GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, someone has enlightened me re: "kwim"!! thank you, DIPHI :gthanks:
xo laces

I'm skeptical, too. Know what I mean (kwim)?

IMO[/QUOTE]

Finally, someone has enlightened me re: "kwim"!! thank you, DIPHI :gthanks:
xo laces

I'm skeptical, too. Know what I mean (kwim)?

IMO
[/QUOTE]

You're very welcome, laces. It all can be confusing at times....

IMO

The latest on our boy, Jason:

"Raleigh, N.C. — A Superior Court judge on Thursday ruled that a man accused of killing a state school board official will undergo a mental evaluation before his trial starts next year...."

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/10506727/

-------------------
Pre-trial motions begin on Feb, 20, 2012.

Proceedings begin March 5, 2012.

DT may seek "diminished mental capacity." So, are they still thinking autism? What a lot of rubbish, IMO. Yeah, diminished, all right. Diminished in morals and in humanity, IMO.

They are still talking DP at least.

The following is an arrest record from the Wake County arrest reports as of December 15, 2011. I guess they want to add the 1st Degree Burglary to his list of charges for trial.

Jason Keith Williford: 12/15/2011, 0111003806. 6'04", 175. Charged with: BURGLARY 1ST DEGREE 14-51.
This from the N&O released 12/16/2011.

Please excuse the 2nd link in my posting above -- the link was to his arrest pic on 12/16/11, showing that they have added the burglary charge to his record for the morning he allegedly murdered and forcibly raped Kathy Taft. I did not realize that the link takes you to whatever arrests are current on the day it is referenced. I apologize -- please do not think you are of diminished capacity due to what you are seeing.

Here is a link to the article which deals with his arrest & booking for said burglary.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/10510225/

Yes, that's better! ::
icon11.gif

ETA: 1st Deg Burglary is a Class D Felony.

Thanks, Wheaten -- I had heard that it was going up for sale -- I ride down that street every couple of weeks on my way to a nearby location -- have not seen it lately, but for the last several weeks, it looked like someone was living there -- a full trash-cart on the street on "trash day" -- his car still there (sad) -- and just little things that told me that someone was there. Maybe it was a clean-up crew, or one of his grown kids, or a friend/designer/realtor helping with preparing for showings, etc.

I see that it is listed for sale for less than the tax value of $320,149.00. The house is not the "best built" house in town, from what I have been told by an appraiser buddy of mine, but someone has made the interior look very, very appealing, IMO. The BEST location, location, location in town with the BEST public schools, in a quiet neighborhood. It would be good for a young couple or those with kids who want to be near good schools, or a single person like Geil. It is convenient to everything -- the university, I-40, downtown, just off of the road that becomes Hwy 70, Cameron Village and other shopping centers, etc., etc. Even in these slow times, I think it should sell pretty quickly.

I'll have to ride by to see if there is a For Sale sign in the yard. Oh, it's so sad about Geil himself -- according to a good friend of mine who was a lifelong friend of John, he was a "guy who never grew up," and loved to party often and pretty hard with the usual accoutrements.

Who knows :waitasec: if Williford might have somehow been on the fringe??
icon9.gif
Creepy, creepy thought. <<goosebumps>>

yes, borndem, agreed on the goosebumps! This case gets curiouser and curiouser.

This "insanity defense" or "mental whatever-it-is-they're-calling-it" has me fuming. :furious: Unless the DT can show certified documents/diagnoses and previous treatments for schizophrenia (or some other psychotic state), I'm just not buying it.

This mental thing sounds like a pleading that we should pardon someone who had a BAC of .30 and was so drunk, he couldn't think straight (well, duh), so we should excuse his plowing into another car at 85 mph and killing the three occupants in the other car. "He was so drunk & out of his mind at the time, he couldn't have formed any intent to kill or maim. Therefore, we shouldn't hold him accountable for the deaths." I mean, what's the difference in super-drunk and temporarily insane due to drugs and/or alcohol?? I just don't get it. It doesn't have legs to stand on, IMO.:pullhair:

And another thang: Re DH... We're all still trying to figure out how her statements fit into this whole thing. I wonder if the LEO's or ADA's have asked that she say no more about what happened that night since there may be details that they don't want released?

As to the 3:00am time frame, she could simply be mistaken about the time perhaps, or JW came in after she went to bed upstairs, (after JW practiced with his band, or after watching another band until late in the night; parked his car in the area beside GG & near the metal steps up), and he didn't know she was there, and he went in to get a buzz-on and then did what he did. :maddening:

I definitely think he had been there before -- either as a neighbor-guest at one or more of JG's frequent get-togethers, or, as has been said before, he knew when JG was o/o/town, and he was able to get in a door/window without breaking in, to look for drugs and/or alcohol since he didn't want to keep them at home. He could relax, do his own or JG's alcohol, etc., and avoid questions or worry from his wife. :dunno:

Just some random 2:00am thoughts...:bedtime:.. And yes, I'm going to bed now. (!):eek:fftobed:

:justice:

Greetings, :wave: waltzingmatilda!!! :hug:

So good to "see" you here! :dance:

I hope you've been well and are rested & ready for another one, or two, or four!!

