NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if his family attended to show support?
If my son did this, I personally could not support him in any way.

For some reason, no live vid from WRAL or WTVD although WTVD "advertised" to broadcast live. guess we wait for updates.

no surprise - court appointed attorneys, even 1 from G'ville. Guess they don't know TT&H or perhaps they'll ask to be excused.

WILLIFORD01.NE.041910.CCS.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

Thanks JTF. I couldn't figure out how to post the picture.

thanks for the pict JTF Wonder if he's got the DT's since detained now --can't be using! Looks like he not only combed his hair, kinda looks to me like got a haircut!! JTF if Hannie is correct on the other murder & B&E charges for the prior case, he could be definitely on to something here. we can wait til he gets back to give us a link. meanwhile, got to wonder why no B&E burglary charges?? hmmm???

Pictures certainly don't tell a story here do they??? he certainly doesn't look like someone -one might want to be afraid of. I would never guess this face could possibly be the face of a CBM (cold blooded...). 'course he is not anything until proven guilty. but would never in a billion years guess this innocent face to be anything but a nice guy ........ guess that is where life as we know it begins to get a bit complex.!

thanks for the pict JTF Wonder if he's got the DT's since detained now --can't be using! Looks like he not only combed his hair, kinda looks to me like got a haircut!! JTF if Hannie is correct on the other murder & B&E charges for the prior case, he could be definitely on to something here. we can wait til he gets back to give us a link. meanwhile, got to wonder why no B&E burglary charges?? hmmm???

hanny is implying JW could have been 'invited' or somehow had 'permission' to be in the home .
The cops said the crime was random.
If he was a guest or was involved with the family or the home, it would be atargeted crime....MOO

Well, we really don't have enough information yet to know whether perp was ....invited in, or innocently let in for some reason we don't know yet(face looks safe to me - it could have been my undoing too) or followed D& was going to help re: car at HT, or known by JG as an electrician or handyman,or previously used at some time as same?? perhaps he just knocked at the door, asked a question & door was left open/unlocked & no one knows yet it was as simple as that. we dont have enough of the facts to make any assumptions yea or nea on anything.

Well, we really don't have enough information yet to know whether perp was ....invited in, or innocently let in for some reason we don't know yet(face looks safe to me - it could have been my undoing too) or followed D& was going to help re: car at HT, or known by JG as an electrician or handyman,or previously used at some time as same?? perhaps he just knocked at the door, asked a question & door was left open/unlocked & no one knows yet it was as simple as that. we dont have enough of the facts to make any assumptions yea or nea on anything.

If the above is true, that would imply D is lying.
Sorry, but Salem said we can't go there.

"When her aunt recounted the events of March 5-6, she never mentioned encountering anyone that would match Williford’s description, Fuqua said."

http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.nc/399f0efd-www.wlos.com.shtml

"WLOS ABC 13 News
NC slaying suspect makes first court appearance
April 19, 2010 15:27 EDT

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- The suspect in the death of a North Carolina school board member has made his first appearance in court.

Jason Keith Williford appeared briefly in a Wake County courtroom on Monday. The court appointed two lawyers to prepare his defense.

The 30-year-old Raleigh man is charged with first-degree rape and murder in the death of 62-year-old Kathy Taft.

Taft, who was from Greenville, died three days after being found badly beaten at the home of a friend.

Members of Taft's family attended the court proceeding, but did not speak to the media.

Williford is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on May 10. He is being held without bond. Calls to his lawyers were not immediately returned Monday."

According to this recent news report, the suspect has only been charged with "first-degree rape and murder." IMO, it's this portion of the crimes committed that night that is being referred to as "random" vs targeted. The conspicuous absence of other charges related to how he got into the home makes one wonder.

LE has spoken and indicated this was a random act of violence. Some speculating of how JW got in the house will be allowed UNLESS it disparages DH. DH is a victim of this tragedy and she had taken a beating since this all started. There will be NO more of it. Unless LE indicates there is a reason too. Basically - its a 'Hands Off' policy where DH is concerned.

As for the breaking and entering charge - LE/DA may have just gone with the 'bigger' charges of murder and sexual assault. Maybe they didn't feel it was necessary to add the burglary? Hard to say. But I will be watching this line of sleuthing closely.

Thanks,

Salem

(clipped)

LE charge an individual with all crimes committed - not just the most serious. Trust me on this. I have been a LE officer for 24 years. There is some other reason he was not charged with Burglary.

I agree with hannie on this, having served on a Grand Jury for six months.

And no bickering guys.... if you see a post you don't like, but it is within the TOS, just move past it. If you think it violates the TOS or any of the warnings I have posted in the last couple of days, hit the alert button and then move past it. One of the mods will check it out.

Thanks,

Salem

"WLOS ABC 13 News
NC slaying suspect makes first court appearance
April 19, 2010 15:27 EDT

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- The suspect in the death of a North Carolina school board member has made his first appearance in court.

Jason Keith Williford appeared briefly in a Wake County courtroom on Monday. The court appointed two lawyers to prepare his defense.

The 30-year-old Raleigh man is charged with first-degree rape and murder in the death of 62-year-old Kathy Taft.

Taft, who was from Greenville, died three days after being found badly beaten at the home of a friend.

Members of Taft's family attended the court proceeding, but did not speak to the media.

Williford is scheduled for a preliminary hearing on May 10. He is being held without bond. Calls to his lawyers were not immediately returned Monday."

According to this recent news report, the suspect has only been charged with "first-degree rape and murder." IMO, it's this portion of the crimes committed that night that is being referred to as "random" vs targeted. The conspicuous absence of other charges related to how he got into the home makes one wonder.

Would you provide a link for the article, please?

Also, it doesn't say "only", it says "is charged with first-degree rape and murder". This could just be what the reporter chose to report. It may be that JW has a slew of other charges. The only way to know for sure is to get a look at the charging docs or a transcript/video of today's hearing (providing all the charges were read at today's hearing).

Sometimes the charging docs can be found at the Court's website if anyone want to take a look. Media will probably have something today also, now that JW has seen the Judge.

Salem

....Yes "random" is the statement by LE for now. that is all we know - & all we can go on. we can only surmise why no B&E Burglary charges, but ths is only the beginning. CASE has a long way to go & anything is possible. so could be forthcoming anyway.... & all this sleuthing energy into it for naught!

Would you provide a link for the article, please?

Also, it doesn't say "only", it says "is charged with first-degree rape and murder". This could just be what the reporter chose to report. It may be that JW has a slew of other charges. The only way to know for sure is to get a look at the charging docs or a transcript/video of today's hearing (providing all the charges were read at today's hearing).

Sometimes the charging docs can be found at the Court's website if anyone want to take a look. Media will probably have something today also, now that JW has seen the Judge.

Salem

http://www.wcti12.com/PrinterFriendlyNews.asp?STORYNUM=1697914896&recordsource=NEWS2010

According to this report, the charges read were "rape and first degree murder".

I'm trying to navigate through the court website. If anyone has more luck then me ... please do post anything you find. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member