NC NC - Daniel Price (found: Christopher Burgess, & Natasha Myers),adults, Davidson County, 23 Jan 2019

Welcome, jbluesky. Please know we here are all very concerned for Danny and hope for the best. I really hate to say it, but I hope the Sheriff can get a warrant soon to check out the house ASAP. I doubt they all three decided to jump up and take a road trip in the pre-dawn hours. Please let your family know we are thinking of them.

Missing man's girlfriend: 'We just want Danny'

The two people initially presumed missing with Daniel Alan Price have told authorities they last saw him in the early morning hours of Jan. 23.

Davidson County investigators were still searching Tuesday for Price who was reported missing Friday.

[...]

Price is a Central Davidson High School graduate who moved back to the county in October after following his family to the coast of N.C. for the past eight years, according to his girlfriend, Jenn Riffe.

In talking with investigators, Burgess and Myers said they had not seen Price for several days, according to Capt. Cory Mann. The pair said they were with Price at an Oakwood Acres home near High Rock Lake the night of Jan. 22 and early the next morning, but that they and Price went their separate ways, Mann said.

Mann said investigators believe Price may have wandered off away from the house.

[...]

Welcome, jbluesky. Please know we here are all very concerned for Danny and hope for the best. I really hate to say it, but I hope the Sheriff can get a warrant soon to check out the house ASAP. I doubt they all three decided to jump up and take a road trip in the pre-dawn hours. Please let your family know we are thinking of them.
Thank you... I'm hoping immediate family to him will join in here as verified insiders, as they know more than I do.

And I agree. The other two are not talking. A warrant needs to happen ASAP for the house and vehicle.

Thinking of Danny. Wishing for good news.

I think it's a bit odd that Danny and Chris own a house together. I wonder if there was some dissension over Chris having a new girlfriend -- maybe issues over living arrangements. Just my random thoughts.

Thinking of Danny. Wishing for good news.

I think it's a bit odd that Danny and Chris own a house together. I wonder if there was some dissension over Chris having a new girlfriend -- maybe issues over living arrangements. Just my random thoughts.
I was wondering if possibly he wasn't keeping up with his end of the payments on the house, or not repairing or replacing things that he and his girlfriend might have used while living there. The place could be a pig sty, run down, trash everywhere type of thing.

It could be so many things. Daniel, I hope you are found soon safe and sound.

Hmm. I could have sworn I read early on that this brand spanking newly dating couple told authorities they had been MIA by they decided to go on a “little (impromptu) vacation”, am I right? My research on the interwebs does not paint them like people who pack a weekender on the fly or that would have the means to, too. Not being judgey but just saying. Unlikely story, in my hublest opinion.

I am sorry to say but from what we are reading, this best friend/brother’s story of an impromptu vacation is very hokey!

Hoping the investigators have thoroughly checked it out.

Friendships don’t always last. They have no timeframe; they can end after forty or fifty years even. A new person in the relationship may be a key problem.

As they're not suspects and no longer missing, I don't think we can talk about that? Not really sure.
I am Daniel Alan Prices Step-Sister. There are many suspicions surrounding Danny's disappearance and our family appreciates people starting threads like these, trying to locate my family.

Danny's two roommates have not been ruled out as suspects since they no-showed for their lie detector test a couple days ago. They have cut off all communications with our family since his disappearance (even though Chris is a long time family friend from grade school with all of the Price brothers and they considered each other like family) and are not trying to help locate Danny in any way. Yes, The day Danny disappeared the two roommates took an impromptu 4 day trip without telling anyone. No family or friends. They didn't take cell charges, clothes or personal care products. Their cell phones were off their entire trip because the two roommates say they were dead.. and the last peace or fact is.. Chis (The roommate) told Danny's brother that Danny was with them when they all left their home on January 23rd.. but then told police they had not seen Danny since the day before on 1/22/19.

We can not take our eye off of the face that another man vanished just south of Danny's lake house who is 36 years old on 01/12/2019. Just 10 days prior to Danny vanishing. Our hearts go out to his family as we know exactly how they feel.

Our family has so many questions and no answers. The two roommates visited North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee and possible West Virginia during their 4 days missing. We are asking anyone who may have saw the two roommates (Either by themselves or with Danny) to please step forward with information.

Dear @Staci4887

Welcome to Websleuths!

I agree this road trip is very suspicious, and I hope police will figure out what happened! I am sorry there has been no news yet that can give you hope.

If you want, you can be a verified insider here which will give you more freedom when posting information that is not covered in mainstream media. Here are the details:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Stay strong!

Submitted information to be verified as an insider
Thank you and I am so very sorry about Danny being missing. How awful, to think they were like brothers, and he was part of your family, until this happened. I think the majority here agree with you on something hinky going on with his roommates, but we can't say much due to the TOS restrictions. That's why you becoming a VI would be wonderful, you can post information without links, so long as it doesn't interfere with the investigation!

I am Daniel Alan Prices Step-Sister. There are many suspicions surrounding Danny's disappearance and our family appreciates people starting threads like these, trying to locate my family.

Danny's two roommates have not been ruled out as suspects since they no-showed for their lie detector test a couple days ago. They have cut off all communications with our family since his disappearance (even though Chris is a long time family friend from grade school with all of the Price brothers and they considered each other like family) and are not trying to help locate Danny in any way. Yes, The day Danny disappeared the two roommates took an impromptu 4 day trip without telling anyone. No family or friends. They didn't take cell charges, clothes or personal care products. Their cell phones were off their entire trip because the two roommates say they were dead.. and the last peace or fact is.. Chis (The roommate) told Danny's brother that Danny was with them when they all left their home on January 23rd.. but then told police they had not seen Danny since the day before on 1/22/19.

We can not take our eye off of the face that another man vanished just south of Danny's lake house who is 36 years old on 01/12/2019. Just 10 days prior to Danny vanishing. Our hearts go out to his family as we know exactly how they feel.

Our family has so many questions and no answers. The two roommates visited North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee and possible West Virginia during their 4 days missing. We are asking anyone who may have saw the two roommates (Either by themselves or with Danny) to please step forward with information.

I would suggest flyers of all three in truckstops and rest areas throughout all those States.

No new leads in two missing man cases

[...]

After Price’s girlfriend had not heard from him for two days, she visited the home and found no one there, which prompted the missing person report. All three individuals who were supposed to be at the home were reported missing on Jan. 25. Two returned within a few days, but Price did not.

Investigators believe Price wandered off from the house, according to Mann. His car was still at the residence when investigators arrived.

The returned couple said they had not seen Price since the early morning hours of Jan. 23 before they left on a vacation.

Similar to the Shoaf case, all known leads have been exhausted in the case of Price’s disappearance.

Mann said investigators with the Sheriff’s Office are using “old fashioned, boots on the ground” methods to locate both missing men. Deputies are speaking with residents in the areas where they were last seen and are trying to gather new leads.

[...]

I am Daniel Alan Prices Step-Sister. There are many suspicions surrounding Danny's disappearance and our family appreciates people starting threads like these, trying to locate my family. [snip]
Welcome to Websleuths. Sorry, I took a few weeks off. It really drains you emotionally. I am so sorry about your missing brother.

It sounds to me (after being on here for many years and seeing lots of missing people cases) like you are on the right track in finding Danny. My advice is to keep the story in the news and on law enforcement's radar as much as you possibly can. I used to think that missing people were always searched for equally. They really aren't. I'm not blaming LE at all. They work very hard and want to find missing people. But there is always too much to do and not enough resources. The squeaky wheel gets the grease for sure.

It sounds like somehow you know where the roommates traveled to. I'd suggest to your detective to make sure that the law enforcement in the furthest location you know about are very familiar with the case. They should have done that already, but you never know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back