GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm moving this thread to the Awaiting Trial forum. I will leave a redirect, so that everyone can find it easily.

Links to all the previous threads are in POST 1 of this thread.

Thanks,

Salem

I wasn't able to confirm that it wasn't sealed, but I just saw this on WRAL. I couldn't find the entire list there. I don't have a way to scan my copy right now. Maybe it will appear on WRAL soon.

LOL
When my scanner was giving me fits, I took a photo of a page I needed to send to my insurance company and downloaded from my camera ... it worked just fine.

If you want to just do the parts you have that are not at the links ...

His wife lived there with him. In fact, she still lives there.
JW and his wife had been doing some yard maintenance around the apartment complex. That may have been why he had pruning shears.

What woman has 30 pairs of panties?
This is sounding more like the med student in Boston that took souvenirs.

I'm not going to divulge how many I have because it's irrelevant LOL ... but if they were his wife's I don't think they would be of interest. JMO

It appears his wife was there when the search was conducted (a copy was left with her) ... so I do wonder whether she indicated they were not hers.

ETA
Otherwise, taking 30 pair seems excessive. JMO

His wife lived there with him. In fact, she still lives there.
JW and his wife had been doing some yard maintenance around the apartment complex. That may have been why he had pruning shears.

The pruning shears fit under #7 in the DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY TO BE SEIZED (p. 3) ... any items that could be used as weapons.

So they may well have used it for gardening but it still needed to be taken.

If he brought a weapon with him, does that indicate premeditation?

ETA
And does the 'drunk and didn't mean to kill her' defense go down the tubes? Or did he intend to smash a window with it and did not have to?

If he brought a weapon with him, does that indicate premeditation?

ETA
And does the 'drunk and didn't mean to kill her' defense go down the tubes? Or did he intend to smash a window with it and did not have to?

I haven't looked at the statues lately, but I think that it would still be first degree murder by virtue of Felony Murder Rule, so that if someone is killed during the commission of a felony, it's first degree. Correct me if I'm wrong. So I don't think he had to have the intent to murder or if he was too drunk to intend to murder, then the felony murder rule would still apply. Question is was he too drunk to form the intent to rape or commit burglary? Hmmm.

I'm not going to divulge how many I have because it's irrelevant LOL ... but if they were his wife's I don't think they would be of interest. JMO

It appears his wife was there when the search was conducted (a copy was left with her) ... so I do wonder whether she indicated they were not hers.

ETA
Otherwise, taking 30 pair seems excessive. JMO

Thank YOU Noway for reminding me what's relevant. Newbie mistake of me to give waaaaay TMI! Yikes.....:blushing:

I'm thinking it would not have mattered WHAT JW's wife said during the execution of the search warrant. Would they not have seized anything they deemed relevant to the crime? Since it was known to be a sexual offense, several dozen pairs of women's underwear may certainly have prompted the need to further investigate the source of such items. Point is, there could be a logical and innocent explanation for those items being in the apartment.

LOL Coco ... I just meant the discussion of MINE was irrelevant. LOL

Maybe they thought 30 pair was excessive too ... you are right it would not matter whether she said they were hers or not.

If they are not hers ... I imagine she has a sick feeling in her stomach. More so than the one in mine.

30 pair for one person doesn't seem outrageous to me.

But, were all 30 pairs found in the same place in the apt.? Maybe some were from a laundry basket, some from a drawer, and maybe, some in a tucked away spot.......like in a box or something hidden in the back of a closet?

I have a question about the AA meeting schedule. What is said there is supposed to be confidential. Can LE intrude to members to see what if anything he may have said there since the murder? Will the other members talk about it? I know it may violate some honor code, but it's not a legal privilege or anything.

Hidden away would definitely raise a red flag to me ... as opposed to lingerie drawer, laundry basket.

Are there unsolved rapes in which panties were taken? And DNA did not match anyone in the system. Hmm.

I mean why else would they take underwear that belonged to his wife -- unless he had given them as gifts? AND panties were missing from the crime scene?

I mean why else would they take underwear that belonged to his wife -- unless he had given them as gifts? AND panties were missing from the crime scene?

Sounds like she was found w/o panties.
I had early on she was found nude and raped.
I dismissed it as a rumor....now I am thinking he took her panties and ripped the PJ's off and left them (they were in inventory at JG's house)

They probably took all panties they could find in the house...including his wife's

I have been wondering what the significance of the paint is. Could he have been sniffing the fumes? That's the only thing I can think of and if so why is that significant?

I have been wondering what the significance of the paint is. Could he have been sniffing the fumes? That's the only thing I can think of and if so why is that significant?

Inhaling paint solvents maybe, but acrylic paint tubes?
Sounds like an artist paint set.

IMO - 30 pairs of panties aren't excessive unless they aren't JHF's OR no sign of briefs/boxers!!

JW search warrants add more to the bizareness than answer any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike