NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the state school board even pay a stipend?
I would guess KT was awarded a very handsome divorce settlement from TT. (multi-millionaire trial lawyer)

The home in Greenville is owned by KT..market value $380,000
The condo in Oriental (next door to DH) is valued around $107,000

So the divorce settlement would go away...

What I meant was from the time the story broke things did not sound right. For example - 2 911 calls,the RPD staying at the crime scene so long then sealing the info as well as not making more public statements soon after the crime or issuing a BOLO. However, given who the victim was, who her ex is, homeowner "being" out of town and now the release of SW and release of 911calls adds to the bizarreness.

Why is 1 person attacked and not the other if both were in the house, and if DH was in house, how could she not hear anything - passed out or not. No sign of B/E or robbery.

Lastly, how could someone esp. a family member committ such a brutal crime on a helpless individual.

I do not doubt DH knows something that hasn't been made public and may have arranged this to happen or perhaps unknowingly played a role but IMO she could not have beaten her sister unconcious. Give her a drug od or smother her but for a woman to crush another's skull - i just can't imagine it.

I do not know DH, KT, JG or anyone connected to the crime and like most everyone else only know what i've read in the media.

SS- I know you are new to the board. There are literally weeks worth of discussion on this case and just what you have mentioned above. Go back and read all what everyone has written and see how it all has evolved. I don't think there are too many now who believe after the release of all of the info on the 2 911 calls and SW that D actually perpertrated this act on her sis, but maybe was inadvertedly involved. There are way too many details about her, the family, the timeline, other details to retype, so that's why I suggest you go back and read from at least page 10 or 11.

"The attack happened at the home of Raleigh Attorney John Geil. Geil was out of state at the time of the crime, and sources say he is not a suspect in the assault." Qoute taken from WTVD news report online.

I stand corrected. If the RPD didn't say outright, the media did, and in the town of Raleigh, it's pretty much saying he isn't involved in the crime....

SS- I know you are new to the board. There are literally weeks worth of discussion on this case and just what you have mentioned above. Go back and read all what everyone has written and see how it all has evolved. I don't think there are too many now who believe after the release of all of the info on the 2 911 calls and SW that D actually perpertrated this act on her sis, but maybe was inadvertedly involved. There are way too many details about her, the family, the timeline, other details to retype, so that's why I suggest you go back and read from at least page 10 or 11.

susubaby - they were merely MOO and rhetorical questions that will probably never be answered...

This is a great site with very insightful "posters"

Thanks

susubaby - they were merely MOO and rhetorical questions that will probably never be answered...

This is a great site with very insightful "posters"

Thanks

SS- I hope I didn't sound disrespectful. I didn't mean my comment to be...I merely was saying, thru all of this, there seem to be some very smart and like you just stated, insightful sleuthers, on this board. Of course, all these posts are opinions, but it seems like some of them really make sense as to what may have happened on that night based on what people know thru friends, what they have read, etc. We're glad you have joined us!

Was JG upset about K stopping the romantic relationship? Does anyone know?? Did K see JG when she went to Florida to be with her family? Where was JG when he was notified about K? What time was he notified? Did he drive back to Raleigh or fly? Where is his house located in Florida?

"Managers at Foster's American Grille in Cameron Village and Glenwood Grill, where Taft and Geil had been regulars, said police had been by their eateries, but they declined to comment on any details of those conversations."

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04...nored-as-questions-persist.html#ixzz0ktPXgHEH

Perhaps D went to both of these bars and others. GG stops serving food at 10 but stays open til 2 as does Fosters. All drinks off the table by 2:30am as per NC law then patrons wander out.

"Managers at Foster's American Grille in Cameron Village and Glenwood Grill, where Taft and Geil had been regulars, said police had been by their eateries, but they declined to comment on any details of those conversations."

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04...nored-as-questions-persist.html#ixzz0ktPXgHEH

Perhaps D went to both of these bars and others. GG stops serving food at 10 but stays open til 2 as does Fosters. All drinks off the table by 2:30am as per NC law then patrons wander out.

Since we know she locked the keys in the car with it running at the HT / GG shopping center, best bet it was GG.

Thanks for the confirmation GG is open till 2am.
That info makes it more likely she was drinking there and perhaps met someone at the bar.

Hmmm.
That info about GG also could provide a window of opportunity for a random intruder to enter the home when D was out...she unlocked door so she could get back in.

Another hint
....the cops passed out flyers between 11 PM and 2 AM for a reason.
Sounds like D left at 11 PM to go to GG and then walked back up at 2AM.
She stated she checked on KT and she apparently was "snoring" and then went upstairs around 3AM.

http://www2.wnct.com/nct/news/local...kathy_taft_speaks_out_about_911_tapes/129413/

This was a different interview than I'd seen for PF - she does say she thinks it's random.

Fuqua says the attacker couldn’t have known the kind of person her mother was.
“It’s just unthinkable that someone could intentionally inflict that kind of hurt and pain onto another human being. Not just my mom, but on anyone,“ said Fuqua. “I do think that it was random, but again, we don’t really know…

I may be leaning back to the attempted break-in that same weekend the next block over.
This person could have been watching from the back easement and saw DH leave at 11PM.
He could have then walked into the unsecured home, going straight into the bedroom for jewelry. Seeing a woman in the bed may have set off a opportunistic sudden urge and he acted....????

I may be leaning back to the attempted break-in that same weekend the next block over.
This person could have been watching from the back easement and saw DH leave at 11PM.
He could have then walked into the unsecured home, going straight into the bedroom for jewelry. Seeing a woman in the bed may have set off a opportunistic sudden urge and he acted....????

Just seems odd for someone to be watching that house and target it. I'm still perplexed at how they family (D) might have seen the person unless she passed him on the path. I wonder if she locked her keys in the car earlier at the HT but still find it unbelievable to leave the car running for that long.

Just seems odd for someone to be watching that house and target it. I'm still perplexed at how they family (D) might have seen the person unless she passed him on the path. I wonder if she locked her keys in the car earlier at the HT but still find it unbelievable to leave the car running for that long.

But we know there was a random intruder in the same neighborhood in that same time-frame. That dark easement behind the house would hide this known person very easily. The would be robber would be looking for the right opportunity. If he saw DH leave at 11PM, entering from the back undetected would be very inviting.

I agree, locking the keys in a running car late afternoon until the next am is unbelievable. I bet it happen after 11PM at GG and she initially told the family otherwise.

But we know there was a random intruder in the same neighborhood in that same time-frame. That dark easement behind the house would hide this known person very easily. The would be robber would be looking for the right opportunity. If he saw DH leave at 11PM, entering from the back undetected would be very inviting.

I agree, locking the keys in a running car late afternoon until the next am is unbelievable. I bet it happen after 11PM at GG and she initially told the family otherwise.

But why didn't the robber take anything - they had ample time and how did they know D wouldn't be back for a while. Just thoughts....

Building on my theory of D potientially inviting a guest back to the house- drinking maybe drugs, and then passing out...then the "guest" attacks KT bc he is either surprised she is there and takes this as a sudden crime of opprotunity and acts on it in his drug induced haze...after it is over, he kind of freaks out himself, and runs...and takes D's car- let's say around 2:30 or so in the am and drives it back down to Glenwood Village where they met up in the first place....he's in a panic now too, and high on drugs, just jumps out of the car, manually locks it (as we now know you can do with the Durango) and leaves it running bc he just wants to get the hell away after what he has done. There is a local bus stop right there, so maybe he caught the bus or maybe he had his own car down there. Or maybe someone picked him up. But, it makes more sense that the Durango could have been left and running for 3 hours rather than 7 or 8 hours when the HT manager saw it running at 6am. 7 or 8 hours and it would have run out of gas. Plus, if it was left in the HT lot in the early evening or even later evening running, I feel certain someone would have made a call to police saying there is a vehicle left running - even if it was the Dominoes manager or GG manager who were the last to leave. It wouldn't have gone unnoticed in the shopping center. It's not that big. And, the cops took DNA samples out of the Durango too. Could also explain why D thought her Durango was out front when she made the 911 call....

But why didn't the robber take anything - they had ample time and how did they know D wouldn't be back for a while. Just thoughts....

After an opportunistic attempted murder and rape, I am sure this person would want to flee ASAP.

Another thought.....the cops wanted DNA from males in the immediate area of the house. Perhaps a neighbor saw DH pull out at 11PM and saw KT's car, knowing she was alone. This sicko could have been infatuated with her (seeing her on and off w/ JG) and acted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny