Deceased/Not Found NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

Wow! Lots of new info, thanks. So, why would nobody in town have reported hearing gunshots? Or did they, and that has not been reported? Strange.
Gun shots are common to hear where I live because of problems with coyote.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did Cole have his hair in a ponytail? It always looked short in the pics I saw.
I was just going to say that... Seems he had sorry hair. This person seemed to have a pony tail.

http://wncn.com/2017/03/10/wake-co-deputies-investigating-possible-human-remains-found-off-i-540/

"It’s not clear if the person was male or female, Harrison said. Authorities believe the person had a ponytail and was wearing a black t-shirt and blue jeans. A paracord bracelet was found near the body, and it appears the person had undergone some sort of surgery that left a plate near his or her hip."

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Here is a description of the remains, which I think were recently added to stormymama's link.
Did he have a ponytail and a steel plate in his hip/pelvic region?
Hm, unless I missed it, it doesn't state it was a male or female.
The body was decomposed, and it appeared the dead person was clothed in a black, short-sleeve shirt and blue jeans. A para cord bracelet was found near the body, and the person's hair was in a ponytail.
The sheriff's office said it appeared the person had had surgery at some point, as a plate was found near the hip and pelvic area.

According to the Find page, there will be a search this Saturday, March 18th. Searchers are to meet at at the Singing Grove in Benson at 8am.

http://www.mydailyrecord.com/eedition/a-main/2017/03/20/searches-continue-for-cole-thomas/

Interesting, I don't think he's stated this before:
“There were statements made concerning shots fired,” Chief Edwards told The Daily Record. “However, there have been no confirmation of that claim to date to my knowledge. Chris Thomas (Cole’s father) is the person who directly told me of the alleged shots fired.”

Chief Edwards goes further by saying there is no indication of a drug deal in Benson the night Mr. Thomas vanished.

“There is no evidence nor any suggestion on behalf of any law enforcement officer, that any drug transaction related to the case took place in Benson, North Carolina,” the chief said.

http://www.mydailyrecord.com/eedition/a-main/2017/03/20/searches-continue-for-cole-thomas/

Interesting, I don't think he's stated this before:
“There were statements made concerning shots fired,” Chief Edwards told The Daily Record. “However, there have been no confirmation of that claim to date to my knowledge. Chris Thomas (Cole’s father) is the person who directly told me of the alleged shots fired.”

Chief Edwards goes further by saying there is no indication of a drug deal in Benson the night Mr. Thomas vanished.

“There is no evidence nor any suggestion on behalf of any law enforcement officer, that any drug transaction related to the case took place in Benson, North Carolina,” the chief said.
Thank you for posting this.
I take it to mean that the information about shots being fired was second or third hand - someone told Chris's father about it and he told police,
And, we only have the statements of his two companions stating it was a drug deal of some kind, which may or may not be reliable. This is just my interpretation of things.

Thank you for posting this.
I take it to mean that the information about shots being fired was second or third hand - someone told Chris's father about it and he told police,
And, we only have the statements of his two companions stating it was a drug deal of some kind, which may or may not be reliable. This is just my interpretation of things.

The article you posted earlier, Alleykins, http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/03/0...s-whereabouts/ is the only place I've seen mention of gunshots, and yes, one of the acquaintances told Chris, Cole's father, about the gunshots. (Only one of the acquaintances said anything about it.) It's been more than four months :sigh:

I'm local and a body was found in the neuse river today about 2:45. LEO isn't saying if body is male or female. It was found here in Smithfield about 15-20 mins from Benson. We've had a lot of flooding the past 2 days.

I have a LEO friend and they're not sure who it is. Body's been in water for at least a few days but they think its male. SBI has been called in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann
Back