NC NC - Helen Fuller, 19, Durham, 24 Nov 1983

Newspapers.com. The Herald Sun, 26 Mar 95, pg 17

View attachment 336182

View attachment 336184
Thanks for the article @HopeRains. Parselli was 68 years old according to the article. I didn't expect that. Clearly he's not likely alive now, as he'd be 107. Either this was a misprint, or it suggests an even stranger scenario, that she was traveling with a guy more than three times her age who was somehow linked to drugs, while still being described as a family man and real estate agent. Was he some kind of grandfatherly drug lord? Whether Parselli retired soon afterward, or he was "disappeared" along with Darlene, it's understandable why nobody has ever found any more info about him.

it's understandable why nobody has ever found any more info about him.

Perhaps the name was a misprint in the paper and then just got duplicated everywhere incorrectly. The article posted indicated her family thought she was likely involved in drugs given her weight loss and her teenage brother finding a bag of white powder (no mention of how big this bag was) in the rental car. I do think it's very possible their disappearance is both drug and motorcycle club related. The rental car had a motorcycle club belt buckle in it and no drugs. That buckle was meant to be found.

Perhaps the name was a misprint in the paper and then just got duplicated everywhere incorrectly. The article posted indicated her family thought she was likely involved in drugs given her weight loss and her teenage brother finding a bag of white powder (no mention of how big this bag was) in the rental car. I do think it's very possible their disappearance is both drug and motorcycle club related. The rental car had a motorcycle club belt buckle in it and no drugs. That buckle was meant to be found.
I was referring to his age (68) possibly being a misprint. He would have been a good bit older than Darlene's parents if it was correct. BTW they both appear to be deceased now as well. Her mother's obit says Darlene had preceded her, yet also "even after 27 years , Joann never gave up hope of her daughter Darlene returning home."
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/newsobserver/name/josephine-fuller-obituary?id=12760646

But you're right about the name possibly being wrong too: an earlier post suggested that Parselli's correct name had been found in Florida records but the OP never responded to questions with a link or any other information about that. Maybe a newspaper from the Hollywood FL area around that time might have some real estate listings with his correct name?

I was referring to his age (68) possibly being a misprint. He would have been a good bit older than Darlene's parents if it was correct. BTW they both appear to be deceased now as well. Her mother's obit says Darlene had preceded her, yet also "even after 27 years , Joann never gave up hope of her daughter Darlene returning home."
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/newsobserver/name/josephine-fuller-obituary?id=12760646

But you're right about the name possibly being wrong too: an earlier post suggested that Parselli's correct name had been found in Florida records but the OP never responded to questions with a link or any other information about that. Maybe a newspaper from the Hollywood FL area around that time might have some real estate listings with his correct name?

Thanks Curious, I understand. I certainly don't know what their relationship may have been, but whatever it was it was enough for him to travel out of state and spend Thanksgiving with her and not his family in Florida. I hadn't thought about his age in reference to her parents, that is interesting. I have also wondered about where the grandmother lived and how big that "bag of cocaine" her brother saw in the rental car actually was.

I'll doing some searching around more in newspapers.com - I did find some legal notices regarding forfeiture of property in Seminole, FL in the classified section, 1992 papers, for a person with a name "close" to Parselli.

The report of Phil's age is correct. Him and his wife were older. They supposedly had no kids, however, I found multiple reports of children with the same last name - one being a power of attorney from his wife to their son, and an affidavit that was signed by Phil's wife stating that Phil was missing as of September '83. Phil was arrested along with Helen multiple times from their home in Hollywood, FL on charges of drugs, weapons, and gambling. There are also police reports and arrest records of the siblings of Phil and his children being arrested. I won't publish his actual last name as he doesn't have an official missing person's report filed, and quite frankly, after speaking with the detective on this case, I know there are really scary people at play here. For my safety, I will not and cannot do that. If I could file a missing person's report for Phil, I would, but I am not family. I am just a citizen who is/was very interested in Helen's case.

I do think it's very possible their disappearance is both drug and motorcycle club related. The rental car had a motorcycle club belt buckle in it and no drugs. That buckle was meant to be found.
rsbm

I think you're right. The buckle, and the car's location, were probably both meant as a message. MOO. Back then, South of the Border was a much better known landmark, as well as a major tourist trap, for anyone traveling north or south on I-95.

The report of Phil's age is correct. Him and his wife were older. They supposedly had no kids, however, I found multiple reports of children with the same last name - one being a power of attorney from his wife to their son, and an affidavit that was signed by Phil's wife stating that Phil was missing as of September '83. Phil was arrested along with Helen multiple times from their home in Hollywood, FL on charges of drugs, weapons, and gambling. There are also police reports and arrest records of the siblings of Phil and his children being arrested. I won't publish his actual last name as he doesn't have an official missing person's report filed, and quite frankly, after speaking with the detective on this case, I know there are really scary people at play here. For my safety, I will not and cannot do that. If I could file a missing person's report for Phil, I would, but I am not family. I am just a citizen who is/was very interested in Helen's case.
So, was he actually a real estate broker? Or nah? (If you’re comfortable answering, that is.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back