NC NC - Blake Deven & London Deven, missing dates and ages are uncertain, FBI involved, Fayetteville

Not much info that we didn’t already know. Gives dates of petition and adoption for both children. An curious tidbit re: someone confirmed that (adoptive mother) did adopt the children but “that person has left the household” (…am I overthinking that sentence?) also states this person does want to speak to media but has been advised by police not to.

(bolded by me)
We know that Blake and London were adopted by Avantae Deven, <modsnip: no link/FB comments>

If there were at least <mod edit> 2 children fostered/adopted by the Avantae Deven, it wouldn't be a stretch to think that there might have been more children fostered/adopted who might now be adults who left the home in the normal way kids do when they grow up. Or perhaps an ex who was with Avantae before or after the adoptions. I think something like that is probably all it means...unless there is something else you were overthinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there's proof Blake was last seen at Walmart in 2022, but it sounds like the fact London went missing in 2019 came entirely from accounts from her adopted family? Are there any records of her past 2007? Did she get a drivers liscense, graduate high school, etc? You'd think there would be at least some evidence of her being alive between the last picture of her being taken in 2007 and the time she apparently "left home" in 2019. This is scary.

ETA: Seeing the source that AD filed a petition to adopt London in 2011. But that's still a long time without anything on her.

So there's proof Blake was last seen at Walmart in 2022, but it sounds like the fact London went missing in 2019 came entirely from accounts from her adopted family? Are there any records of her past 2007? Did she get a drivers liscense, graduate high school, etc? You'd think there would be at least some evidence of her being alive between the last picture of her being taken in 2007 and the time she apparently "left home" in 2019. This is scary.

ETA: Seeing the source that AD filed a petition to adopt London in 2011. But that's still a long time without anything on her.
trying to backread now to see if I have missed some update -

but DO we know there is PROOF Blake was last seen at Walmart? I know that is what we've been told but I have watched a lot of cases where initially LE tell us what they have been told and later it turns out that is absolutely NOT true and no PROOF was ever in existence. Erica Parsons for example and Codi Bigsby for a more recent one. JMO

ETA
Blake was last seen in 2022 and is now 17 years old. While investigating Blake’s case, Fayetteville police learned another relative, London, went missing in 2019.
[snip]
Investigators with the FBI said the most recent photo of London was taken around 2007 when she was likely 12 years old. Police said the Deven family last saw Blake in 2022.
North Carolina home search related to 2 family disappearances, FBI says

Last edited:
trying to backread now to see if I have missed some update -

but DO we know there is PROOF Blake was last seen at Walmart? I know that is what we've been told but I have watched a lot of cases where initially LE tell us what they have been told and later it turns out that is absolutely NOT true and no PROOF was ever in existence. Erica Parsons for example and Codi Bigsby for a more recent one. JMO

ETA
Blake was last seen in 2022 and is now 17 years old. While investigating Blake’s case, Fayetteville police learned another relative, London, went missing in 2019.
[snip]
Investigators with the FBI said the most recent photo of London was taken around 2007 when she was likely 12 years old. Police said the Deven family last saw Blake in 2022.
North Carolina home search related to 2 family disappearances, FBI says
From this presser:

He said Blake was last seen at a Walmart on Ramsey Street”
“Police said they were able to "independently confirm" that London hasn't been seen since”

Im not sure how you “independently confirm” someone hasn’t been seen in 5 years. Just talking to neighbours ? Do they have bank accounts? Do they have video from Walmart of Blake’s last sighting but they’re just not sharing with us ?

From this presser:

He said Blake was last seen at a Walmart on Ramsey Street”
“Police said they were able to "independently confirm" that London hasn't been seen since”
Im not sure how you “independently confirm” someone hasn’t been seen in 5 years. Just talking to neighbours ? Do they have bank accounts? Do they have video from Walmart of Blake’s last sighting but they’re just not sharing with us ?

He said. but he did not say it was independently confirmed re Blake. Meaning he is likely parroting what he was told. MOO the reason they are asking the public's help and have reiterated it so many times in the presser is they are trying to confirm if that is indeed the last sighting of Blake or if it is even a true sighting. There is a reason LE have searched three separate former residences, including ones that predate the alleged last sighting of Blake in 2022.

Authorities are asking anyone who has encountered Blake, London, or the Deven family since 2015 to contact authorities. Officers are still attempting to piece together the timeline of the relatives’ disappearances.
[snip]
The last photo of Blake Deven available to investigators is from approximately 2012.
Fayetteville Police and FBI ask public's help to find Devens

MOO they haven't been able to confirm when Blake was last seen alive. They have somehow independently been able to confirm when someone outside the Deven family last saw London. If they had some confirmation about the Walmart stuff they would not be asking about encounters prior to 2022.

"We're asking the public to think back over this long period of time and if anyone came in contact with Blake and London or other members of the Deven family, we want to hear from you," the chief said last week. "Detectives are piecing together a timeline of events and seeking information from anyone who had interacted with or made observations of Blake and London at any time.
Biological aunt of missing Fayetteville teen: 'Why did it take so long to report it?'

