GUILTY NC - Kathleen Peterson, 48, found dead in her Durham home, 9 Dec 2001

Interesting! The blood evidence more or less has to be excluded, there never was a murder weapon, the computer search is excluded and the prosecution will be relying primarily on testimony from the medical examiner ... which is an opinion. I think there's a good chance that there never was enough evidence to convict Peterson.

Never fear NG was there first go round and she' son it as I type. They can't explain the blood in his shorts unless the owl was in his pants.

Blood in his shorts is part of the blood evidence, and the person that analyzed the blood has been fired for misrepresenting the facts.

Interesting! The blood evidence more or less has to be excluded, there never was a murder weapon, the computer search is excluded and the prosecution will be relying primarily on testimony from the medical examiner ... which is an opinion. I think there's a good chance that there never was enough evidence to convict Peterson.

there is and was enough evidence, it was just that Deaver had been embellishing and being pro prosecution for so long that he did so in this trial when there was no need, the blood that I saw in video and pictures for me showed she was murdered and I needed no state or defence expert to convince me, it is what it is all over the stairs and splashed right up the walls, nothing that indicates a fall, the ME evidence is strong to show she was beaten with an object, blunt force trauma does not get there by a fall,

I doubt that he will ever be retried on Kathleens murder, the DA office appears to be in a bit of a mess, Cline appears to be doing a poor job, the Judge who overturned his conviction said in open court that he questions whether a new conviction would be forthcoming at a new trial, so the state may take a plea (possibly similar to WM3 Alford plea) to make it go away rather than have to try him again with all the baggage of the mistakes made,

I was shocked, shocked I tell you, when I heard a new trial was going to happen. When I heard an expert witness was in big trouble my first thought was Henry Lee, the ketchup spewer. I will watch this again just to hear GUILTY one more time.

MP is guilty as sin; not once but twice with his first murder of that lady in Germany. Coincidences like that just don't happen. Two women at the bottom of steps dead, with the same cat photo hanging up? Nah!

Wonder if there will be a change of venue from Durham County? Wonder how Freda Black and that other guy are feeling to have their conviction over turned. I'd really like to hear from them.

Betcha ole Rudolf is dancing around. More money for his docu-drama.

I, too, feel bad for Kathleen's daughter. And all MP's kids standing behind him with a new grand baby? Shame on all of them.

I am not a softy by any means, but seeing the bloody pictures on the walls and floor just makes me bawl. That poor woman. Her daughter makes me beleive it was a murder and I cant imagine what it must be like to dredge all this up once again.

I am not a softy by any means, but seeing the bloody pictures on the walls and floor just makes me bawl. That poor woman. Her daughter makes me beleive it was a murder and I cant imagine what it must be like to dredge all this up once again.

I'm not sure we can trust what we've heard about blood evidence. The point that got many people's attention was the suggestion that there was invisible blood spray all the way up the wall ... but is that really true? There's certainly blood at the bottom of the stairs, but a blow to the head bleeds profusely, and a good crack on the head from hitting the stairs could make quite a mess too.

I'm not sure we can trust what we've heard about blood evidence. The point that got many people's attention was the suggestion that there was invisible blood spray all the way up the wall ... but is that really true? There's certainly blood at the bottom of the stairs, but a blow to the head bleeds profusely, and a good crack on the head from hitting the stairs could make quite a mess too.

did you ever see the pictures or video of the scene, Peterson lived in his home with Kathleens blood all over the walls and stairs up until the trial, there is so much blood that it is incredible to even begin to try to work out how a fall could have caused the blood to move half way up the walls, if she fell then there would be little to no blood until she landed and the blood would then be found where she was lying,

I just can't reconcile the blood with a fall, and then for MP to be the person who was the common denominator in two very similar deaths, both said to be caused by falling until the ME examined the bodies and found blunt force trauma and ruled them homicides,

did you ever see the pictures or video of the scene, Peterson lived in his home with Kathleens blood all over the walls and stairs up until the trial, there is so much blood that it is incredible to even begin to try to work out how a fall could have caused the blood to move half way up the walls, if she fell then there would be little to no blood until she landed and the blood would then be found where she was lying,

I just can't reconcile the blood with a fall, and then for MP to be the person who was the common denominator in two very similar deaths, both said to be caused by falling until the ME examined the bodies and found blunt force trauma and ruled them homicides,

I have always thought that he was guilty because of this. One thing I have learned, though, is that blood from a head injury is like no other. When my brother was found there was blood all over. All over. So much so that we couldn't believe there wasn't foul play. The closet doors were also pulled off the hinges. The ME said he hit his head on the night stand and bled out, probably passed out within 20 minutes. But that twenty minutes produced blood all over the walls and everywhere in the room, and he was alone. Sorry to be graphic. I never would have believed it.

It just dawned on me he died four years ago today. :-(

Eve

It certainly looks suspicious, but if it was so obvious, the expert should not have felt the need to misrepresent the facts.

Interesting article! Cline is going down with Deaver. It seems to me that none of the evidence relating to the blood is valid ... so any conclusions about guilt based on what we have heard about the blood may be incorrect. Without the blood up the walls or in the shorts ... and we don't know if any of that is true ... the case seems very weak.

Interesting article! Cline is going down with Deaver. It seems to me that none of the evidence relating to the blood is valid ... so any conclusions about guilt based on what we have heard about the blood may be incorrect. Without the blood up the walls or in the shorts ... and we don't know if any of that is true ... the case seems very weak.

the evidence is what it is, nothing will change the way the scene was as it was videoed and photographed, it was still there when the defence was bringing its experts over to examine the blood and make there interpretation of what happened, it is the interpretation of the blood evidence by Deaver that is at fault,

state will be able to get other experts who will be able to use the photographs and video of the crime scene to interpret the blood evidence to show it was murder not a fall,

but as I have previously posted I don't think we will ever get a retrial, some agreement between state and defence will be decided upon,

Cline (the D.A) had not even prepared for the case, even though she had 5 months to do so. I really hope she does go down and there are petitions for her dismissal all over Durham County.

Should there have been a retrial? The jury has stated that they convicted Peterson based on the testimony of Dr Deborah Radish and also because of the red neurons in Kathleen's brain - it had taken her two hours to bleed to death, which contradicts Michael Peterson's academy award winning 911 call where he said she was still breathing. None of the jurors mentioned Deaver's blood spatter testimony as being the reason for convition.

If Cline had done her job properly (instead of focusing on her bizarre obsession with Judge Orlando Hudson) then Peterson may not have been granted a new trial.

the mess that is the DAs office at the moment is amazing, I expect Cline may be next to be investigated and possibly removed from office,

the criminals of Durham must be having a fine old time knowing the mess that parts of the criminal justice system are in,

I had heard of this case before, but didn't know many details.

Just earlier today I went to my local DVD shop and rented some dvds.

One of them was the documentary The Staircase. It's a looooooong doco about this case.

I am only on the first disc (there are four discs all up) and they have just covered the part where his friend in Germany died by falling down the stairs. They seemed to have proof she died of natural causes.

Now, I have not got any further yet, but this is my thought:

Maybe his friend in Germany did died of natural causes. The police, etc, ruled her death accidental. Mabye, this gave him the idea of how to get rid of his wife in Carolina. He thought he could beat her and place her at the bottom of the stairs and that it would, just like in Germany, be ruled accidental.

I have not finished all my research into this case, but from what I see so far, this guy is not innocent.

Oh yeah, his 911 call. How FAKE did it sound? Seriously fake to my ears.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back