GUILTY NC - Brittany Smith, pregnant, found deceased, Wendell, 4 Feb 2021 *arrests*

Living in a tent, with a space heater, Smith had troubled life before disappearance :: WRAL.com

WENDELL, N.C. — A pregnant woman reported missing over the weekend was apparently homeless and had been living in a tent, according to a man who tried to help her.

Wendell homeowner Dale Williams said he allowed Brittany Smith to stay in the woods behind his house with her boyfriend after the couple got rousted from a home where there were squatting.

"They obtained a tent, and they asked if they could pitch it here," Williams said.

What he expected would be a stay of a couple of weeks extended for months.

"Brittney‘s grandmother bought her a space heater, and we ran a drop line to an outlet so they could have heat," he said. "I’ve been doing their laundry, and they come in to shower."

Williams said that, although Smith could have screaming fights with her boyfriend, he could not be responsible for her disappearance.

"I think it’s kind of ludicrous to implicate him because he doesn’t drive. He doesn’t have a car," Williams said.

Smith, who is 28 years old, about 4 feet 11 inches tall and about 115 pounds, was last seen on Williams’ property in the 200 block of Fox Run Drive last Thursday.

His statements are odd...

WRAL Sloane Heffernan
We are learning more about a missing pregnant woman from Wendell. According to the man in the picture on the right, Brittany Smith & her longtime boyfriend Cody were homeless and living in a tent in his backyard. Moments after our interview, a Wake County deputy showed up and asked us to leave. He told us that the house is now a crime scene. Meantime,
WRAL Keely Arthur
is at another crime scene in Raleigh where a body was found in a suitcase. Brittany’s family is also at that scene. The body has not been identified. Coverage begins at 4pm
WRAL TV

WRAL Sloane Heffernan
We are learning more about a missing pregnant woman from Wendell. According to the man in the picture on the right, Brittany Smith & her longtime boyfriend Cody were homeless and living in a tent in his backyard. Moments after our interview, a Wake County deputy showed up and asked us to leave. He told us that the house is now a crime scene. Meantime,
WRAL Keely Arthur
is at another crime scene in Raleigh where a body was found in a suitcase. Brittany’s family is also at that scene. The body has not been identified. Coverage begins at 4pm
WRAL TV
This has gone all kinds of sideways. I don’t know what to think. Is the bf (Cody?) around?

Oh man, this is not good. She had two kids already, didn’t she? This is just so sad.

I know all of us think “I would never let my family member/loved one sleep on a tent”, but what do you do when your family member/loved one WANTS to sleep on the tent? We don’t know the circumstances of her homelessness, we don’t know if family tried to help her. We don’t know if family could help her. They clearly knew she was homeless and pregnant, they clearly cared enough to get her a space heater. I’m not judging anyone. Life is HARD.

Who has custody of her kids?

I’m a bit confused, was the actual house considered a crime scene or are we just talking about the backyard? Did LE go inside?

Where is her boyfriend? Do we know if he’s alive or is he also missing?

I think this is going to be one of those cases with a bunch of twists and turns. The owner of the house seems... odd.

Pregnant woman's disappearance turns criminal investigation :: WRAL.com

The police tape is around the house, to the back yard around the tent. Cody shows up a few seconds, before driving off.
I wonder if that car is his or a friends. Looks like about a 15 minute drive from the tent to where they found the suitcase.

ETA: I see where the homeowner stated that Cody didn’t have a car and didn’t drive. I guess a friend took him back to the house.

Last edited:

The police tape is around the house, to the back yard around the tent. Cody shows up a few seconds, before driving off.
I wonder if that car is his or a friends. Looks like about a 15 minute drive from the tent to where they found the suitcase.

ETA: I see where the homeowner stated that Cody didn’t have a car and didn’t drive. I guess a friend took him back to the house.
Very odd. I don’t know what to think. It looks like the crime scene tape is around the actual house and not tent, doesn’t it? They are also waiting to go inside the house so... I’m lost.

Thank you for posting. This news video answered some of our questions.
- the boyfriend is alive and came to the tent /house in front of tent while media was there and other people were onsite.
- the crime scene tape is around the house and the tent.
- LE awaiting search warrant to go inside the home.

MOO it seems as though LE knows BS is not returning and have cause to believe she was hurt inside house or near the house/tent.

MOO the homeowner has been very open, even showing the inside of the tent.

Very sad case.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73