NC - Kierstyn Williamson from SC, lured and murdered after responding to online date, Monroe, 7 July 2023 *arrests*

margarita25

Reaction score

“A woman reported missing from Laurens, South Carolina, was found dead in North Carolina, according to authorities.

The Union County Sheriff’s Office in North Carolina said on Sunday it began investigating the disappearance of 18-year-old Kierstyn Williamson.”

[...]

“Two suspects have been taken into custody, and this matter is now being considered a homicide investigation, authorities said.”

—-

arrests-body-found.jpeg

A North Carolina man and his live-in girlfriend have been arrested in the death of an 18-year-old woman who believed she was meeting the man for a date after connecting online.

Joshua Newton, 25, and his live-in girlfriend, Victoria Smith, 22, were arrested in the death of Kierstyn Williamson, whose body was found on Tuesday miles away from Newton’s home on a road in Monroe. Williamson’s family reported her missing to police in Laurens, South Carolina, after they hadn’t heard from her since June 30, officials said. The Union County Sheriff’s Office began investigating Williamson’s disappearance on Sunday morning, officials said in a news release.

Newton faces first-degree murder and obstruction of justice charges. Smith is charged with obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact. They were being held at the Union County Jail, officials said. It is unclear if they have attorneys.

Promise Edwards told WBTV that she had no idea when she said goodbye to Jacob Williamson the night of June 30 that it would be the last time she would see him.

“The last thing I told him was “I love you, and see you in the morning,”' Edwards said.

According to Edwards, she has been a family friend of Williamson for years and knew him since birth.

According to Union County Sheriff’s Office, Williamson also began an online relationship with a man named Joshua Newton within the same last couple of months.

Authorities said Newton drove about two hours from the Monroe area to pick up Williamson in Laurens, S.C., for a date on June 30.

Newton reportedly brought Williamson back to a home in Monroe, where police said he killed the 18-year-old.

Williamson’s body was found about 10 miles away from the house in question, police said.

Newton has since been arrested and is facing charges that include first-degree murder and obstruction of justice. His live-in girlfriend, Victoria Smith, was also taken into custody.

Two people have been arrested in connection with the murder of 18-year-old Jacob Williamson, a South Carolina native who went missing last week while on a date with someone they had met online.

Williamson was reported missing by family on Sunday morning, according to the Union County Sheriff's Office in North Carolina, which had been conducting the search after receiving a tip Williamson was at a residence in Monroe, North Carolina. Williamson hadn't been seen or heard from since Friday evening, authorities said.

Williamson had been talking to a man online for a month and was expecting to go on a date -- meeting him in person for the first time -- before Williamson went missing Friday, according to the sheriff's office.

Joshua Newton allegedly went to the restaurant where Williamson worked in Laurens, South Carolina, and drove them back to his place in Monroe, more than two hours away, according to the sheriff's office.

The sheriff's office found a body believed to be Williamson on the side of a road a few miles away from Newton's house on Wednesday.

Newton and his live-in girlfriend, Victoria Smith, were both arrested. Police believe Newton killed Williamson at his home and Smith helped him hide the body, according to the sheriff's office.

Newton, 25, has been charged with first-degree murder and obstruction of justice while Smith, 22, has been charged with obstruction of justice and accessory after the fact

The sheriff's office found a body believed to be Williamson on the side of a road a few miles away from Newton's house on Wednesday.

"My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the victim in this case as they begin to mourn this unimaginable loss. Over the past several days, the men and women of the Union County Sheriff's Office have fully dedicated themselves to this case and ensuring the people responsible for this tragic loss.”

jacob-williamson-suspects-696x392.webp

UNION COUNTY, SC – Two people have been arrested for the murder of Kierstyn Williamson, an 18-year-old transgender resident of South Carolina who went missing last week during a date with a man they met online.

The Union County Sheriff’s Office in North Carolina received a report from Williamson’s family on Sunday morning, prompting an investigation. Acting on a tip that Williamson might be located at a home in Monroe, North Carolina, authorities began their search. Williamson had not been seen or heard from since Friday evening.
LXNMASPICZA4HH7Q3SVKOMBQRU.png
Kierstyn Williamson
According to the sheriff’s office, Williamson had engaged in online conversations with a man for approximately a month and had plans to meet in person for their first date. The office further revealed that Joshua Newton allegedly visited the restaurant where Williamson was employed in Laurens, South Carolina, and subsequently drove them back to his residence in Monroe, which was over two hours away.

Last edited:
I confused on what was going on? He had a girlfriend but was dating Kierstyn? What's the motive here?
Me too, call me judgy mcjudgerson but I am having a hard time reconciling the very handsome perp with his girlfriend. (unless of course this is a psychopath that wanted to murder and gf is just useful) I look forward to learning how exactly this unfolded.

Me too, call me judgy mcjudgerson but I am having a hard time reconciling the very handsome perp with his girlfriend.

(I mean, he might have symmetrical bone structure in his face, but he doesn't look like personal grooming is much of a priority. JMO.)

Me too, call me judgy mcjudgerson but I am having a hard time reconciling the very handsome perp with his girlfriend. (unless of course this is a psychopath that wanted to murder and gf is just useful) I look forward to learning how exactly this unfolded.
I’m not seeing the “very handsome” but either way he clearly has severe personality defects since he allegedly murdered someone, I’m sure he’s not exactly a catch

MOO

Promise Edwards said she took every precaution to protect 18-year-old Jacob Williamson.

Edwards said she and the victim’s mother were good friends growing up. She said many people knew Williamson, who was given the name Makennah but preferred to be called Jacob.

In the last few weeks, Williamson had come out as transgender and moved in with Edwards in her home in Laurens County.

“The most peace I have is knowing that the last month and a half that Jacob was alive, he was allowed to experience things that he had never experienced in his life,” Edwards said.

She said she had concerns, so Williamson suggested they download the family locator safety app Life 360 so Edwards could track Williamson.

“We had a whole in-depth conversation for days before this and all Jacob kept saying is it’ll be fine, he’s the sweetest, we are so much alike,” Edwards said.

Union County officials said Newton picked up Williamson in Laurens County on Friday and drove to where he lived in a trailer outside of Monroe.

Police said Newton killed Williamson at this location.

When Williamson’s location turned off Friday evening, Edwards said she became worried and started calling.

Edwards said she’s now holding on to the memories the two shared as well as the stuffed animal Williamson slept with every night.

“To think somebody could take somebody as innocent away that still sleeps, still sleeps with a teddy bear, it’s just the worst, the worst feeling I could ever feel right now,” Edwards said.

Newton’s father said his heart goes out to the victim’s family and that they deserve time to mourn.

The legal name reported by the news outlets is Kierstyn.
It’s very confusing. I began another thread with Jacob’s name as it was reported so in the abc article. The next post stated Jacob but listed her name under the photo. Later the thread was merged into this one. So it is understandable as transgenders are often called by different personal pronouns at separate stages of their life.

The victim was transgender. I'm sure we are all mature and kind enough to understand that some reports are going to refer to the victim as Jacob and some are going to refer to the victim with the victim's preferred name of Kierstyn. And I am sure are compassionate enough for a murder victim who was tricked into danger to not fill the thread with "correction" on pronouns and names.

The young person was murdered.

<modsnip>

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members