NC NC - Joshua Morris, Chapel Hill, 18 April 2023

I hope I’m listing this correctly. If not maybe someone else can correctly post. Last seen leaving hotel at 3am looking distressed.
Yes, you listed it well, kudos for finding the NamUs link. The location of Chapel Hill looks correct too, as that portion of town is actually in Durham County. Only thing missing in your post is the NC tag. I'll flag this message so an admin can add it.

I'm local and I saw a poster about Morris yesterday along the American Tobacco Trail, a rail trail (aka greenway) not very far from where he went missing. I have not seen any local media coverage about him and came here to Websleuths to see if there was any info. And there was. Thx.

I've seen his poster in numerous locations in Chapel Hill/Carrboro (Orange County - telephone polls, copy machine at the library, busstops, etc) and also in Chatham County (the "Chapel Hill" side of Pittsboro - in shopping center windows, etc). If he was last seen at Farrington Rd/Hwy 54 hotel (likely Hampton Inn), then this puts him right at the Orange County/Durham County line and about a 1 block walk to I-40 (East to West across the country) as well as all of the interchanges in between. This whole "right at the county line" thing may not be all that great, quite honestly, the hotel has a Chapel Hill address but is under Durham PD. If the jurisdiction was Chapel Hill PD, I feel certain more mediation attention would have been/would be given.

Also, hotel footage on the night of disappearance - that area is laden with commercial enterprises = one would think that surveillance cameras in that area would have picked him up after he left the hotel. If he headed towards I-40 from the hotel (assuming Hampton), he would have walked past the Family Fare (convenience store) - they close at 11 but I'm certain they have cameras - sell gas, have carwash, supplies outside, etc.

Does anyone know when he was reported as missing? I really just started noticing his fliers within the last week.

1684441829239.png

Does anyone know when he was reported as missing? I really just started noticing his fliers within the last week.
Quoting myself :) I saw in his Namus record that It was created on April 22.

Actually, his poster on Durham PD Facebook page has him as missing from 6119 Farrington Road, which is the Holiday Inn Express and is right beside the Hampton Inn in the map previously posted. Their posting date is 4/19/23.

Express1684443219072.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back