Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree -- weather had nothing to do with her wanting to start the car, although it may have been a good excuse when it was cold outside. Even though she was told not to do it and it wasn't cold outside that day, I think she started the car as many of us would have done at that age. We were trying our best to be "older," and a big part of that is driving. In NC, you have to be 16 to have a regular driver's license, but at 13, in Hania's mind, IMO, 13 is not too soon to start thinking about it. I remember asking if I could back the car out of the garage before my mom and I went out, etc.
I think that was all there was to what she did.
I disagree. 77% humidity and the wooded location of the trailer setting create an environment for heavy condensation. My carpool would have been late everyday if I didn't take on this task at Hania's age! MOO

I don’t think letting an underage kid start a car is much of a legal concern, my kid was doing it when she was 8 and I never thought twice about it. It’s not like she’s going to take it for a spin.

Condensation overnight is not just a NC thing, we go through the same thing every fall in IA as well. If I don’t turn on my defroster I find myself driving right into the rising sun and glare makes visibility nearly zero.

LE looking for Hania's Sneakers
The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI are asking that the public be on the lookout for a pair of shoes that belong to 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar.

“Think through what you’ve seen since November 5th, have you seen a discarded pair of shoes, did someone try to sell you shoes, did they show up in a donation bin?
Search For Hania: FBI Asking Public To Be On Lookout For Kidnapped NC Teen's Adidas Sneakers
Is this new?
ETA: I see it's not. Sorry, I haven't been keeping up. I haven't read all the articles yet but I don't see anything about why LE is looking for them. I'll keep reading...
ETA2: So the FBI/LE is just speculating that the abductor might want to get rid of them because they stand out. That's kind of weird IMO but I guess it's worth keeping an eye out for them.

Last edited:
So I have to wonder what makes them believe she is not with her shoes? Are they thinking the kidnappers took them so she can't run, where ever she is. That is a tactic they use, they will keep the person bare foot or naked so they can't take off.

Would not having shoes on, or being naked, prevent you from trying to escape, if you were a hostage?
I don't think this would be a hindrance to the hostage, even if so young.
Your life is at stake, who cares about shoes or lack of clothes.
MOO.

I was just popping in to mention that I just saw the news about the shoes on national tv. I'm guessing they've known all along what kind of shoes she was wearing but are choosing to now give the public a little more to keep the story alive. Good move. Still thinking about Hania, especially during the holidays.

'No One Knows the Pain I Have in my Heart' | The Desperate Search to Find Hania Aguilar
"We've conducted hundreds of interviews, some people we've talked to several times as we get new information and hope to get more details to help us find our Hania," the FBI wrote in a press release.

Hania's mother asks whoever took her daughter to please bring her back home.

"I trust in God that my daughter will return. No one knows the pain I have in my heart. Despite all the criticism and speculation against me, I would never use my daughter’s name in order to take advantage of this situation.

I thank all those people who have provided me help. Please, if you know something, call. I ask everyone not to make absurd comments. For the love of God respect my pain. I only want Hania, my princess, back. I miss her."

"Our approach is that she is alive," said an FBI spokesman. "We have no evidence that indicates otherwise. We are pursuing all logical leads."

Hania Aguilar Still Missing After 3 Weeks
It's been three weeks since 13-year-old Hania Aguilar was snatched from her front yard at Rosewood mobile home park but authorities are not giving up.
  • Lumberton police have interviewed more than 400 people, followed 800 leads, and reviewed hours of survellance video
  • Anyone with information on where Hania is should call the special tip line at 910-272-5871
  • For more information on Hania's disapearence, click here
Meanwhile, authorities are uging anyone with business, home, or deer surveillance cameras in Robeson County to check them and come forward if they see anything suspicious.

I don't think they know for sure, but it would be something they would do if the shoes drew attention to her because they are so distinctive. Just something they are throwing out there.
I know being in HR in a retail setting that the idea of asking a parent of a missing child for an overhead Instore Amber Alert, We always asked about shoes because that is the hardest thing to replace on a missing child and or last thing removed or hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57