NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree, smiles - does make the brain tired. thinking now that maybe def. saw dh at harris teeter, watched the keys locked in car situation and her being all flustered about it, saw an opportunity, followed her back to jg's house and waited for his opportunity. harris teeter may have been able to help identify him by going back to see who had been there at the same time as dh and looking at credit/debit card names.

Wheaten, I tend to agree with you that he might have seen DH and the situation with the car. Could have offered her assitance, who knows? Maybe she talked to him, not knowing the kind of person he was, and said she had to get back to her sister, who was at the house alone and just had surgery. Somehow, with a car in the driveway, he would not have known if a man or woman or multiple people were there. He had to see something and know that only a woman or women were there. Could also have seen thru the window or something. Just doesn't seem to add up that he would just go in there without some knowledge that there was no man there. It is so puzzling, especially since we don't have a lot to go on. I do hope they can piece the puzzle together soon.

WTVD is reporting JW was married and his wife was with him at Jordan Lake when he was arrested. Wife is from G'ville but LE says that is only a coincidence. Also had an interview with another musician that JW had contacted just a week after the murder. Story hasn't posted on web yet.

WTVD is reporting JW was married and his wife was with him at Jordan Lake when he was arrested. Wife is from G'ville but LE says that is only a coincidence. Also had an interview with another musician that JW had contacted just a week after the murder. Story hasn't posted on web yet.

So this girl lived with him?
Please provide more details of the news report.

Here's an idea that a druggie might do. DH is helping get KT out of her car and down those steps and around that house. Maybe KT was having a hard time and was groggy and pretty bandaged up. This was probably daylight. What if JW was walking to Harris Teeter (or the shopping center) and passes them. Being a druggie, he might think - someone bandaged up like that has some good phamaceuticals in there. Being a thief, he might think - 2 women, nice cars and the plus of being around the corner - easy mark. Would a scenario like that make it pre-meditation? Or is it already pre-meditation?

Just watched a video on WRAL. Toward the end of it, they said that they had just found out that JW is married. Oh boy!

Williford was their first suspect. They must have run background checks on all the people in the neighborhood. Wouldn't they have had JW's prints on file from his previous records?

I now wonder if they've called the wife in to ask about his whereabouts, etc. on that night.

agreed, pinkorchid
you'd think his prints would be in their database

Here's an idea that a druggie might do. DH is helping get KT out of her car and down those steps and around that house. Maybe KT was having a hard time and was groggy and pretty bandaged up. This was probably daylight. What if JW was walking to Harris Teeter (or the shopping center) and passes them. Being a druggie, he might think - someone bandaged up like that has some good phamaceuticals in there. Being a thief, he might think - 2 women, nice cars and the plus of being around the corner - easy mark. Would a scenario like that make it pre-meditation? Or is it already pre-meditation?

I've wondered the same thing myself.

He is married!?!?!?!?!!!!!! Good grief! This just keeps getting more bizarre.

I'm really surprised he isn't the suspect in the 2 break ins in the same neighborhood. I thought for sure he was responsible for them too.

Me too, AmarilloByAm!! That was my first thought!! I am amazed that he supposedly isn't suspected of those break-ins, too.....can't believe that he isn't responsible for those as well but time will tell I guess.

O/T....I love the screenname...that's one of my favorite songs!! Will never get tired of it!

I have just figured out that one of my favorite bloggers that I follow lives within VERY close proximity to the suspect. When I say close I mean REALLY, REALLY, REALLY close! Holy crap. This makes this all too real now.

Me too, AmarilloByAm!! That was my first thought!! I am amazed that he supposedly isn't suspected of those break-ins, too.....can't believe that he isn't responsible for those as well but time will tell I guess.

O/T....I love the screenname...that's one of my favorite songs!! Will never get tired of it!

Thanks! Me too on the favorite songs.

agreed, pinkorchid
you'd think his prints would be in their database

If simple prints, why would it take so long to match?
He knew his prints were on file from numerous arrests...betcha he wore gloves.
I'm going with the chief that it was DNA that nailed him.

*Williford moved with a girlfriend into 2812 Wayland Ave., Apt. D, about six months ago, according to neighbors.

*Williford's neighbors described him as quiet, a man who usually threw his hand up to wave after getting out of his car to walk to his residence.

*The 'Authority Band' broke up 2 years ago

* JW was trying to start another band last fall...exchanging e-mail w/ musicians until mid January. Two weeks after the murder, he wrote this:
"Sorry I never got back to you about playing together," Williford wrote. "I dropped out of the loop there for a while. ... I am still interested in starting a band so maybe we could get together."

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/04/18/442361/sketchy-pictureemerges-of-taft.html#ixzz0lSXSN7sP

If simple prints, why would it take so long to match?
He knew his prints were on file from numerous arrests...betcha he wore gloves.
I'm going with the chief that it was DNA that nailed him.

My sig said the same thing. experienced at b and e, probably wore gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57