NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it appears he was living w/ his girlfriend.
Anything about a wife besides the blurb reported by WRAL?

:couch:
if you are reading, i wish you would come back. But if you don't, you've got a friend here, anyway.
laces

I'm kinda confused...I agree with you, JTF...that, his prints would definately be in a state or nat'l database since he has a record, so if he left prints, they would quickly be matched...and this would have moved along much quicker. So, he must've worn gloves. But, if he wore gloves, one would assume that this was more of a premediated type thing, not necessarily a drug fueled crazy type attack. And, he supposedly didn't take anything of much value, since jewelry, $ etc. was still in the house. Did he go there just to assault/rape her? Randomly? Or, did he have a thing for her? The G'ville connection is a little strange for me. G'ville is a small town- believe me- I know.

I'm kinda confused...I agree with you, JTF...that, his prints would definately be in a state or nat'l database since he has a record, so if he left prints, they would quickly be matched...and this would have moved along much quicker. So, he must've worn gloves. But, if he wore gloves, one would assume that this was more of a premediated type thing, not necessarily a drug fueled crazy type attack. And, he supposedly didn't take anything of much value, since jewelry, $ etc. was still in the house. Did he go there just to assault/rape her? Randomly? Or, did he have a thing for her? The G'ville connection is a little strange for me. G'ville is a small town- believe me- I know.

Since the chief officially labeled it as 'random', I discount him knowing KT in any way. Since he was busted for B&E twice before, I would guess that was his plan that night....No telling how many other B&E he did w/o getting caught? I have to think knocking KT into complete submission and raping her was just because it was presented as a sudden opportunity...a spontaneous decision he made when he opened the BR door. Apparently not a serial rapist and now in a panic, he likely fled the scene immediately w/o taking the time to burglarize the home.....MOO

I'm really surprised he isn't the suspect in the 2 break ins in the same neighborhood. I thought for sure he was responsible for them too.

Thinking about this more, I wonder if the attempted B&E the same weekend on Wayland was in fact JW? If no prints were left (likely if he wore gloves), they could not 'officially' tie him to that scene, thus he would not 'officially' be a suspect in that incident.

The home is extremely close to JW and he would have known they were out of town. I think he started there, couldn't get in and then moved to JG's house from the dark, rear easement. The lights were probably out after midnight and the door unlocked.........

MOO

Perhaps not JW's first time committing rape or murder - just first time getting caught. Hope that run his dna against any cold cases in and around wake county.

I'm pissed this scum will continue to live off my tax dollars if he goes to prison.

Hope the jury doesn't buy into the woe is me story the defense will paint of this monster - unemployed, drug addict, perhaps something horrific in his childhood, frustrated musician that made a mistake.

Save us the time and money - do to him what he did to defenseless, medicated KT - crush his skull and leave him to die!

Sorry for the anger this am - must be time for coffee

I have just figured out that one of my favorite bloggers that I follow lives within VERY close proximity to the suspect. When I say close I mean REALLY, REALLY, REALLY close! Holy crap. This makes this all too real now.

care to share the link?

I am so glad there has been an arrest in this case. May Kathy have justice now.

Salem

I keep going back to the description of the various types of rapists posted by Just the Fax yesterday. KT's attack fit in the category of the attacker not having an attraction for the victim, but just opportunity to do it. They didn't really want to kill their victim, but would violently attack them if they resist, so death could occur. So, can we assume that he went into the house to steal property, and encountered the opportunity to rape. Still, he would wear gloves to prevent prints, but not wear a condom? Maybe he thought they wouldn't have his DNA on file and could get away with it.

Maybe he took a drink from of one of the glasses? That would be stupid. Maybe he left sweat on her body or maybe he left saliva or sweat on the plastic baggie corners. Are you comfortable enough to do drugs while in the house? Pretty bold and stupid. There are so many possibilities!!!!!

I wonder if LE are just saying he is not a suspect in the other breakins because that is just what they do. They say he is not a suspect and not a person of interest and then BAM...charges are filed in those cases too.

The other 2 breakins on Wayland and Cartier, there was no one at home. There was obviously someone at home at the JG house. (one car was in the drive) Why break in to steal property if you knew someone was inside?

Thinking about this more, I wonder if the attempted B&E the same weekend on Wayland was in fact JW? If no prints were left (likely if he wore gloves), they could not 'officially' tie him to that scene, thus he would not 'officially' be a suspect in that incident.

The home is extremely close to JW and he would have known they were out of town. I think he started there, couldn't get in and then moved to JG's house from the dark, rear easement. The lights were probably out after midnight and the door unlocked.........

MOO
JTF I agree w your 2 statements completely - this one& the one above it. I would guess that night the B&E & Rape & Murder was random. & I would also agree that he is probably the one who broke into the other property that night. but the LE isn't focused on that right now. &would guess he probably had gloves on so did not leave any prints behind especially if he knew his prints were on file & this wasn't his first rodeo. but remember the news they said only thing he left behind at the other Breakin was a footprint?? so they may have that only to tie him to both but not enough evidence for them to charge him on that. but my guess they are more concerned for charging him for the murder & rape than any B&E charges right now. & DNA would be blood, saliva, cigarette butt in garbage, (did he smoke??) something benign that he did not even think of. maybe the baggie corner fell out of his pocket unknowingly but had dna on it.

Unravelingthemystery, you mention the footprint LE got in the Wayland Ave. breakin. I wonder if they got a shoe impression from the JG residence that matched. The SW says they took 2 sections of carpet. Of course, this all assumes he was the culprit in those other breakins.

By the way unless I am looking in the wrong place, but it looks like his profile that was up on facebook is now gone from FB. hmmm?? there is still a guy on FB under the name playing guitar but that wasn't JW originally - JW was the profile with the Black & white photo playing guitar & had about 105 friends. the guy playing guitar looks different than JW anyway & was on there the other day. can anybody find the real JW on facebook?? who took his site down??

Unravelingthemystery, you mention the footprint LE got in the Wayland Ave. breakin. I wonder if they got a shoe impression from the JG residence that matched. The SW says they took 2 sections of carpet. Of course, this all assumes he was the culprit in those other breakins.

that is what I would bet. tho that would not be the dna, but I would guess dna, footprints, & same MO w the B&E -- If I remember correctly the other was a back arcadia door - perhaps the JG residence was also back close to the path rather than the front, therefore wouldn't matter what cars were in drive wouldn't have mattered.

Anyone know the name of the girlfriend?? wonder if she was one of his friends on his facebook??

not much has been said about wife/gf. Someone edited "The Authority" myspace and removed the JW facebook and fan pages. So, IMO, he's entrusted someone with passwords.

I've looked and looked but can't find any reference anywhere to the house number of the break in on Wayland Dr. From news reports it says that homeowner told police that it looked like someone tried to break in at the JG/Cartier Dr crime scene. Wonder if an official report was filed? To be sure it was. Maybe the homeowner didn't want the address or their name reported b/c of being scared of retaliation from the perp?

Next thought...about JW having a girlfriend/wife. I am wondering if he went outside his house to take care of any drug habit he may of had b/c he was trying to keep things from his wife? I had a close friend whose husband had an internet affair before there were internet affairs (he was a trailblazer!) and he was telling my friend he was going to school when he really wasn't and was funding his affair using an old credit card of my friends, the list of oddities goes on. Needless to say, she divorced him. I would NEVER have suspected this guy would have been so deceitful. Everyone that knew him was so surprised. Wonder if JW was stealing/pawning things to try to bring home $$ and telling his wife stories. Wonder if he had used JG's house before?

Also, I am still really trying to figure out why a sleeve of Ritz crackers were listed in the SW.

Also, wouldn't we think that if DH HAD been home all night she would have said at some time, "How did this happen and me not know? I was at the house all night long!"

I've looked and looked but can't find any reference anywhere to the house number of the break in on Wayland Dr. From news reports it says that homeowner told police that it looked like someone tried to break in at the JG/Cartier Dr crime scene. Wonder if an official report was filed? To be sure it was. Maybe the homeowner didn't want the address or their name reported b/c of being scared of retaliation from the perp?

The breakin on Wayland was reported as occuring when the residents were out of town and happend a few days before the KT murder. They thought someone had been in their basement. They left some shoe prints. This was reported on WRAL. They showed the front of the house on the news. I rode down Wayland and spotted the house. I didn't write the number down, but googled the address and located the photo of it on Googlemap. I posted it and then took it down due to concern over privacy of residents. It is only about a block from JW's address on that street. I can't recall the numbers now, but if you google, the photo of the street view has a birthday party with balloons in front of the house. You can't miss it.

The other break in was the one across the street from the JG house and was on Cartier. The resident, Mr. Andrews, says they threw a brick through his black glass window to get in and took computer and tv. He said a det. was sitting in front of the JG residence when breakin occured. LE got his stuff back from a pawn shop, but never revealed if they had arrested the theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45