NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look for a detailed search warrant for 2812 Wayland Drive.
Hopefully it will be returned to the clerks office Monday and published by the media.
There should have some info as to why Jason Williford was a suspect.

PTL! Drinks at GG to celebrate. Finally, we get to see when it goes to trial what really happened and how good sleuths we are!!

Oh, I'm all for that! Would love to meet you wonderful people!

Well, if Chief Dolan says it, it must be true.

:truce:

Welcome to 123 NC shows that in '97 a drug para charge and a pot charge. Also in 01 a drug para charge. Does not show if convicted or not unless you pay to get that info.
Also in '01, first degree burglary, and '98 a second degree burglary, a DWI in '99. I would like to know if JW's relative or wife (31) who has 9 addresses in Greenville, NC, actually knew KT or her relatives. I am sure she knew of KT since she was such a prominent person. However, it seems likely that this JW went there to rob KT knowing of her prominence and he got a surprise.

What do you think:

Could LE have collected a DNA sample from Williford? He lives just two-tenths of a mile from JG's house.

I hope they hold a news conference to update us all.

What a relief it is for KT's family and friends and JG and his neighbors.

Thank God! I think he knew I could not survive another night without sleep. I have had very little. I can't imagine what the family and immediate neighbors were going through.

I remember I did lots of research to determine which house on Wayland was broken into, but I forgot it. Does anyone remember how close the defendant's house is to it?

I wonder if he knew JG or KT from living in the neighborhood or if he had done electrical work in the home.

I'm honestly so relieved I could cry. I guess LE was doing due diligence all along.

I would like to know if JW's relative or wife (31) who has 9 addresses in Greenville, NC, actually knew KT or her relatives. I am sure she knew of KT since she was such a prominent person. However, it seems likely that this JW went there to rob KT knowing of her prominence and he got a surprise.

Looks like Mary H Williford is his sister.

I had a feeling it would be a druggie. Do they have the death penalty in NC? Probably not, but if this is indeed a guilty man I don't want a slap on the wrist. He needs to be off the streets for the rest of his life!

Maybe he has confessed, I don't know. But I don't think they would have made an arrest unless they had a good DNA match and a good case against him.

Welcome to 123 NC shows that in '97 a drug para charge and a pot charge. Also in 01 a drug para charge. Does not show if convicted or not unless you pay to get that info.
Also in '01, first degree burglary, and '98 a second degree burglary, a DWI in '99. .

Thanks for detailed report smiles.

1997--- Misdemeanor Drug Paraphernalia and possession (age 17)
1998.... Misdemeanor Second degree burglary (age 18)
1999... Misdemeanor DWI (age 19)
2001... Misdemeanor Drug Paraphernalia (age 21)
2001... Felony B&E (age 21)

The wake county tax value is very close to market value.

He sounds like he was a very troubled teen and young adult.
He would have attended Leesville High....I'm sure we will hear some news from some that knew him. The Wayland Dr neighbors interviewed said they didn't have any idea who he was. Then again, this is an example of that neighborhood having a combination of nice homes and close neighbors as well as lower rent quads with sketchy residents.

The Raleigh Police Department issued this bulletin a few minutes ago---

A suspect, Jason Keith Williford (DOB 12/10/79) of 2812-D Wayland Dr., was arrested this afternoon by the Raleigh Police Department and charged with murder and rape in connection with the death of Kathy Taft.

"I commend everyone in the department who worked to make possible the arrest in the case," said Maj. Rick Grayson, commander of the RPD's Detective Division. "Since the case investigation began on March 6, the department's Homicide Unit, in particular, has worked tirelessly on behalf of the victim, her family and the community to seek justice."

Grayson also expressed gratitude for the support of the neighborhood surrounding the crime scene and to members of the victim's family for their assistance and confidence. In addition, he praised the forensic work performed by the SBI and CCBI during the investigation.

The department anticipates making a statement concerning the case tomorrow afternoon. The investigation is continuing

I had a feeling it would be a druggie. Do they have the death penalty in NC? Probably not, but if this is indeed a guilty man I don't want a slap on the wrist. He needs to be off the streets for the rest of his life!

Maybe he has confessed, I don't know. But I don't think they would have made an arrest unless they had a good DNA match and a good case against him.

BBM

I agreee wholeheartedly. It had to match something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe