a woman's head than a simple choice, as you make it seem. It sounds like she had been abused in the past, was abused recently, and was probably mentally worn down. When you continue to experience abuse, it becomes your "normal". You don't have the ability to look at it objectively from the outside when you are in her position. Along with the physical abuse, I'm sure it was mental, to the point where she felt she couldn't be without him. That's how abuse works. The abuser has all of the power.

"Contributing to delinquency and neglect by parents and others." It states the following:

Person to be charged must be at least 16 years of age and;
Knowingly or willfully,
Cause, encourage or aid any juvenile to be in a place or condition,
Or to commit an act whereby the juvenile could be adjudicated delinquent, undisciplined, abused or neglected.
It is not required that the juvenile actually be adjudicated in order for the person to be charged.
A violation of this statute is a Class 1 misdemeanor."

Sorry I don't know how to copy and paste this, as well as the link, but it seems he could be charged with contributing to the delinquency for having the child in a situation where he could be adjudicated abused or neglected.
Wow, I wish some parents I have come in contact with would have been charged with that! I think it's mainly to get him back to continue the investigation.
Prayers and love to that little boy!

AS has had assault charges for one wife, one girlfriend, one man, and he also was charged with burning a schoolhouse! http://charlotte.twcnews.com/conten...-has-history-of-domestic-violence-complaints/

Clearly imho, he is a dangerous man. I do wish that that had been more clear to Bianca and her family :( I wish folks would avoid people with records like that, seriously. It's a big deal :(

I don't have much hope for Bianca's safety. No, it's a common, old, and terrible story that shouldn't keep happening, imo. I don't know what's wrong with him, but I hope evidence puts him away forever if he did what I think he did.

I'm not close enough to help search, especially with gas prices the way they are, but I hope folks organize searches and find her soon. He's lawyered up, so time is of the essence to preserve evidence (because he won't be talking, I mean). I also hope neighbors call in about him leaving with his car, etc! I pray that somebody noticed something.

Being in an abusive relationship is so much more than a choice. I wish I could explain it. I came from an abusive marriage (thankfully I am happily married to a man that treats me like a princess) and it's not as easy as one would think to leave. Especially, when you are scared. I have to sit back and watch his new women go through the same thing and I can't do a damn thing about it. They won't listen to me, until it is too late. I hate abuse. It's a horrible thing to go through and try to break away from. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77
Back