New article from bio moms sister, behind paywall for me

-- Blake's birthname is Trenton Dawayne Shuler.
-- "At least three" locations, at least one of them a former Deven family home, in Fayetteville were searched. (This may be the Berriedale Drive house.)
-- Avantae Deven, 61, reported Blake missing at the Ramsey Street Walmart on Jan. 19, 2024. She said he was a runaway last seen on Aug. 1, 2022. The third page of the incident report lists his last-seen date as Nov. 30, 2022 at the Berriedale Drive house. (Odd that these are both "easy" dates to remember, first and last of the month, but that may or may not be important.)
-- She reported him last seen wearing a red t-shirt and black jeans and carrying a black hiking-style backpack with buckles and red writing.

Police have not said what happened since January to prompt the recent property searches.

So...at this point, maybe the last sighting for Blake at the Ramsey Street Walmart is incorrect, since no mention is made of Blake, only AD, being in the store, and on an entirely different date.

I wonder if AD was involved in some incident at the Walmart and offered the "coincidental" information that her child was missing for two years in an attempt to deflect attention from the incident. In which case, that backfired epically.

Last edited:
Avantae Deven, 61, reported Blake missing at the Ramsey Street Walmart on Jan. 19, 2024. She said he was a runaway last seen on Aug. 1, 2022. The third page of the incident report lists his last-seen date as Nov. 30, 2022 at the Berriedale Drive house.
Biological aunt of missing Fayetteville teen: 'Why did it take so long to report it?'

So per A. Deven, Blake ran away in either August or November of 2022. But for some reason, she opted to report him missing at a Walmart on January 19, 2024? That makes zero sense. Literally zero. Something happened at that Walmart that prompted authorities to become involved and him to be reported missing. Someone (maybe @carbuff) a few pages back speculated that perhaps Blake's being reported missing had something to do with finances (ie. stimulus/benefits for foster/adopted children/etc).

Per this link the Ramsey Street Walmart does offer a Woodforest Bank location. Which makes me go hmmmm and wonder if @carbuff is on the right track. Perhaps some sort of financial fraud was uncovered suspected which prompted questions to come up about Blake and where he was which started a whole ball rolling.

Last edited:
So she reported him missing in January, but police found out in March? That doesn't make sense.

Has anyone seen the incident report that the Fayetteville Observer is saying the police "released"? Fayetteville PD has this website Fayetteville Police Department P2C for looking up incidents, but I couldn't find it, and I couldn't find any other media reporting on this incident report (yet).

the fact that Blake was reported as a runaway in January at a Walmart by his adoptive mother and there was no missing persons report until March lines up with the fact that LE were not called to the Walmart to receive a report of a missing person but for some other reason and during their interaction with someone over that reason they became aware of Blake. A. Deven claimed he was a runaway. It probably took them several months of investigating whatever the initial incident was and the statements given to realize Blake wasn't a runaway, he was MIA/Missing. JMO

Avantae Deven, 61, reported Blake missing at the Ramsey Street Walmart on Jan. 19, 2024. She said he was a runaway last seen on Aug. 1, 2022. The third page of the incident report lists his last-seen date as Nov. 30, 2022 at the Berriedale Drive house.

So per A. Deven, Blake ran away in either August or November of 2022. But for some reason, she opted to report him missing at a Walmart on January 19, 2024? That makes zero sense. Literally zero. Something happened at that Walmart that prompted authorities to become involved and him to be reported missing. Someone (maybe @carbuff) a few pages back speculated that perhaps Blake's being reported missing had something to do with finances (ie. stimulus/benefits for foster/adopted children/etc).

Per this link the Ramsey Street Walmart does offer a Woodforest Bank location. Which makes me go hmmmm and wonder if @carbuff is on the right track. Perhaps some sort of financial fraud was uncovered suspected which prompted questions to come up about Blake and where he was which started a whole ball rolling.
I listened to The Presser numerous times, and did notice that the reporter stated the complaint was filed at a Walmart location. It's really hard to hear on the tape I had to play it back several times. I found it odd, and then put it down to the fact that I just didn't hear correctly. Surely they didn't say it the report was filed at Walmart, odd.

Moo

I listened to The Presser numerous times, and did notice that the reporter stated the complaint was filed at a Walmart location. It's really hard to hear on the tape I had to play it back several times. I found it odd, and then put it down to the fact that I just didn't hear correctly. Surely they didn't say it the report was filed at Walmart, odd.

Moo
yeah, good point, I didn't hear anything about the report being filed at a Walmart either in the presser and I listed hard. All I heard was that he was allegedly last seen at the Walmart.

But the article I most recently quoted indicates the news org has read the incident report from January 19, 2024, surely they know how to read an incident report and cipher where and when the report is being made?

I went and looked through the publicly available incident reports for the entire month of January at the Ramsey street Walmart. Several shoplifting/retail theft incidents, none with any name I recognize as related to this case. I went one further and looked for any with Woodforest bank at that location and found zip nada.

I want to see this report Fayetteville Observer claims LE released and they have read.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566
Back