I surely haven't forgotten our last case together and I guess I never will. It was a tuff one, but the best that we could hope did happen and our bad guyz are in :behindbar:behindbar for the rest of....... and so on.... :highfive:

Here's to success and :justice: in this sad case as well.

borndem:

Thanks for the updates and keeping things going here.

You are quite welcome, diphi!

Looking forward to joining you, and the usual bunch, for this trial in March. We've got work to do here to make sure the bad guy gets what's coming to him.

See you soon!

Does anyone know who if anyone was in court to support the def.? Just curious.

So, the police picked up the cig. butt that he just dropped on the parking lot of his rented apartment. And that was unlawful? NOT!

Nice try by his attorney, though.

IMO

HiYa, diphi!:seeya:

Good to hear from you! And your little remark to Mr. JW's Attorney was just a little itty-bit mean & nasty.....NOT

Now, just think about it -- as I'm sure you have -- the LEO's have this stake-out going on, on this guy who wouldn't give them just a little bit of spit, he had a record of B&E -- twice -- he lived close by...

Now if you were the LEO in charge of this, don't you think you would have told your folks make sure everything they did with trying to get some DNA from this guy was PERFECT??? I'm hoping they were able to film or photograph the officer who went to pick up the butt with tweezers or whatever, with gloves on, and picked it up, put it into an evidence bag and sealed & signed it on film? Or with pictures??

I have no idea how this type thing is actually done, but everyone knew that any evidence collected on this guy (and maybe another neighbor who refused to give DNA, who knows?) had to be beyond question so that they could establish undeniable probable cause for an arrest warrant and a search warrant???

The Governor of North Carolina had let everyone know that she wanted good work done to find the perpetrator of this horrible, horrible crime -- so I would think RPD Chief Dolan would be especially careful on every detail of this thing.

And now we have got a DP case out there that's getting ready to start....

So, we can watch and see what happens... I do wonder which attorneys will be on his defense team -- he started out with a couple of good ones -- a DP defense expert who may have scheduling problems and a DNA defense expert who seemed to be solidly on board. I'd sure like to know more about who is actually gonna defend this man....

And ADA Saacks is first chair -- good, tuff and capable man. Exciting, eh?

We'll just have to wait a few more weeks, but I'm gonna look around to see if there is additional info out there somewhere.

I plan to be in on this one from start to finish, diphi -- how 'bout you?

Prancy -- You had asked back in February, during a hearing when the DT was asking for a trial date delay, if anyone was there to support JW.... I could not distinguish anyone who looked like his parents or his wife at that hearing. There were, as you could tell, a lot of folks -- some in yellow, Taft's favorite color -- who were family and friends of Kathy Taft.

I still use Wayland or Cartier Drives as short cuts when I am running certain errands to/from North Raleigh (I do not use the beltline, Glenwood Avenue, etc., so I take what we used to call the Pig Path -- don't ask! -- but it has nothing to do with the neighborhood).

About a year ago or so, I turned from Oberlin Road onto Wayland. There was a car in front of me -- two women -- and they stopped in front of the quadruplex where JF & JW lived (he was in custody by then, however). JF exited the car, and the driver of the car stayed there & signaled for me to go around. I just decided to relax behind the car and wait -- no biggie. JF got into what must have been her car and pulled out behind the woman who had let her off, and they left. So that gave me a good idea of what her car looked like. Since then, I would often see that car in the parking area in its little spot.

I have not noticed that car in the parking area in at least 6 months or so -- so it makes me wonder if she has moved, gotten a new car, or if I'm just not on the right "schedule." I know that sounds creepy, but I go thru the neighborhood about once a week for several reasons, and I use one street or the other to cut through. I do wonder if she is still in town, or whatever.

I also see the Geil house which is still for sale -- as of last week sometime. It looks like it has been painted, and there is a For Sale sign in the yard. It's a bit of an oddly built house since it was built on such a slope -- lots of outside stairs, as you all have seen.... I would hate to have to lug groceries into that house very often -- but it would be great exercise!

I'm ready for this thing to get underway... (Can't you tell?)
icon6.gif

I plan to be in on this one from start to finish, diphi -- how 'bout you?

Respectfully cut by me. Yep, I'll be here.

I'm just moving over from the Susan Powell case in Utah. I was heavily invested in it, let's say. That one just about did me in, for sure. So tragic. It's good to get back home, so to speak, where I understand the laws, the players, and the culture.

I hope JTF will join us. Appreciate his input.

Hi, Prancy!

IMO

I think I'll be following this one too. Will the trial be streamed? It's not so much because of the crime itself (it's not really a who-dunit), but because I want to see David Saacks in action as lead. He impressed me during the Young trial #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant